Even Pats announcers are huge arrogant homers

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Oh man, that is pure gold! GOLD, JERRY! Patriot tears taste the best. What a couple of hacks.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
This is unreal Wilson does not read the play that well ? Oh my , what a pinhead Wilson reads coverage better than anyone in the league

This embarrassing

Smellyman

Reaction score

gulliver

Reaction score
A little after 10:15 the guy says "you're making Russell Wilson look like a quarterback, which he's not."

A little later, "what a bad throw by [RW], he didn't even give his receiver a chance to get a PI, seems that's the only success they have throwing downfield."

Later still, "Russell Wilson is the worst starting quarterback in the National Football League. You made him look like your starter in the NFC Pro Bowl this year. He doesn't read things well. All he does is stand back there and throw it up. Unbelievable. That's an embarrassing loss."

Finally the guys finish it up with "the Patriots lost it more than Seattle won it" and "they'll be passing out trophies in the locker room and congratulating themselves."

***WOW***

Is this a college radio show or the Patriots' actual broadcast? Attacking players? Sheesh. That is beyond sour grapes and well into the dumpster of Internet sports hate.

Anyway, that turned out to be real prescient eh? RW "not a real quarterback", except for the part where's he's about to win his 2nd Super Bowl in his first 3 years.

Let's hand them their biggest Seahawks loss yet and we can listen to them fish for excuses once again.

Scottemojo

Reaction score

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1tvyo0a3 said:
furi0usbee":1tvyo0a3 said:
Ambrose83":1tvyo0a3 said:
listen to this call from the game 2 years ago.... talk about unprofessional.... SMH

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/onair/dav ... -13183226/

Yeah, I would think the *home* team announcers would be biased to pull for their team. Just a hunch it works that way around the league.
There is biased, and there is stupid. Zolak is stupid.

That's your opinion. I like listening to Zo as he adds some excitement to the call. Sure he says some goofy things at times, and he'll often tell you the bad along with the good. Obviously, you are less inclined to like anyone doing commentary against your team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
furi0usbee":32kit25d said:
Scottemojo":32kit25d said:
furi0usbee":32kit25d said:
Ambrose83":32kit25d said:
listen to this call from the game 2 years ago.... talk about unprofessional.... SMH

Yeah, I would think the *home* team announcers would be biased to pull for their team. Just a hunch it works that way around the league.
There is biased, and there is stupid. Zolak is stupid.

That's your opinion. I like listening to Zo as he adds some excitement to the call. Sure he says some goofy things at times, and he'll often tell you the bad along with the good. Obviously, you are less inclined to like anyone doing commentary against your team.
Nope. Zolak really is a stupid man. I think the man drinks during games. His unicorns and show ponies crap was awful announcing, and his football analysis is hack work.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2zxewsqr said:
Ambrose83":2zxewsqr said:

Um no... you will never hear moon or Raible disrespect oposing players or fans like that. That was blatant stupidity ... you pats fan are unreal... our team cheats. . It's ok... our announcers are arrogant pricks.. it's ok.... talk about reading with the Homer glasses on.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1v1wb1e7 said:
furi0usbee":1v1wb1e7 said:
Ambrose83":1v1wb1e7 said:

Um no... you will never hear moon or Raible disrespect oposing players or fans like that. That was blatant stupidity ... you pats fan are unreal... our team cheats. . It's ok... our announcers are arrogant pricks.. it's ok.... talk about reading with the Homer glasses on.
Yeah, it's weird that all these Pats fans come here assuming that everything everywhere is just like it is in Boston without taking any time to check things out first. It gives a good context to their overall "everyone hates us, circle the wagons, deny, deflect, repeat" approach.

I'd bet none of you knew anything about our local radio broadcast team before you came to this site, because if you did you would know our announcers do not denigrate other players. Pulling for the home team does not require belittling opposing teams' players nor explaining away losses with lame excuses.

Brock Huard, who does analysis for big college games, just said the same thing after playing some of that 2012 game audio on ESPN 710 AM. He's definitely a Seattle guy, but he's no dumb homer.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Pats fans apparently do not know the difference between "pulling for your team" and being a complete dbag on the radio.

DId you even listen to the clip Pats fans?? How do you defend that.....

