Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Packers)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Since it worked out great last week, I won't be making a prediction this week either.

I think the Hawks are undefeated when I DO NOT make a score prediction.

Just doing my part. :)

SeaChat

Reaction score
I don't buy the cold weather dictating the game outcome reasoning. I lived in Montana for 15 years and have lived out here on the Oregon coast for the past 20. It gets colder than a witches tit on new years eve in Montana at times, but the bone chilling cold of the Pacific Coast winters can be every bit as brutal and crippling as the ice cold temps of the upper mid-west.

You take a 15 mph wind coming in across the Pacific Ocean with good rain coming down and you'll find yourself wishing you were in Montana, knee deep in snow. A lot of you that have attended winter games up in Seattle, especially sitting or should I say standing up in the Hawks Nest, know exactly what I'm talking about. Green Bay will have nothing on the Hawks playing there.

Think back to the Viking game last year. The Seahawks actually played better than the Vikings did under those sub zero conditions. I'll pick the Seahawks to beat the Green Bay Packers.

Seattle Seahawks: 30
Green Bay Packers: 17

dutchman063

Reaction score
Packers offense has been playin well the last couple weeks, Rodgers is playin like his old self..still cant shake the Bucs road loss.... just not feelin the confidence for this one..

Pack 27
Hawks 24

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
GB will have limited success throwing the ball early but as the snow builds up the difference will be in the Seahawks having success with running the ball behind heavy, 2 TE or Tackle-eligible sets.

Hear that sound? Yep - Must be that danged Choo Choo Train again, coming down the tracks right at us!

Hawks 24
Slackers 17

8-3-1

Laloosh

Reaction score
Thanks for carrying the torch on this one, Kid.

SEA 24
GB 20

Go Hawks!

byau

Reaction score
Record: 1-0

Seahawks: 17
Packers: 14

While the snow will inhibit the pass game, and I think Aaron could take advantage of that better than Russell, in the end I see the pass rush being the key. Seahawks pass rush will pressure him all day, while without Clay Matthews and with our improved o-line Russell will be able to operate enough to win

Prop-Predictions
I wasn't too far off with my prediction of 2 INT and 1 fumble. :)
I expect the same again: 2 INTs, 1 fumble
And Terrell shows them he can flat out play side to side and while he gets tried, it won't work.

Oh, and Rawls goes for 120

Keyhawk

Reaction score
I don't feel positive about this game.

Packers 24
Seahawks 13

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm hoping not to jinx this. I had a pretty bad feeling about the Tampa game, but I talked myself into my prediction based off of numbers.

This week, I realized that my bad feeling was more based upon biases and outlooks from the beginning of the season. Rodgers has been on fire lately, but he's also had a softer schedule of pass defenses. I thought initially this would be bad for us with Earl out, but I think our pass rush will negate some of it, even with the snow.

Then I saw the practice reports. Seriously, one GB DT is questionable and hasn't had a FP all week, while their best pass rusher is out and Matthews is going to be limited at best. Their LB corp looks to be decimated. The snow helps us here; if the OL opens holes in the DL, we're going to get some good runs. I expect Rawls to have a good day.

Hawks 24
GB 17

RTD 7-4-1

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":54an6124 said:
Since it worked out great last week, I won't be making a prediction this week either.

I think the Hawks are undefeated when I DO NOT make a score prediction.

Just doing my part. :)

Keep up the good work :2thumbs:

I'll keep picking against the Hawks too. The team should be thanking us

Seafan

Reaction score
It's not the cold that will be a huge factor. It's the footing. And the slippery ball. Fast teams tend to be neutralized. If the footing is fairly normal (due to the right shoes) the Hawks will be ok. Slippery balls and high winds can affect the passing game. Rawls' quick cutting style may not work. We know that CM is going to be falling down. It should be a fun game to watch. Marcel Reece may be really important.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawks 20
Packers 24

RTD 7-4-1

I'm afraid we drop this one. For whatever reason, we're not great on the road this year and defeating G Bay there this time of year is daunting. With the snow it could be a crazy game and I expect many dropped passes.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
17-20 Packers

With their season on the line Rodgers take advance of Steven Terrill.

7-4-1 RTD

Cyrus12

Reaction score
GB defence sucks...Rogers and Mathews have no heart...running game sucks. Only question mark is Wilson in cold weather...he tends to freeze up. Hawks win 20-10

ytd 9-2-1

NJlargent

Reaction score
We seem to back to being stinky on the road. 26-16 packers

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
,,,,,,,,,,,,, Seahawks 31, Packers 20. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
RW and ADB/JG have solid games, Lockett has a big day catching/returning and Frank Clark has a big breakout game. Also one of the under appreciated backup DB's impresses big time. Weather won't be a big factor.

I dreamed this last night, so it must be true.............