Fire Pete Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The fire Pete sentiment was one I warned about last season despite some in here calling foul.

The truth is in the proverbial pudding.

This is Pete's get it done or get out season IMO.

He's been coaching on past legacy for too long.

I'm rooting for the guy and will always love him for helping to bring us a Super Bowl - but that only makes me want another SB run that much more.

Get it done Pete.

adeltaY

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3q5d7hr0 said:
The fire Pete sentiment was one I warned about last season despite some in here calling foul.

The truth is in the proverbial pudding.

This is Pete's get it done or get out season IMO.

He's been coaching on past legacy for too long.

I'm rooting for the guy and will always love him for helping to bring us a Super Bowl - but that only makes me want another SB run that much more.

Get it done Pete.

Based on what? The only person I've heard of saying that in the media is Dave Dameshek, but I'm not sure he wasn't making a bold prediction or just had a hunch. Are there any rumblings that this is Pete's last season? A couple people on this board saying this is his last season doesn't mean jack in terms of substantiating that claim.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
BeastModeGang":3bv33x7q said:
Yea let's fire one of the best coaches in the nfl after one game.

1 game? What do you call that epic failure of screw up in SB against the Pats. This team has been on decline since that game. Haven't made it past Divisional Playoff round. There's still aton of dissension in that locker room it's being kept real quiet.

Watching Lynch debut for Raiders today and he's totally rejuvenated. Pete Carroll screwed Marshawn Lynch over. But 12's instead shit all over Lynch and kiss Carroll's ass. Seattle media is just as pathetic.

How can anyone take Pete Carroll seriously or anything he says anymore. His ra ra BS act is so old and expired. Paul Allen must be a total moron.

[youtube]U7rPIg7ZNQ8[/youtube]

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":22clr0ur said:
Stupid. Ungrateful. Disloyal.

Carroll is the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise. Yes, he should have gotten rid of some of his coaches, but HE is not the problem and posts like this are contemptible.
There is a saying in the NFL. It is the "not for long league". Pete has done some wonderful things for us, and he has brought us to the promised land, a place we could once only dream of. Despite what he has done for us in the past, we must question where he can bring us in the future. After all... there was once a saying on this board that went a little like this "in rusk we trust". His drafting brought us to a Superbowl, then we crashed and burned like the Hindenburg.

In the NFL one must adapt or die. In Carroll's case I'm seeing a clear case of nepotism that is undermining his teams, and it manifesting itself like a festering infection among the players. I fear that one day it will bubble up and cause this team to implode, and collapse. Our offense is too talented to be playing as poor as they have been. Bevell and Cable have been a clear weak point on this team, a chip in the armor so to speak. Most coordinators would have been held accountable or fired after the SuperBowl in 2015, and it is quite clear that our team is still affected by that fateful play call. The sense of unity, and family that this team had in our SuperBowl runs is gone now. I get the sense this is a team that is teetering on the edge at the moment.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If anyone seriously wants to replace Carroll with Harbaugh because Carroll is too loyal to his coordinators and assistants, they really don't know much about Jim Harbaugh. :lol: :lol:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
One road loss against perhaps the best team on our schedule and a Fire Pete thread. Many of these turncoats will be joyfully, happily bursting with pride in 2 months as the Hawks barrell toward another playoff appearance, having long forgotten their earlier outbursts of "fire Pete" on a message board. I guess it's just the fickle nature of some.

The reality is that Pete is one of the best coaches on the planet and he's assembled a staff that is time-tested motivated and innovative. Our legacy is not over, it's in its heyday. Time will verify that.

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3fy3z72h said:
If anyone seriously wants to replace Carroll with Harbaugh because Carroll is too loyal to his coordinators and assistants, they really don't know much about Jim Harbaugh. :lol: :lol:

LOL, true.

He'd still be coaching the 49ers probably if he swapped Roman for Kubiak in 2014 or hell, even Kyle Shanahan was available that offseason. :shock:

Also, with Harbaugh you'll need a DC. Perhaps Richard or some other 4-3 Under Pete disciple like Saleh could work.

With Harbaugh you've got a "manager" in the truest sense, especially now.

I think he could kick a*** in the NFL with a good OC/DC combo. He's proven he could do that but if you need Xs and Os from the top, you're dead.

NINEster

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":14qnmzv0 said:
Thunderhawk":14qnmzv0 said:
Stupid. Ungrateful. Disloyal.

Carroll is the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise. Yes, he should have gotten rid of some of his coaches, but HE is not the problem and posts like this are contemptible.
There is a saying in the NFL. It is the "not for long league". Pete has done some wonderful things for us, and he has brought us to the promised land, a place we could once only dream of. Despite what he has done for us in the past, we must question where he can bring us in the future. After all... there was once a saying on this board that went a little like this "in rusk we trust". His drafting brought us to a Superbowl, then we crashed and burned like the Hindenburg.

In the NFL one must adapt or die. In Carroll's case I'm seeing a clear case of nepotism that is undermining his teams, and it manifesting itself like a festering infection among the players. I fear that one day it will bubble up and cause this team to implode, and collapse. Our offense is too talented to be playing as poor as they have been. Bevell and Cable have been a clear weak point on this team, a chip in the armor so to speak. Most coordinators would have been held accountable or fired after the SuperBowl in 2015, and it is quite clear that our team is still affected by that fateful play call. The sense of unity, and family that this team had in our SuperBowl runs is gone now. I get the sense this is a team that is teetering on the edge at the moment.

