Field Temp for Chargers game.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Mick063":2qx6po3o said:
dutchman063":2qx6po3o said:
yeah we know... this team is a bunch of poosies when it gets hot... next time dont suit up... problem solved...next

*The human body can adapt to heat exposure to some extent. This physiological adaptation is called acclimatization. After a period of acclimatization, the same activity will produce fewer cardiovascular demands. The worker will sweat more efficiently (causing better evaporative cooling), and thus will more easily be able to maintain normal body temperatures.

I have worked my entire life in triple digit summers (Tri-Cities). Much of it at extreme metabolic loads. I am very experienced in dealing with heat stress through occupational exposure. It is how/why I have been educated in the subject. I know from first hand experience that acclimatization is very real.

So forfeit any games when it gets too hot, if these poosies use that as an excuse they are very pathetic

A

Anonymous

BleedGreenNblue":2l97zot9 said:
dutchman063":2l97zot9 said:
yeah we know... this team is a bunch of poosies when it gets hot... next time dont suit up... problem solved...next

Seriously.. Who spells it "poosie" LMAO

Somebody keenly aware they are not in a shacked forum.

:mrgreen:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If we are just arguing technical correctness about temperature, I see some of Rolands earlier points. HOWEVER, since 'field temp' is measured in the same manner throughout the league, you have to approach it in a relative manner when you speak of the affect upon the players. We are analogue creatures, so the most current reference was the practice facility and C-link. Our players walking off the field with cramps was exhibit A. It takes much longer than one day to acclimate. That makes sense to the fans that traveled to Qualcom. The discussion went to hell in a hand basket when a few web jockeys with pocket protectors and lab coats entered the discussion. Are we graduating from spelling police to something else? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mick063

Reaction score
dutchman063":26vpqxbt said:
Mick063":26vpqxbt said:
dutchman063":26vpqxbt said:

*The human body can adapt to heat exposure to some extent. This physiological adaptation is called acclimatization. After a period of acclimatization, the same activity will produce fewer cardiovascular demands. The worker will sweat more efficiently (causing better evaporative cooling), and thus will more easily be able to maintain normal body temperatures.

I have worked my entire life in triple digit summers (Tri-Cities). Much of it at extreme metabolic loads. I am very experienced in dealing with heat stress through occupational exposure. It is how/why I have been educated in the subject. I know from first hand experience that acclimatization is very real.

So forfeit any games when it gets too hot, if these poosies use that as an excuse they are very pathetic

No one said anything about forfeit.

Plenty said things such as "losing the mojo", or "forgot how to tackle", or "defense not as good as least year", or "I miss Clem and Red". No....this isn't, nor ever was about the dumb notion of forfeit. This is about people identifying everything but the root causes.

Those being:

1) San Diego is a premier ball control team dating back to last year.
2) Ball control, putting the unacclimatized defense on the field for an extended duration in a high heat environment.

Not about losing mojo, or Clem, or forgetting how to tackle, and ESPECIALLY not about the ridiculous, unworthy for comment, banter of forfeiting the game.

warden

Reaction score
We could not overcome the Chargers home field advantage. The Seahawks are not the only team in the league with a home field advantage. Sure it wasn't screaming fans, but weather does offer an fairly large advantage for the home team. Whether it is the frozen tundra or the extreme heat, the home team is much more acclimated to these weather conditions. Throw in making us stand on the hot side of the field plus making as wear the dark colors, it was just something we did not handle as well as the Chargers. Make no mistake about it, it is extremely difficult to win on the road. Last year we had a franchise best 6 wins on the road, the previous year when we had a 11 win season, we were only 3 and 5 on the road.

Melencause

Reaction score
ringless":21oz5zan said:
The recorded high for the day was 94 or so.... So now we are saying the field temperature was 46 degrees above lol? For a minute I though I was on denialzone

Is pavement hotter than ambient temperature? What surface is turf placed on? :141847_bnono:

chris98251

Reaction score
Melencause":34f4r3t1 said:
ringless":34f4r3t1 said:
The recorded high for the day was 94 or so.... So now we are saying the field temperature was 46 degrees above lol? For a minute I though I was on denialzone

Is pavement hotter than ambient temperature? What surface is turf placed on? :141847_bnono:

Sod over compact sand and gravel, so Pavement with a couple inches for cushion :)

Vetamur

Reaction score
Listening to ADB right now on kiro 710am... He just mentioned how yesterday some of the team really wasn't completely recovered from the heat exhaustion (his words) they suffered in San Diego. People can debate how much of a factor the weather was but I think I will take the players' words for it. And by the way, he wasn't asked about it. He brought it up when discussing the early bye.