Finally Re-Watched It (or, Veta Beats the Horse)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Good stuff, Veta & Coug. Onward and upward. More great things are about to happen.

Getting psyched for the draft. Totally pumped thinking of JS and PC organizing their board as we speak.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
austinslater25":2iy46ec6 said:
The Kearse drop is the hardest thing for me even more so than the final play. Game is over if he catches that and I'm not sure if it was because his NFCCG was still fresh for me(horrible until the final play) or just my dissapointment all year in Kearse but I still have a hard time with that play. I wasn't a huge fan of the play call but they obviously saw something and they were right. Kearse should of caught the ball and if he does game is essentially over. For me and I'm sure most will disagree but the game hinged on that play and we saw the outcome.

Well, it wasn't a drop, furthest thing from it, according to these pics:
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1600& ... xMzT1DhbRM

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":962yuete said:
austinslater25":962yuete said:
The Kearse drop is the hardest thing for me even more so than the final play. Game is over if he catches that and I'm not sure if it was because his NFCCG was still fresh for me(horrible until the final play) or just my dissapointment all year in Kearse but I still have a hard time with that play. I wasn't a huge fan of the play call but they obviously saw something and they were right. Kearse should of caught the ball and if he does game is essentially over. For me and I'm sure most will disagree but the game hinged on that play and we saw the outcome.

Good play by Butler, but Kearse did have both hands on the ball. That would have been a huge reception.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":kvrvsbmf said:
50yrpatsfan":kvrvsbmf said:
austinslater25":kvrvsbmf said:

Good play by Butler, but Kearse did have both hands on the ball. That would have been a huge reception.

I think a very underplayed angle on this game was the overall play of Butler over the last 20 minutes, not just the goal line play. He made a tremendous play on the deep ball to Kearse, one of the game's most pivotal plays. He broke up Lockette on a crossing pattern (when both players hit the ground). Both of those resulted in ended Seattle drives.

He knocked down a slant to Kearse, and made another great play on Kearse's miracle catch. Defensively he dominated the game late. I have no idea how Carroll could make the statement that "the kid made a play he had no business making", referring to the goal line play, when in fact he was making great plays all over the field, every time they targeted him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more on how Butler made a huge impact late in the game. He really did come out of nowhere to dominate. It will be interesting to see if he can sustain that level of play going forward.
I don't know if I heard Pete say that the guy had no business of making that play (but I'm not saying he didn't say it, as you state). I have heard Pete give gushing compliments on Butler's behalf though.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1mysd39h said:
I couldn't agree with you more on how Butler made a huge impact late in the game. He really did come out of nowhere to dominate. It will be interesting to see if he can sustain that level of play going forward.
I don't know if I heard Pete say that the guy had no business of making that play (but I'm not saying he didn't say it, as you state). I have heard Pete give gushing compliments on Butler's behalf though.

He wasn't putting Butler down at all, but was defending the play call by saying that nobody would have expected an unknown rookie to make that type of play.

I don't know about Butler (going forward). He was almost like your receiver Matthews, with literally no prior stats at all. How he played at that level that night is a mystery.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Gotta give it to Butler, he said he practice that play over and over and had never beat it. Some players just rise to the occasional with the spotlight on them. Gotta give props to Butler he made the plays needed. He the real MVP of that game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Kudos to Butler for that play as is said by most here. But I did see one more thing on the play the other day when I finally got the gall to watch it again. They had personnel in that could easily could have had a better play call. Marshawn split out left on the play. We have seen RW toss it there many a time. As I think I posted somewhere here also, The play called was used in the NFCCG and it worked to the fingertips of Lockette. Ugly play, but it worked. Twas on the Lockette string that I posted it. Have a great day...Go Hawks....waiting on the DRAFT.