The one issue with Carroll is he has delivered a Lombardi and two SB appearances, so the expectation is sky high.

The talent is there that bringing in a new good coach will ensure the team wins and gets to the playoffs most likely. But is it proven to win a world championship?

What Niner fans complained most about Harbaugh at a certain point was his inability to bring home a Lombardi with 3 consecutive shots. Was it his fault, Roman's, Kaepernick's?

There's still a big question about winning a Super Bowl with him. It's become painful to think that the 49er talent level was probably better than many 49er homers thought it was back in 2011-2013....

Jville

Reaction score
NINEster":1f669i3k said:
Popeyejones":1f669i3k said:

LOL, true.

He'd still be coaching the 49ers probably if he swapped Roman for Kubiak in 2014 or hell, even Kyle Shanahan was available that offseason. :shock:

Also, with Harbaugh you'll need a DC. Perhaps Richard or some other 4-3 Under Pete disciple like Saleh could work.

With Harbaugh you've got a "manager" in the truest sense, especially now.

I think he could kick a*** in the NFL with a good OC/DC combo. He's proven he could do that but if you need Xs and Os from the top, you're dead.

This fire Pete Carroll is hysterical. It must be far more amusing for 49er fans and others outside of such an emotional bubble. :lol:

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30gs8hh4 said:

The Niners had garbage talent on offense yet his OC Greg Roman made them respectable. The Anti-Bevell.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":24oum25i said:
Popeyejones":24oum25i said:

The Niners had garbage talent on offense yet his OC Greg Roman made them respectable. The Anti-Bevell.
And yet Bevell has a 6-4 record against him in head-to-head meetings.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jville":1piuyuty said:
This fire Pete Carroll is hysterical. It must be far more amusing for 49er fans and others outside of such an emotional bubble. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

TBH it's actually kind of depressing, as it's a good reminder of everything that annoys the bejeezus out of me about my fellow 9ers fans. ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3qm2obzq said:
Popeyejones":3qm2obzq said:

Huh?

9ers fans HATED Greg Roman while national observers thought of him as an above average OC: he's EXACTLY the same as Bevell. I really can't overstate how much 9ers fans hated Greg Roman.

As for garbage talent on offense, not really sure what you're talking about. Those 9ers teams had a top offensive line in the NFL (as opposed to the worst), more accomplished talent at RB, equivalent WRs, and Kap was still able to dominate because the NFL couldn't defend the R/O yet.

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Popeyejones":4jx0cxxm said:
ludakrishna":4jx0cxxm said:
Popeyejones":4jx0cxxm said:

Huh?

9ers fans HATED Greg Roman while national observers thought of him as an above average OC: he's EXACTLY the same as Bevell. I really can't overstate how much 9ers fans hated Greg Roman.

As for garbage talent on offense, not really sure what you're talking about. Those 9ers teams had a top offensive line in the NFL (as opposed to the worst), more accomplished talent at RB, equivalent WRs, and Kap was still able to dominate because the NFL couldn't defend the R/O yet.

So Gore > Beastmode?
Over the hill Randy Moss + Crabtree + always injured Manningham = Always Injured Sidney, Tate, Baldwin?

You comment on OL has me sold. A coach who values the OL gets my nod for the job.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
This is a stupid statement, fire the best coach this franchise has ever had...players love him and preform for him. Now having said that I can't stand another second of Bevell and cable both are absolutely terrible at their respective jobs

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Oh, my bad. Sorry.

I thought you were comparing that long gone 9ers offense to the Seahawks' offense today.

Lynch > Gore > Inconsistent injured Rawls/Feast Mode/7th round rookie Carson (just hasn't done enough yet.

Baldwin + guys w/ upside = Crabtree + guys who have done it before but aren't world breakers.

Kap with the R/O as a major tool ain't that off from Wilson last year or in one game this year either (although Wilson is obviously a better QB overall).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seriously mods, these are the kinds of threads that need to be locked or deleted.

Can you imagine another team's fans coming here and seeing this garbage? Makes us look like idiots.

Remember that one coach that came here, won a SB and has us perennially winning 10+ games and going deep into the playoffs every single year and gets the best out of every player he coaches? Yep, we fired him in hopes of getting Jim Harbaugh next year! Yeah!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26v5vq4q said:
Can you imagine another team's fans coming here and seeing this garbage? Makes us look like idiots.

TBH, when I'm on the Zone I find all the officiating blame after losses a lot more embarrassing as a fan than the overreactions that are calling to blow everything up, as at least the "blow it all up" emotional people are correctly targeting the team for playing poorly.

I mean, there's a thread on the Zone right now calling for the benching of Hoyer and for starting Beathard (who was ATROCIOUS in the pre-season, just like in college :lol: ), but at least that acknowledges that Hoyer didn't play that well (behind what was admittedly absolutely horrid interior line play).

Not saying Hawks fans shouldn't complain about officiating (the lane call was ridiculous and the Hawks should have had a first down on the Graham hold), but the officiating stuff is more embarrassing to me as a fan because (1) every single fan base insists they're the only ones who lose officiating roulette all the time and (2) it excuses all the problems with the team you root for because it places all the blame on a neutral third party which is everyone's favorite punching bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts