Old fans like me

xray

Reaction score
I'm 73 and have followed the Hawks since 1976 . I saw them go to 3 Super Bowls , winning one of them . I'm starting to come to the realization that I may never see the Hawks in a SB game again . I'm guessing that there are many " ancient " Hawk fans thinking the same thing . Oh well... :)

Welshers2

Reaction score
I'm 73 and have followed the Hawks since 1976 . I saw them go to 3 Super Bowls , winning one of them . I'm starting to come to the realization that I may never see the Hawks in a SB game again . I'm guessing that there are many " ancient " Hawk fans thinking the same thing . Oh well... :)
On this we agree Ray Ray! But you can still go see them in Arizona next weekend where you lived retired

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'll watch them for sure , but sort of expect similar results. The Cards are no pushover game for us. 50/50. I worried about the Steelers as they are basically the Rams without Stafford. We got Rammed to death yesterday. The Cards don't quite fit that profile, so I have hopes we can end the season on a high note, but we'll have to play better and I'm not sure we're up to it.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think like a lot of fans out there, the players have given up hope. It seems as if they just show up now..nothing more. A team like the Steelers would have put a fire in our team a few years ago knowing our past history with them. Now even with that we have a bunch of goal post players in uniforms just waiting for the season to end..like it's fans.

renofox

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think like a lot of fans out there, the players have given up hope. It seems as if they just show up now..nothing more. A team like the Steelers would have put a fire in our team a few years ago knowing our past history with them. Now even with that we have a bunch of goal post players in uniforms just waiting for the season to end..like it's fans.
^^^That's exactly what I saw.

The Seahawks players are not a team. They're a bunch of guys just showing up for a paycheck. There's a few guys who are self-motivated, but the majority DGAF.

I constantly hear about PC being a master motivator - that's his value to the Seahawks. I hear it, but I don't see it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm 55 and have been a diehard since I found out there was a Seattle Seahawks NFL team just miles from my childhood home when I was 8 years old.

Since my NUMBER ONE bucket list item has been checked off (See the Seahawks win a Super Bowl), I can honestly say I can die happy. (Unless I am murdered with an ax by an ex).

Sure, we endured our hardships (SBXL*, SB49) but to win it all, even one time is lifetime fullfiment stuff.

renofox

Reaction score
Next year, Adams will be the #1 safety cap hit in the NFL at $26.9M. Diggs will be #2 at $21.3M.

There are 64 starting safeties in the NFL.
edit to reflect most recent PFF;
Adams is now #83. Diggs #88. Let that sink in. 83/64 and 88/64. While collecting ~5x the average paycheck. Thanks, PCJS. 😡

edit to add: The majority of starting safeties in the NFL are paid less than $5M/yr, per OTC.

If they are released, the Seahawks will receive no services from them but will still take a cap hit of ~$31.1M.

This is just a taste of the roster building excellence of PCJS.

But we are so close. We only need a few more pieces! PCJS have a great plan. Let's RUN IT BACK!!! 🌈 🌈 🦄 🦄

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
76 here, I've seen the Worst & the Best that the Seahawks have had to offer and through it all, I've stayed an avid & ENTERTAINED Seahawks fan, too old and set in my ways to quit now.
After seeing my Seahawks go to those 3 Super-Bowls (icing on the cake), so, I'm staying UPBEAT.
The ONLY reason I'd get off the 'Seahawks Bandwagon' is to throw a little grease on the wheel bearings.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm staring at 75 y/o in a couple of weeks and have been a Hawks fan since 1981 when I moved from the Midwest to the PNW.

