Old fans like me

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
And or maybe STAY in the "Dark Years" once Pete is gone....."Been there (almost 30 years of it) Done that"

I'm all for a coaching change, I also think it's time.

But fans are fixating on the wrong part of the equation today, and frankly the past couple of years. Successful organizations start from the top down, so like I said above until we have a unified ownership group that's present and 100% fully engaged in the Hawks and their success?

Changing coaches, GM's, coordinators, whatever..........isn't going to matter. In fact, you're right. It probably would create even more chaos than help. Because Pete's the one running the show from top to bottom BECAUSE of the ownership void.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere we have made the playoffs all but 5 of that past 21 years? How many other teams can say that?
Seems like a lot of folks don't think that is a good thing. I wonder how many of those folks were with us in the beginning. Not many is my guess.
Fast, easy, and looks like. That's the value system so many are buying into. And those who say winning a SB once is worthless unless you win the next one need to go live in a box in Atlanta, or Jacksonville, or somewhere else for awhile.
Those who stick with the Seahawks through thick and through thin will be the ones who earn the right to celebrate the next one we win.
I was married for 18 of the past 24 years, but I still got a divorce and am much happier because of it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I turned 40 last year, I'm considered old. You're ancient. Just messing.

You are more likely to see our Seahawks go back to a SB in our lifetime, than I am to see my Zags win a national championship.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'm staring at 75 y/o in a couple of weeks and have been a Hawks fan since 1981 when I moved from the Midwest to the PNW.

Although I don't have a guarantee, I believe that I've got at least another 10 years in me... and yes, I believe that I'll live to see our team in another SB in my lifetime.
I fux with this!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'll watch them for sure , but sort of expect similar results. The Cards are no pushover game for us. 50/50. I worried about the Steelers as they are basically the Rams without Stafford. We got Rammed to death yesterday. The Cards don't quite fit that profile, so I have hopes we can end the season on a high note, but we'll have to play better and I'm not sure we're up to it.
If the boys can't get it up to go out swinging for the final regular season game of the season, then gottdammit, they can all kick rocks.

Fade

Reaction score
Lemme give you folks some hopium.

The Seahawks are far more talented than many realize. The coaching is atrocious and makes most of the players look bad, or under achieve at the very least.

Like Jeff Fisher going 7-9 every year, he wasn't getting the most out of that roster. McVay stepped in and turned them into contenders immediately.

A new coach, and a couple more drafts and they will be primed to compete for Super Bowls again. The hardest part will be finding the QB.

But you got to take the first step... Fire Pete Carroll and stop living in the past. It's time to move forward.

Most of Seattle's issues are schematic, and detail oriented.

Personnel issues are few.

Offense:

-Interior O-Line.
-QB

Defense:
-NT
-MLB
-S

QB is the only high value piece on the needs board.

Studs at S, NT, OG, OC, MLB, are routinely found in the 2nd rd Rd or later. It's not like Seattle needs a slew of top 10 picks to turn things around.

Building Block Pieces Already in place.

-WRs
-RBs
-OTs

-EDGE
-CBs
-3T (If Williams is retained)

Attack the trenches heavy, and find a way to come out with the QBotF in the next 2 drafts. Get a modern NFL OFFENSIVE HC to groom the QB.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I'm 55 and have been a diehard since I found out there was a Seattle Seahawks NFL team just miles from my childhood home when I was 8 years old.

Since my NUMBER ONE bucket list item has been checked off (See the Seahawks win a Super Bowl), I can honestly say I can die happy. (Unless I am murdered with an ax by an ex).

Sure, we endured our hardships (SBXL*, SB49) but to win it all, even one time is lifetime fullfiment stuff.

Same age, same story here and feel the same way.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'm 73 and have followed the Hawks since 1976 . I saw them go to 3 Super Bowls , winning one of them . I'm starting to come to the realization that I may never see the Hawks in a SB game again . I'm guessing that there are many " ancient " Hawk fans thinking the same thing . Oh well... :)
Well, I am 77. Still in good health, but the clock is ticking. At the start of this season, I thought the Seahawks were closer to “Super Bowl ready” than the Bears, but now it seems reversed.

I can tell you that there is excitement on the Bears fan forum, in contrast to all the doom and gloom here.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'm staring at 75 y/o in a couple of weeks and have been a Hawks fan since 1981 when I moved from the Midwest to the PNW.

Although I don't have a guarantee, I believe that I've got at least another 10 years in me... and yes, I believe that I'll live to see our team in another SB in my lifetime.
I hope you have 20 in you! good ones.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere we have made the playoffs all but 5 of that past 21 years? How many other teams can say that?
Seems like a lot of folks don't think that is a good thing. I wonder how many of those folks were with us in the beginning. Not many is my guess.
Fast, easy, and looks like. That's the value system so many are buying into. And those who say winning a SB once is worthless unless you win the next one need to go live in a box in Atlanta, or Jacksonville, or somewhere else for awhile.
Those who stick with the Seahawks through thick and through thin will be the ones who earn the right to celebrate the next one we win.
"I think I read somewhere we have made the playoffs all but 5 of that past 21 years? How many other teams can say that?
Seems like a lot of folks don't think that is a good thing. I wonder how many of those folks were with us in the beginning. Not many is my guess."

