FAO Patriots fans

Northhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2zowqui5 said:
The Superbowl is upon us, and no doubt, you're feeling very good about your teams chances to win it all for the fourth time in the Brady and Belichick era. You have come to our boards showing the kind of bravado one should expect from a team that has been a contender for over a decade. You have confidence that your experienced team with it's veteran QB and savvy, crafty head coach can come into Glendale and put one over on the upstart young Seahawks. Good. You should feel confident. The Broncos and their fans felt exactly the same way you do this time last year.

As was the case a year ago, most of the pundits are touting a win for the Patriots. They're writing articles about how Russell Wilson isn't that good. How the defense has weaknesses that the Patriots are built to expose. They're going to tell you how Seattle just doesn't have enough offense. You're going to hear them say what a great career Tom Brady has had, and how he will cement his legacy with another Superbowl win. You're going to feel so excited when, on Sunday morning, the vast majority of pundits, analysts and talking heads all pick the Patriots to win the superbowl. You'll feel like the injuried sustained by Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman will give the Patriots a significant edge. You're going to believe that Marshawn Lynch will be a distraction for his team, and that he won't have a great game rushing. You will have no doubt that the Patriots' defense can cover the Seattle receivers adequately, so as to slow down Russell Wilson and the Seahawks' offense.

Right up until the game starts, you're just going to be so sure that the Patriots are going to win. The coin toss will happen. The game will start, and for the next few hours of your life, you're going to watch in horror as the Seahawks stomp the absolute piss out of the Patriots in front of the entire world. The game will end, and you'll be left with nothing to say except for that immortal, unanswerable question first posed to the world by the legendary Jack Burton not one year ago:

How 'bout these ballhawks from the Pacific Northwest?

It had to be said.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
"I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony." -Alex

Metaphor, anyone?

pmedic920

Reaction score
bobdigital":1r9uhwbw said:
peachesenregalia":1r9uhwbw said:
The Superbowl is upon us, and no doubt, you're feeling very good about your teams chances to win it all for the fourth time in the Brady and Belichick era. You have come to our boards showing the kind of bravado one should expect from a team that has been a contender for over a decade. You have confidence that your experienced team with it's veteran QB and savvy, crafty head coach can come into Glendale and put one over on the upstart young Seahawks. Good. You should feel confident. The Broncos and their fans felt exactly the same way you do this time last year.

As was the case a year ago, most of the pundits are touting a win for the Patriots. They're writing articles about how Russell Wilson isn't that good. How the defense has weaknesses that the Patriots are built to expose. They're going to tell you how Seattle just doesn't have enough offense. You're going to hear them say what a great career Tom Brady has had, and how he will cement his legacy with another Superbowl win. You're going to feel so excited when, on Sunday morning, the vast majority of pundits, analysts and talking heads all pick the Patriots to win the superbowl. You'll feel like the injuried sustained by Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman will give the Patriots a significant edge. You're going to believe that Marshawn Lynch will be a distraction for his team, and that he won't have a great game rushing. You will have no doubt that the Patriots' defense can cover the Seattle receivers adequately, so as to slow down Russell Wilson and the Seahawks' offense.

Right up until the game starts, you're just going to be so sure that the Patriots are going to win. The coin toss will happen. The game will start, and for the next few hours of your life, you're going to watch in horror as the Seahawks stomp the absolute piss out of the Patriots in front of the entire world. The game will end, and you'll be left with nothing to say except for that immortal, unanswerable question first posed to the world by the legendary Jack Burton not one year ago:

Well it is always unfortunate when some fans troll other boards. I came here not to troll but join in the conversation with your fan base to get their point of view on the game. Speaking of Bravado though; you are certainly not short of it yourself ;)

Let me address your post on some of its points. You bring up a game that happened a year ago against a team that was not this team and a Seahawks team that had different personnel in a lot of spots. To me it means nothing. Congrads on your win last year but sadly those points do not carry over to this year.

You are obviously confident in your team and have a right to be so. You are the champs for good reason and the talent is clearly there for a repeat. I would say though if you confuse this years Pats with last years Broncos you will be mistaken.

This Pats team has a very good D. That Broncos team was fairly average overall. This Pats team is mentally tough and will not back down from a fight. That Broncos team was mentally weak and was soft. That Broncos team came out flat and appear scared and overwhelmed by your team that was ready. This Pats will be prepared and come out ready for a rock fight at the first snap.

I do not overlook your team. I know how good they are. They are legit championship caliber no doubt. I ask you to also consider the possibility the Pats are too. That Denver team you played last year was not.

Welcome to .net
I invite you to remain active here after the game. This is a great place to talk football.
If you had spent more than a minute figuring out who is who around here, you would understand the significance of the OP.
Tread lightly my friend, Chuck Norris Fears the Peach.
:{)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":1yp0as8d said:
bobdigital":1yp0as8d said:
peachesenregalia":1yp0as8d said:

Well it is always unfortunate when some fans troll other boards. I came here not to troll but join in the conversation with your fan base to get their point of view on the game. Speaking of Bravado though; you are certainly not short of it yourself ;)

Let me address your post on some of its points. You bring up a game that happened a year ago against a team that was not this team and a Seahawks team that had different personnel in a lot of spots. To me it means nothing. Congrads on your win last year but sadly those points do not carry over to this year.

You are obviously confident in your team and have a right to be so. You are the champs for good reason and the talent is clearly there for a repeat. I would say though if you confuse this years Pats with last years Broncos you will be mistaken.

This Pats team has a very good D. That Broncos team was fairly average overall. This Pats team is mentally tough and will not back down from a fight. That Broncos team was mentally weak and was soft. That Broncos team came out flat and appear scared and overwhelmed by your team that was ready. This Pats will be prepared and come out ready for a rock fight at the first snap.

I do not overlook your team. I know how good they are. They are legit championship caliber no doubt. I ask you to also consider the possibility the Pats are too. That Denver team you played last year was not.

Welcome to .net
I invite you to remain active here after the game. This is a great place to talk football.
If you had spent more than a minute figuring out who is who around here, you would understand the significance of the OP.
Tread lightly my friend, Chuck Norris Fears the Peaches SCARF.
:{)

F I F Y..... :mrgreen:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Hells Yeah, Peaches. I'm feeling the same way! Confident as hell.

Don't anyone confuse that with the Hawks' confidence. They won't be overlooking the Pats.
They'll be looking them straight in the eyes.

Go Hawks!