Falcons @ Eagles

Cyrus12

Reaction score
poly1274":3nhpd39x said:
Why did the eagles trade for Bennett?

Bennett played few snaps this game, and why would they take on his contract?

Good to see he has done nothing....hoping for an offside by him before the end of this one.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Eagles LT with so many uncalled false starts tonight. Good for him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":22hekt3q said:

Saw at least one of those.

He tackled the guy that for injured. Wrapped his arm around his waist and pulled him down.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3hj6ziub said:
The Sark offense fails yet again.....

You’re telling me running all go’s all four downs goal to go isn’t the best playcalling there?!

James in PA

Reaction score
I had no doubt Atlanta would choke down there. Hey Matty, the ball actually has to be catchable IN BOUNDS in order to get the TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James in PA

Reaction score
ivotuk":1j30o0hm said:
Coug_Hawk08":1j30o0hm said:

Saw at least one of those.

He tackled the guy that for injured. Wrapped his arm around his waist and pulled him down.
The NFL refs are already in mid-season form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
Takeaways from this game.

--Matt Ryan makes $30M APY because he plays on Julio Jones' team. Ryan is absolutely pedestrian without him. There are people out there that think Ryan is better than Wilson. Which I will never understand. Sark is damn bad, but Matt Ryan needs to be carried by his OC to make plays.

--Throughout the night I debated whether Bevell was better than Sark, it is a close matchup, but I think Bevell just barely edges him out. Sark is a likely candidate to be fired mid-season. A few OCs always end up getting canned by mid-year.

--I wasn't particularly impressed with Philly. In the context of them being the champs and bringing back most of their team. They should look like world beaters, instead it showcased once again how razor thin it is in the NFL from being in-or-out when it comes to making the playoffs particularly in the NFC this year. Wentz has to get right before he plays or they won't make a deep run. If Wentz plays hobbled they are done. The NFC is too deep this year.

--The NFC is now the NBA's Western Conference. There are 13 playoff caliber teams in the NFC vying for 6 spots.

Rams
Seahawks
49ers
Packers
Vikings
Bears
Lions
Saints
Panthers
Falcons
Eagles
Redskins
Cowboys

----------------------
Arizona
New York Giants (And the Giants probably won't be that bad.)
Tampa Bay

--The game is over officiated, and I don't know how many more years I can keep watching this.

--Too many stoppages, flags, commericals, reviews, flags, injury timeouts, more commercials, flags, more flags. It takes way too long to watch an NFL football game live now.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Missing Wentz and Jeffrey was a big deal for the Eagles as Foles was just awful this game. 3.44 YPA... Ajayi averaged 0.7 more yards per rush than Foles did per pass!

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":5tmn61qa said:
Missing Wentz and Jeffrey was a big deal for the Eagles as Foles was just awful this game. 3.44 YPA... Ajayi averaged 0.7 more yards per rush than Foles did per pass!

This. Eagles are really struggling at the WR position and it showed last night. A UDFA who was on the bubble a week ago had the second most snaps last night as a WR and I think he only had one catch. With Alshon out for probably another month and Mack Hollins out for at least another six weeks, can’t help but wonder if they dip their toe into the Dez pool now that his salary is non-guaranteed.

Also, that Eagles defense is something else. This was without Nigel Bradham who is the teams best LB and will be back next week and Timmy Jernigan who probably won’t be back until the mid point of the year. Sidney Jones looked really good too.

They were hobbled last night and I didn’t feel super confident as an Eagles fan and it wasn’t pretty but against teams like the Falcons, it doesn’t have to be. Get the win and get everybody healthy for the back half.

....and now....8 hours of travel to get back to SEA.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fade":1st4bsl2 said:
The game is over officiated, and I don't know how many more years I can keep watching this. Too many stoppages, flags, commericals, reviews, flags, injury timeouts, more commercials, flags, more flags. It takes way too long to watch an NFL football game live now.

Wow you ain't kidding. It was brutal to watch last night. Preseason Game 5 anyone?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":1rd4iip1 said:
Fade":1rd4iip1 said:
The game is over officiated, and I don't know how many more years I can keep watching this. Too many stoppages, flags, commericals, reviews, flags, injury timeouts, more commercials, flags, more flags. It takes way too long to watch an NFL football game live now.

Wow you ain't kidding. It was brutal to watch last night. Preseason Game 5 anyone?

Yep. I left the Flag Football game after half and went to bed. Was not even enjoyable to watch. Almost put on that evil movie I have in the dvd player...yanno the one. Psycho girl kills green lady....sister goes after her and she kills her too. Must be some meds in that movie too...as a lion, scarecrow, and tin woodsman can talk. Wierd.

rcaido

Reaction score
I miss the game...How was Bennett?

adeltaY

Reaction score
rcaido":9t5wl6nn said:

Couple good tackles against the run and a few good pass rushes but otherwise nada. He just doesn't look as good as the monster of 2013-2015, which makes sense but is kinda sad.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":3qfux4d3 said:
rcaido":3qfux4d3 said:

Couple good tackles against the run and a few good pass rushes but otherwise nada. He just doesn't look as good as the monster of 2013-2015, which makes sense but is kinda sad.

Bennett is in a good spot where he’s now coming in off the bench rotationally. I think he’ll improve as the year goes on as well.