You might be surprised. I've been a Seahawk fan since their inception, and I don't place a lot of value on simply making the playoffs, not when 14 out of 32 teams qualify. It's the definition of mediocrity. Kinda like being semi tough.

I fully understand that tearing this thing down and starting over might result in our being the next Cleveland or Detroit. But it's a risk that I'm willing to take. I want to strive for greatness. What the hell ever happened to "win forever"? We're not competing for a championship; we're competing for a 7th seed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I was married for 18 of the past 24 years, but I still got a divorce and am much happier because of it.
Your "Divorce" could very likely have been ON YOU, so there is THAT to take into consideration, eh?

LastRideOut

Reaction score
We're Hawk fans, we should always assume no SB's. It's in our eternally tortured DNA to expect the worst.

IMO no one should expect SB's until there's a new ownership group that's 100% focused on winning, and not just the sister of a dead owner who's not engaged beyond keeping things status quo in order to make her life easier.

I don't know. After seeing Jerry Jones, Tepper, Sydner, Al Davis, etc etc, I'm kind of glad Seattle has a hands off owner. I do wish Seattle was publicly owned like GB was but alas, it's not to be.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
"I think I read somewhere we have made the playoffs all but 5 of that past 21 years? How many other teams can say that?
Seems like a lot of folks don't think that is a good thing. I wonder how many of those folks were with us in the beginning. Not many is my guess."

You might be surprised. I've been a Seahawk fan since their inception, and I don't place a lot of value on simply making the playoffs, not when 14 out of 32 teams qualify. It's the definition of mediocrity. Kinda like being semi tough.

I fully understand that tearing this thing down and starting over might result in our being the next Cleveland or Detroit. But it's a risk that I'm willing to take. I want to strive for greatness. What the hell ever happened to "win forever"? We're not competing for a championship; we're competing for a 7th seed.
You like QUITTING and starting over ?, Again, and again, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN AD NAUSIUM???? I sure as hell DO NOT...PETE'S >>Super Bowl 48 gave me a Seahawks feeling like I'D NEVER FELT BEFORE, so you can have the leftovers RD

LastRideOut

Reaction score

But fans are fixating on the wrong part of the equation today, and frankly the past couple of years. Successful organizations start from the top down, so like I said above until we have a unified ownership group that's present and 100% fully engaged in the Hawks and their success?

Changing coaches, GM's, coordinators, whatever..........isn't going to matter. In fact, you're right. It probably would create even more chaos than help. Because Pete's the one running the show from top to bottom BECAUSE of the ownership void.

The counter argument is Jed York. Terrible owner but he got it right with the Lynch/Shanny hires.

Of course, the story would be much different if they didn't have Brock, but, honestly, they have the type of team in which you can plug Joe six-pack in at QB and still win.

I really don't think a meddling owner equates to a good owner.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

I agree, "Fans are fixated on the wrong part of the equation today" they're expecting Pete to pull off a Houdini and fix an ongoing deficit problem that has been trending downwards over the last few years while Wilson was at the Offensive helm....The MONEY wasn't there for Pete to reestablish the Offense to nowadays standards, Now granted, pete & John had gotten off track in trying to rebuild the Defense mid-stream and a lot of wasted money & effort went into acquiring retread players during the last 5 years, but it wasn't for a lack of trying to reestablish the Face of the Seahawks Franchise...I don't see Geno Smith as the final piece of the Reload puzzle, but I do see him as a really good intermediate QB until his heir apparent gets Drafted & sits behind him LEARNING an NFL System...Pete has shown that he's trying to establish an O-Line & Run Game to help the Heir Apparent prosper once he does get called upon to take over.
Hurt Sux, I don't deny that, but Pete has been kissing a lot of frogs, trying to revitalize the Defense, HURTS lack of smashmouth system??? ain't the answer.
I'm not in any hurry to go back to mediocrity, 7 out of 10 years of making the playoffs should be recognized as success...I want Pete to find his Replacement, not just get flushed down the toilet for some willy-nilly "Also Ran" replacement....He deserves better than that kind of DISRESPECTFUL sendoff.

djb28

Reaction score
I'm 73 and have followed the Hawks since 1976 . I saw them go to 3 Super Bowls , winning one of them . I'm starting to come to the realization that I may never see the Hawks in a SB game again . I'm guessing that there are many " ancient " Hawk fans thinking the same thing . Oh well... :)
Ah, You could go to 100 and live in turmoil with us all!

jeremiah

Reaction score
Your "Divorce" could very likely have been ON YOU, so there is THAT to take into consideration, eh?
I am shocked SHOCKED that you would put this on me...lol . . . The Hawk Carroll divorce will be as great as my divorce was.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Ya'll still out here even though you already got your Super Bowl 10 years ago?

Well in that case, might as well stick around for the next one.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
We aren't terrible. We just aren't good.
When people ask why .500 is not good enough, knowing that when we get rid of Carroll we will likely be worse NOT better.
Because to become truly good again, we will have to endure a few bad years and likely a few bad coaches.

It's probably going to be a while. This was a top team for nearly a decade. It was for a short period one of the greatest NFL teams ever, likely the best secondary ever.
But it will bob around .500 for a while, eventually dip below it, and then change will happen.
That change will likely lead to some dark years but that's the price you pay to get back to the top of the mountain again.
I just don’t want the way back machine to take us back to the 90’s. Those were some dark days as a Seahawks fan.