Tired offensive trope is tired

themunn

Reaction score
Yep. To win an owl, there will be games where we need him to score 4 td's or more, and he hasn't been able to do that yet. Fingers crossed.

You say that, but Wilson only scored 4 TDs once in 2013 and that was in a blowout 45-17 win against the Jags.

Walker is on track for 20+ TDs this season, so as long as one of the two is getting the ball into the endzone I don't really care who.

WarHawks

Reaction score
You say that, but Wilson only scored 4 TDs once in 2013 and that was in a blowout 45-17 win against the Jags.

Walker is on track for 20+ TDs this season, so as long as one of the two is getting the ball into the endzone I don't really care who.
Good post.

FLSeahawk

Reaction score
The only criticism I've seen this year is that the Offense (mostly due to Geno) stalls too often for too long a period of time (entire 2nd half Rams, most 1st half Detroit, 2nd half Giants), and this is valid.

We all know the ability is there, and the performance has been adequate, but a little more consistency and elevation is going to be needed when we face better teams. Starting with the Bengals.
Once the O-line gets healthy we’ll see an improved performance.

2nd half Rams- Both starting tackles injured in the opening 2:30 minutes

Most of first half Detroit- missing both starting tackles to injury and one of the guards got injured that game

2nd half Giants- both starting tackles missing to injury, starting LG injured, 2nd string RG injured, had to move the C to G and play a rookie C, 2nd string LT, RT, and 3rd string G.

There’s a consistent theme in those performances, but like you said the ability is there. Being healthy is the key.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Been waiting for years to see some of this creative style offense. Loving it. People have been doing these kinds of things to us for a while now. Nice to see us dish it out. :) (y) (y)
And we've got the personnel to make it happen. Consistent and well-rounded tight-ends, a QB who stays in-the-system, fast, sure-handed WRs, and and increasingly supportive O-line. It gives Geno more options, too, it appears.

What's not to like?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
It's hard to score points in the NFL. Almost as hard as keeping opponents out of the endzone. Fans expect their team to go 80 yards. Excuse me, 75 yards every possession and get a TD when in reality they're not playing Madden on Rookie mode.

And don't get me started on the arbitrary bogus calls the officials call here and there that completely stall drives. or keep drives alive.

I'm convinced that even if both teams played flawlessly throughout the entire game and did everything by the book, penalties would still be called. Refs would probably feel like they weren't doing their job if they didn't throw laundry.
It might just be that I'm kinda high (really, REALLY high, actually), but, those first 2 sentences are crackin me up. 🤣