Fire Servais

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
If the Ms win 88 games. This will be the 4th straight year the team has won more wins then expected.

Servais knows what to do.

Chapow

Reaction score
Good thing they didn't listen to the fans that wanted Servais fired halfway through the season after to back to back 90 win seasons. That would have been monumentally stupid.

NoGain

Reaction score
I think I said this already, but Servais deserves a lot of credit for being a patient manager and not panicking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey, being wrong about Servais is a good thing. I have zero problems admitting I was ready to move on when they were sitting at .500, several times.
Big deal, doesn't make me or anyone else less of a fan. That's part of sports, if the manager isn't getting it done, you want a change.
He clearly IS getting it done.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hey, being wrong about Servais is a good thing. I have zero problems admitting I was ready to move on when they were sitting at .500, several times.
Big deal, doesn't make me or anyone else less of a fan. That's part of sports, if the manager isn't getting it done, you want a change.
He clearly IS getting it done.
But a change when the same manager has led the team to back to back 90 seasons and a playoff berth plus a playoff series win? I mean servais should get a longer leash from ppl.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Next season for sure…
I don't know how many players are staying and/or leaving for next year. Jerry will makes some moves (adustments).

I'm not cynical, but I'm used to hearing things like this --> "next year."

Others on FB are saying this also.

I started following the M's in their first year.....

I think "next year" is ingrained in many who follow the M's.

I don't like the mentality of "next year" anymore.

NoGain

Reaction score
The strikeout totals/rate for Mariners' hitters was pretty abysmal. They've got to be more discerning at the plate next year. I don't know how much that falls at SS's feet. It's got to be fixed.

The problem first and foremost is a lack of bringing in a few more quality bats in the FA market last off season. If they fail to do this again, then ownership is not serious about winning at the highest level.

It was good to hear Cal bring this lack of FA bats being brought in. It needed to be said from someone besides a reporter or blogger. Good on him.

Fans should be pissed off with ownership and the front office. I read an angry fan's letter in the Times this morning: "When you roll out a lineup of Suarez, France, Haggerty, and Moore, and think you are a playoff team, you are delusional."

Xxx

Reaction score
and his 2 lame duck "director of hitting strategy" coaches. It's time for a change and I don't want to hear excuses. This goes way beyond what happened tonight. If it wasn't for some elite starting pitching that Scott probably didn't even have a role in developing, this would be a 90 loss team year in year out.
I don’t really think servise is Terrible, but he sure isn’t the thing that pushes us over the top. Honestly my issue is Dipoto.
His trade of Kendal graveman was absolutely horrible, his piece that was coming… Diego Castillo?!!! Abraham toro! Both gone, graveman and Montero still pitching. And then this year he does it again with Sewald… I kinda like canzone and Rojas but they aren’t helping like Sewald did. He was nails. I’m so sick of Dipoto just saying well let’s give it a shot… maybe they will be good. Let’s trade our major leaguer for a bunch of their minor leaguers and then we’ll be great. I so done with Dipoto. I can tolerate more servise but Dipoto sucks and needs to go

Xxx

Reaction score
True. Servais could be better but let's not forget it wasn't him who signed AJ Pollock, Trevor Gott, Tommy LaStella and traded for Kolten Wong this offseason. The problem stems from somebody higher in the chain than Servais.
Yeah… whealin and dealin dipoto… tell me what we have seen is no different than the complaints about him from when he was with the angels

Last edited:

Latest posts