Although I don't have a guarantee, I believe that I've got at least another 10 years in me... and yes, I believe that I'll live to see our team in another SB in my lifetime.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I'll watch them for sure , but sort of expect similar results. The Cards are no pushover game for us. 50/50. I worried about the Steelers as they are basically the Rams without Stafford. We got Rammed to death yesterday. The Cards don't quite fit that profile, so I have hopes we can end the season on a high note, but we'll have to play better and I'm not sure we're up to it.
I’m thinking they will lose to Arizona. The Hawks are not a very good team this season. I could see it during preseason.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well, I'm a come to the party late fan - 2005 says it all - When you guys start talking about Largent et all - That's just not a part of my experience at all -

I think we'll get to another Owl. Possibly even win it. But I'm getting the distinct feeling it ain't with Pete. Which sucks. I've always been a big Holmey fan - but that's just 'cause he was my first date. But I've always loved Pete, just as the dude that he is.

We'll get there again. But again, not with Pete, and Not with Jody. I don't know MUCH about the office side of things - but I've been pretty shocked at just HOW hands off/uninvolved/unmotivated/unchanging she seems to be. I mean, she donated the plane for the Bill and Ted's excellent adventure QB tour - but really, other than showing up in a 12 jersey 2 times a season, she seems like she's MIA. Shit, at least Homey came back into the draft room this year - what has she done? (not that this is a hate Jody thread)

Draft a QBOTF, bounce Pete and Jody, or bounce the OC and DC and keep Pete - depending on who ya think the problem is - and I can see it happening. Jesus, just JSN and Spoon in this year's draft added HUGE resources to both sides of the ball K9 might need a different scheme - but did you see that shit yesterday? That was FIRE! You see DK run blocking yesterday? That ain't someone who's phoning it in - penalty and all. And if we can get an OC that can USE Rodman Jr. properly - the sky is the limit on offense. There's PLENTY of not give up, and future potential here right under our noses.

We'll get there again - I just don't see it for 2-4 years, and the right shit has to happen. But you know? I read the enemy fans stuff that I generate - and I gotta say - it doesn't matter WHO you are or WHAT team you root for - the conversations are pretty much the same across the board. The eagles fans want to crucify them right now! So we're licking our wounds here from some busts/fake lifters on the D - but that should get sorted out too. The letdown this season is squarely on the D. I got a few problems with the Offense, but not alot other than some TE usage and such.

Just my .02. Possibly slightly off topic. So anyone who's got 10 years still left in 'em - I think you might see it ;) And oh yea, I'm 55. I can't drive it, but apparently I can live it ;)

renofox

Reaction score
I suspect there is an iceberg to the Jamal Adams saga that we may never know
You say that like the story is coming to an end.

But I've heard that PC can't wait for JA to take the field next year. He's the bestest safety in the whole wide world and he's going to fix this defense next year. He'll be like Superman out there. Best in the nation? Nope. Best in the Universe!!! And a bargain at only $26,916,666! 🌈 🦄🌈🦄

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We aren't terrible. We just aren't good.
When people ask why .500 is not good enough, knowing that when we get rid of Carroll we will likely be worse NOT better.
Because to become truly good again, we will have to endure a few bad years and likely a few bad coaches.

It's probably going to be a while. This was a top team for nearly a decade. It was for a short period one of the greatest NFL teams ever, likely the best secondary ever.
But it will bob around .500 for a while, eventually dip below it, and then change will happen.
That change will likely lead to some dark years but that's the price you pay to get back to the top of the mountain again.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think I read somewhere we have made the playoffs all but 5 of that past 21 years? How many other teams can say that?
Seems like a lot of folks don't think that is a good thing. I wonder how many of those folks were with us in the beginning. Not many is my guess.
Fast, easy, and looks like. That's the value system so many are buying into. And those who say winning a SB once is worthless unless you win the next one need to go live in a box in Atlanta, or Jacksonville, or somewhere else for awhile.
Those who stick with the Seahawks through thick and through thin will be the ones who earn the right to celebrate the next one we win.

hawker84

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere we have made the playoffs all but 5 of that past 21 years? How many other teams can say that?
Seems like a lot of folks don't think that is a good thing. I wonder how many of those folks were with us in the beginning. Not many is my guess.
Fast, easy, and looks like. That's the value system so many are buying into. And those who say winning a SB once is worthless unless you win the next one need to go live in a box in Atlanta, or Jacksonville, or somewhere else for awhile.
Those who stick with the Seahawks through thick and through thin will be the ones who earn the right to celebrate the next one we win.
I'm 58 and still remember watching games in the kingdome and have endured the whole gammet with this team. The good and bad and down right miserable.

