Estatic, but Feelin' sad for 'Hawks fans...

ScottWade

Reaction score
Lifetime Pats fan from Waltham (home of the Celts), but have been living in WA for close to 8 years and adopted the Seahawks as my 2nd team (since they're NFC) and love watching the 'Hawks. I've not missed a single Pats or 'Hawks game this season (live & DVR). That said...

I've lurked here for some time, read the recent posts and decided to join...But I ended up biting my tongue, remembering my early days posting about the Pats single SB win and have done the same here.

There's nothing to not love about the Seahawks and they are built to go the distance. They'll be in the SB for a fair number of years. They're not a fluke!

But about that bravado on these boards...Do hope that most of you now understand that Brady is not Peyton "Happy Feet" Manning and that the receiving corp is not chopped liver, that NE plays the same way, plays the full 60 minutes. I'll leave it at that...

I'd be surprised if next year's SB is not a rematch and I do look forward to it.

Go Pats...Go Hawks...Love the fans of both teams...

gremlin

Reaction score
Pats have some great receivers. Brady doesn't have to do a ton. He throws a lot of one yard passes that turn into good yardage. Drives defenses nuts. They are almost like long hand offs. But hes good at it. Seattle had the game, and gave it away, but shit happens.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Your post was kinda classy, save for the Brady thumpin.

Congrats on the win.

I will take your team on with all my guys fully healthy, any day of the week.

mikeak

Reaction score
gremlin":3ozr4xf5 said:
Pats have some great receivers. Brady doesn't have to do a ton. He throws a lot of one yard passes that turn into good yardage. Drives defenses nuts. They are almost like long hand offs. But hes good at it. Seattle had the game, and gave it away, but shit happens.

And coaching that creates space whereas I see lots of our routes running players into eachother

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Play calling aside, we need more WRs with a large catch radius and good hands. Kearse is definitely not the answer for that. We saw our short passing game come alive toward the end of the season with Richardson, but I have doubts about his durability. Love the big-body dynamic brought by Matthews, but I'm tired of seeing either long passes or nothing. When need more than just someone who is good at getting jump balls. Supposedly Norwood has a good catching radius, but he seems unable to contribute on special teams. He won't be activated for many games at that rate. The optimist in me says maybe that's because of his injuries, but why would we use a UFA from the CFL over him?

I'm looking forward to the draft.

jake206

Reaction score
draft and free-agency. I'm still curious how the hawks will deal with Wagner, Maxwell and Wilson. If they'll have any room for extra free-agents like Larry Fitzgerald or other older vets.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Brady had a good game but I dont feel like he did anything actually impressive...

I dont know how many times the scheme put Vereen on Wagner wide open in the middle and he burned him over and over and over and over again.

The pass to gronk was a decision even I noticed presnap...oh whats that...1v1 with no safety help...god please break up this pass....brady goes back and passes..yep...thats a TD

Almost all the passes were schemed to get the WRs open I didnt see very many difficult throws

Even still, we decide to run it instead of doing a stupid empty field pass..probably score and people talk about how Brady is now 3-3 and cant get the job done anymore

OP
OP
S

ScottWade

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":81egkt3m said:
ScottWade":81egkt3m said:
Lifetime Pats fan from Waltham (home of the Celts), but have been living in WA for close to 8 years and adopted the Seahawks as my 2nd team (since they're NFC) and love watching the 'Hawks. I've not missed a single Pats or 'Hawks game this season (live & DVR). That said...

I've lurked here for some time, read the recent posts and decided to join...But I ended up biting my tongue, remembering my early days posting about the Pats single SB win and have done the same here.

There's nothing to not love about the Seahawks and they are built to go the distance. They'll be in the SB for a fair number of years. They're not a fluke!

But about that bravado on these boards...Do hope that most of you now understand that Brady is not Peyton "Happy Feet" Manning and that the receiving corp is not chopped liver, that NE plays the same way, plays the full 60 minutes. I'll leave it at that...

I'd be surprised if next year's SB is not a rematch and I do look forward to it.

Go Pats...Go Hawks...Love the fans of both teams...

Having suffered the most brutal loss in Superbowl history (this now ranks second) and having a perfect season and being labeled the "greatest team of all time" being ripped away from you by a team you should have beat, because of an inexplicable fluke helmet catch play?

Yes, I think Patriots fans probably know exactly how we feel right now.

Absolutely, any true Pats fan knows the feeling. I certainly do and the fact that I now live in WA, well, yeah, I really do feel bad about how it impacts the locals and my personal friends (all 'Hawks fans). As they say, been there, done that...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I give up. The cheating Patriots hoist the Lombardi, and Godell will sweep it all under the rug for his buddy Kraft. I'm done.

Leave Bevell in Phoenix and let him hitchhike back to Seattle only to find he's been fired. Actually, that's not enough. Take all his stuff and burn it on the lawn of the VMAC.

Block everyone with less than 50 posts. Screw the Cheatriots.

OP
OP
S

ScottWade

Reaction score
BocciHawk":16mppkn7 said:
I give up. The cheating Patriots hoist the Lombardi, and Godell will sweep it all under the rug for his buddy Kraft. I'm done.

Leave Bevell in Phoenix and let him hitchhike back to Seattle only to find he's been fired. Actually, that's not enough. Take all his stuff and burn it on the lawn of the VMAC.

Block everyone with less than 50 posts. Screw the Cheatriots.

Sorry about your Luck, sorry that you didn't face the powerhouse Browns or Jets in the SB. Perhaps better security? Why did BB have your playbook, walk-through video in 3D, hidden microphones and such? I embrace the practice and wonder why other teams do not utilize counter-surveillance?

Man, I love the Seahawks, but I'm still a born Pats fan. Get over it. It was a level field and the two best teams faced each other. Two fluke plays and it was over. Could have gone either way. Geez............

djb28

Reaction score
Brady is the king of the 3 yard pass. He has quick eyes and his guys get open quick. We need that so badly. I was really disappointed we played off them so much. Last year we knocked wr's on their ass. Are we gun shy from the Refs? Is it the play calling? I dont know. I am sad about this loss. But thats life.

djb28

Reaction score
Brady is the king of the 3 yard pass. He has quick eyes and his guys get open quick. We need that so badly. I was really disappointed we played off them so much. Last year we knocked wr's on their ass. Are we gun shy from the Refs? Is it the play calling? I dont know. I am sad about this loss. But thats life.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
djb28":1op431z8 said:

Brady is the king of using his teams strengths and capitalizing on the opponent's weaknesses. When you have small quick receivers (endleman & amenwhatever) going against big physical corners you get them the ball and let them make a move. When you have the man child Gronk split with a linebacker that's where you go.

I would venture to day Brady has played with more varied receivers than any other qb in history and has morphed his game accordingly

soxhawk

Reaction score
Congrats, man. Hurts to say, but we had you and you took it away from us fair and square. We're feeling like Det, Dal, & GB except they don't have what it took to get to the big dance. I hope we're healthy next year and show you how we really play.