Oh wait, never mind. After deflategate, its pretty easy to see how far buried your heads are.

Unreal.

Thomas144

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2htdqpqw said:

To be honest it reminds me of exactly what I was thinking watching Seattle play Green Bay in the NFCCG - that I was glad to see Russell Wilson exposed as a fraud. What I didn't realize was that Wilson has God on his side. There should be a rule against invoking the Lord to help teams win games.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Thomas144":edyq6qzj said:
Hawkpower":edyq6qzj said:

To be honest it reminds me of exactly what I was thinking watching Seattle play Green Bay in the NFCCG - that I was glad to see Russell Wilson exposed as a fraud. What I didn't realize was that Wilson has God on his side. There should be a rule against invoking the Lord to help teams win games.

I can only assume you are a NE fan. Yeah the fraud that tied, broke and set many, many NFL records in his first three years. Just like Brady is a fraud. Our little fraud will bring home another trophy and then what will you all have to say.

Thomas144

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":25l1lpuw said:
Thomas144":25l1lpuw said:
Hawkpower":25l1lpuw said:

I can only assume you are a NE fan. Yeah the fraud that tied, broke and set many, many NFL records in his first three years. Just like Brady is a fraud. Our little fraud will bring home another trophy and then what will you all have to say.

Yes, I am a Pats fan, which is why I was answering the question. I really haven't seen Russell Wilson play all that much - but I did watch that game in 2012 and the recent game against Green Bay. I didn't see the superbowl last year - I think I was late to turn it on and then it was a blow-out or something (I actually don't remember). So my impression of Russell Wilson is based on two games in which he didn't play well until the very end.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Typical Boston bias. These guys were nowhere to be found before they lucked into Brady. Half empty stadium, irrelevant franchise. Only a few more years before it's back to the basement where they rightfully belong. They still haven't won a championship as far as I'm concerned, and they never will.

Thomas144

Reaction score
AirStrike":6ywwvu61 said:
Typical Boston bias. These guys were nowhere to be found before they lucked into Brady. Half empty stadium, irrelevant franchise. Only a few more years before it's back to the basement where they rightfully belong. They still haven't won a championship as far as I'm concerned, and they never will.

I only pay attention to the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins when they are doing well. There's just so much time in one's life that you can devote to watching sports, so I try to be selective. I'm actually looking forward to the end of the Belichick/Brady era so I can get my weekends back in the fall. Trust me, if in 14 years the Seahawks have been to 6 superbowls winning half of them, you will feel the same way. remember when you were a teenager and couldn't imagine being bored by regular sex? It's the same sort of monotony that you really can't appreciate until you've been there.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Thomas144":117dihrp said:
EntiatHawk":117dihrp said:
Thomas144":117dihrp said:
Hawkpower":117dihrp said:

Yes, I am a Pats fan, which is why I was answering the question. I really haven't seen Russell Wilson play all that much - but I did watch that game in 2012 and the recent game against Green Bay. I didn't see the superbowl last year - I think I was late to turn it on and then it was a blow-out or something (I actually don't remember). So my impression of Russell Wilson is based on two games in which he didn't play well until the very end.

So you decided to judge Russell off of two games only in his 3 years. Oh and BTW he won both games. I guess that counts for nothing. As for Russell evoking God, I am an atheist and Wilson evoking god is nothing to me. Many people believe many things. He is not overbearing with it and its what he obviously believes. And you called Wilson a fraud? A Pats fan calling out anyone else as a fraud Hahahahahahhahhahahahaha. What a troll. I believe more in an imaginary dude in the sky controlling things than.....Hey wait a minute, Roger Goodell, control, Kraft, it is all coming together now. Do you Pats fans believe that Goodell is GOD. Do you pray to him? I mean it is working somewhat obviously with all the things blessed upon your team (Tuck rule, spygate tapes destroyed, inflate gate swept under rug till after Super Bowl). Now I understand.

KatarHol

Reaction score
Thomas144":2uoym1k0 said:
EntiatHawk":2uoym1k0 said:
Thomas144":2uoym1k0 said:
Hawkpower":2uoym1k0 said:

Here's a clue, all of Wilson's stats are better than Brady's through the same point in their respective careers.