The problem I have with the we made the playoffs all but 5 out 21 years things is, ya that's great and all, we've been a consistent winning team for 2 decades. My problem is I look up in the rafters and see 3 CC banners, 1 SB banner and a bunch of division banners, which to me is nothing more than bragging rights wothin your division...

So 4 banners worth a damn in 48 years. 3 coming in the last 11 years. To me anything less than a conference championship banner is a failure. And as a former athlete I would suspect that's how the coaches and players view it as well. I would hope so anyways. If you think players and coaches are happy with division banners and one and dones in the playoff, I would argue that's not the case.

So to me to be happy, to have a winning record but never really accomplishing anything is just settling for mediocrity, and quite frankly a loser mentality. I mean I assume in this day and age the goal is still to win it all, at least have the chance to play fir a chip? Just my two cents. To each there own.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm 69 and have been a fan since their inception back in '76. I walked into the Kingdome when it was under construction and watched it being imploded from the 42nd floor of the Wells Fargo building.

These last few years have been frustrating. I said to my friends immediately after that fateful interception in SB49 that it will be more of a challenge for Pete to keep this team together than it was to build it. Boy, was I right about that one.

Now, we're stuck in the mediocrity rut, not good enough to compete for a SB but not bad enough for the coach to get fired and blow the team up. I'm still biting my tongue until the end of the season, but suffice it to say that I've been ready for a coaching change for the past several years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We're Hawk fans, we should always assume no SB's. It's in our eternally tortured DNA to expect the worst.

IMO no one should expect SB's until there's a new ownership group that's 100% focused on winning, and not just the sister of a dead owner who's not engaged beyond keeping things status quo in order to make her life easier.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We aren't terrible. We just aren't good.
When people ask why .500 is not good enough, knowing that when we get rid of Carroll we will likely be worse NOT better.
Because to become truly good again, we will have to endure a few bad years and likely a few bad coaches.

It's probably going to be a while. This was a top team for nearly a decade. It was for a short period one of the greatest NFL teams ever, likely the best secondary ever.
But it will bob around .500 for a while, eventually dip below it, and then change will happen.
That change will likely lead to some dark years but that's the price you pay to get back to the top of the mountain again.
And or maybe STAY in the "Dark Years" once Pete is gone....."Been there (almost 30 years of it) Done that".
IF we're more often than NOT hovering the Playoffs, we're in the right Neighborhood...and it's Pete Carroll who's responsible for getting and KEEPING the Seahawks RELIVANT, I FEEL like we are a Key player or two, asst. Coaching upgrade hires away from making our way BACK.
Some of y'all are or have been getting fed up with losing, and taking it for granted that Pete ISN'T?? I have a bridge I want to sell ya.
Some of you have the belief that Pete has put the Seahawks on Auto-Pilot for the last 10 or so years, and are what I'd call the "Instant Gratification Crowd", when in fact, Russel Wilson had been showing signs of REGRESSING you BLAMED that fallacy on Pete, and have come to realize that THAT wasn't the case at all, Some NOW believe that Pete should have the teams woes FIXED since Wilson's departure= UNREALISTIC....Geno Smith isn't the FIX, but he ain't the main problem either.
We could change Horses in the middle of the stream of CONSTANT CHANGES in the NFL and CAN the WRONG GUY and live to REGRET it for years.
In MY perfect world, Pete finds his replacement, and passes the baton, KNOWING that he gave Seattle his BEST efforts, and a LOMBARDI to show for it, not the B.S. Ridicule from a bunch of ingrates.

Last edited: