Final Madden Cover Vote - Sherman vs. Newton

halfrack

Reaction score
Seriously, voting against our own guy? Ridiculous! That's like hoping we lose a game for a more favorable draft pick. I know (hope) many are truly trying to save RS an injury which is by it's self admirable, but c'mon really? Wow!

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Hawknballs":570hd7zw said:
i was messing around with cover ideas. Unfortunately the tip pic isn't gonna makea great cover only because traditionally they go with an image that feature's the player's face.

I did find this pick and mocked something up, looks like sherm winding up to do his "you crazy" gesture which is totally appropriate.

Prh0Toe

dude, u should honestly submit this to EA. looks sick

not even joking

Cartire

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3qk3o7mo said:
Yeah, for what it's worth I would obviously think it was fine if people were making tongue-in-cheek jokes about the curse if they didn't really believe in it - and I'm sure it's true that some are doing that - but there's no chance that all of the people arguing for it in the prior thread were just kidding around. There's definitely real belief for it out of some of these people, which is insane.

Dude, I can assure you, that MOST people, even some of the "insane" posters, dont truly believe it. Most people are more impressed with the correlation factor and hope that sherman is not a statistic if he wins. For some, that means following a superstition ritual and not voting for him. Hoping he remains off the cover. They know its not a thing, but they do it anyway out of respect.

Which none of it matters anyway, because for every 12 who chooses not to vote sherman in for fear of the curse. The same amount x 31 are choosing to vote him for some insane reason that the superstition works.

Win Win for most of us.

McG

Reaction score
There is no madden curse. There is the curse of playing a game that requires you to put your body on the line. I don't know if people are aware of this but football is a contact sport. Either way, if he wins great.

I love playing video games and although I have been playing madden for years, it constantly disappoints me. This year was a step in the right direction and I have been playing quite a bit since getting my Xbox One. My Owner mode team with Paul Allen is crazy. I'm in year two and I have like 8 players 99 overall and we haven't lost a game. Oh and I drafted Leon Sandcastle (picked him up in the late 2nd) into the LOB. He is an 89 overall Deion Sanders clone that had a pick 6 in his first game.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
McG":2ctb6shq said:
There is no madden curse. There is the curse of playing a game that requires you to put your body on the line. I don't know if people are aware of this but football is a contact sport. Either way, if he wins great.

I love playing video games and although I have been playing madden for years, it constantly disappoints me. This year was a step in the right direction and I have been playing quite a bit since getting my Xbox One. My Owner mode team with Paul Allen is crazy. I'm in year two and I have like 8 players 99 overall and we haven't lost a game. Oh and I drafted Leon Sandcastle (picked him up in the late 2nd) into the LOB. He is an 89 overall Deion Sanders clone that had a pick 6 in his first game.

I'm onna those guys that buys madden every year. Last year's version was really good on the 360 but when the One came out I traded my copy in for the one version and for whatever reason it was a lot different, and to be honest crappier. The run controls were bad amongst other nonsensical changes. Sorta turned me off, so hopefully this year's version will be better.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The last good Madden was 10, IMO. The new engine's tackle animations are janky. I've had Lynch be near horizontal to the ground, laying on another player, but pop back up to run again after churning his legs enough to get upright without touching the ground.

The mid-passing game is also terrible. Watch a LB vacate a spot, throw the ball in that spot, watch the LB leap back into the route with super-human speed.

And of course, the read-option is totally broken. It's an easy ten yards plus on each call if you just read the play right. I got Madden 25, read-optioned my way to fifty a game on All-Madden even though I could barely throw a slant without a LB somehow teleporting across the screen, and sold it back while it still had value so I could get the new inFamous game for almost nothing.

FIFA sucks too. EA is terrible. Basically, all I have to play for PS4 sports-wise is MLB: The Show since I don't play NBA games.

/rant over