First hawk to be revealed this week in nfl net top 100 playe

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If this list is just in relation to last season's performance there is no way Harvin should be on it. Next season though I'm hoping he is top 10.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MadSweeney":u8dd26po said:
...but I know here it's all supposed to be rah rah Haeks are better than anyone else ever was and the top 32 players should be Hawks and Niners totally suck and shouldn't be on the list and Carroll/JS do things different than anyone ever was and this team is different than any other team and everyone does things better than anyone rinse ever did and no other team has talent and anyone saying anything otherwise is disrespect and ignorant and not a real fan.

Get a grip, there are teams with elite players, even division rivals.

So quick question. It's clear that you don't care for the overall tone of this board (which admittedly does lean toward the homer/"we was disrespected!" angle far too often). Half your posts seem passive-aggressive and the other half just seem aggressive. Why are you even here? :|

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
pmedic920":2tr67cr4 said:
So IMHO there are 4 obvious guys. #3,#24,#25,#29
I'll guess at the 5th and say it's either #31 or # 72

Hmm I think 5 if probably about right. I would argue for either Bennett or Kam whichever doesn't make it. I could also argue for Wagner since we won the superbowl last year and the previous list had after thoughts Pitta and Jacoby Jones make the list????? but the realist in me says 5 is probably about right....

Now ET and Sherm both better be in the top 10.

Beast mode around 20

RW around 30???

Basis4day

Reaction score
brimsalabim":13s3a466 said:
If this list is just in relation to last season's performance there is no way Harvin should be on it. Next season though I'm hoping he is top 10.

Well, it's the same list that voted Peyton Manning a top player in 2011...

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I honestly don't get how "the Super Bowl Champs should probably have more than five players on the list" is somehow arrogant.

You can make arguments for Avril, Bennett, Sherman, Thomas, Lynch, Wilson, and Chancellor that I think would be REALLY fair. I'm pretty sure all those guys made PFF's top-101, so it's not crazy to think that Seattle should have those seven players at least.

Can someone explain how this is some crazy homerish view? It's the view I have, and you could probably convince me that either Wright or Wagner should make eight, though I wouldn't get mad if both were left off.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":27gxr2um said:
I honestly don't get how "the Super Bowl Champs should probably have more than five players on the list" is somehow arrogant.

You can make arguments for Avril, Bennett, Sherman, Thomas, Lynch, Wilson, and Chancellor that I think would be REALLY fair. I'm pretty sure all those guys made PFF's top-101, so it's not crazy to think that Seattle should have those seven players at least.

Can someone explain how this is some crazy homerish view? It's the view I have, and you could probably convince me that either Wright or Wagner should make eight, though I wouldn't get mad if both were left off.

Mebane absolutely belongs on the list, too, though I doubt he'll get the credit he deserves as a top 3 3-tech. Harvin also belongs on the list, if healthy, and you could make the same argument for Okung since we're talking about 2014.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pmedic920":336rkfk9 said:
I just heard them say that 5 Seahawks made the list.
5?
Guess the homer I am thinks there should be more.
Just 5? I know the list is meaningless but come on now.

I don't think it's crazy to say Earl, Sherman, Avril, Bennett, Lynch, Kam, and 2-3 others are good enough to be on the list like Wilson and Wagner and Mebane.

Basis4day

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":la0y2tjf said:
pmedic920":la0y2tjf said:
5?

I don't think it's crazy to say Earl, Sherman, Avril, Bennett, Lynch, Kam, and 2-3 others are good enough to be on the list like Wilson and Wagner and Mebane.

I don't think it's crazy to say those players should be on a top 100 list. But if you look how the voting works you can tell it's a flawed survey and probably not realistic for them to make it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-process/

Note, this was accurate for last year's list.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
It's not a Homer opinion to state that any list upon which the 49ers have twice as many elite players as we do is a little silly. I'd wager that most realistic 49ers fans would agree.

Good thing these lists are completely meaningless offseason chatter fodder.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Tokadub":22lnkh2p said:
I find the thought of Bennett being a top 100 player laughable. Still would have rather kept Tate than Bennett.

If it was an even distribution the top 100 players averages out to about 3 players per team (3.125).

I just think it's a hilarious if Bennett makes this list which would place him as a top 3 player on most teams if it was averaged out. Obviously the Seahawks have a ton more guys in the top 100 than 3... but if Bennett was a top 3 player on ANY team I would find that quite comical.

Bennett was tied for 29th in sacks in the NFL...

11 guys on the Seahawks had more tackles than him last season... including Walter Thurmand...

I just don't see how he could ever be a top 100 NFL player just because he hustles... Bennett benefits from sitting smack in the middle of the best defense in the NFL which creates all kinds of opportunities for him to put up those mediocre numbers.

I like Bennett and he fits our system well, but I think he's massively hyped and to a degree over rated. I don't see anything particularly special with him except that he hustles which should be a requirement to begin with.

PFF had him 16th on their list of the top 101.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -20-to-11/

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
If the rumor is true, our five will be Wilson, Lynch, Chancellor, Sherman, and Thomas. Yes, some men are being shafted. Viva la material del tablero para noticias.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Basis4day":2c018f3p said:
MizzouHawkGal":2c018f3p said:
pmedic920":2c018f3p said:
5?

I don't think it's crazy to say those players should be on a top 100 list. But if you look how the voting works you can tell it's a flawed survey and probably not realistic for them to make it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-process/

Note, this was accurate for last year's list.
I know that's why I am not upset at all. It's just a meaningless list if fun but meaningless.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Give tokadub a break...

Bennett doesn't have a high rating in Madden, therefore he must be terrible.

I mean, he's not getting as many sacks and tackles as full-time defensive linemen...which is after all, the MOST important part about playing defense.

LOL.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Locks:
RW, Sherman, Thomas, Kam, Lynch

Should be in:
Unger, Avril

Bubble:
Wagner, Mebane, Bennett

- Last year we had 6 on the list. I think this year we get 7 at best 8. But they're much higher than they were last year (overall).

We gotta remember, that top100 would mean the average team should get 3 guys in the list. So getting 6-8 in the list is double or more than double that number. Nothing wrong with that, even with a SB winning team.

And if heaven forbid other teams have more players on that list. Well just shows you it takes a team to win the SB versus a team of 9-10 great guys.

brettb3

Reaction score
MadSweeney":3kfcbkbi said:
Hawknballs":3kfcbkbi said:
what's funny is they said the 49ers have the most players on the list

then they said denver had 9.

so the 49ers have 10 players on the list? really? out of 32 teams, 10% of the best players are on the 49ers?

*cough*bs*cough*

if that were the case they'd have a trophy that didn't pre-date AOL.
Having the best talent doesn't gaurantee trophies. Niners have been loaded with talent for years, that's how Harbaugh had success so quickly. They have the best OL as a whole (which means 2-3 top guys), three LBs including Bowman, the Smiths just off the top of my head. Throw in Krap for the obligatory star fluffery and that's 8 just off the top of my head. It's pretty absurd that they didn't win it all with the talent they've had but that's what happens in one and done playoffs when your coach is a crotch sniffer. Teams that are whole packages win championships. Teams loaded with talent send a lot of players to Hawaii. I don't see more than 7 or 8 Hawks on the list (Kam, ET, Sherm, Wagner or Wright, Russ, Beast, Percy, Avril or Bennett) , yet they're champions. Team honors best individual honors every single time but I know here it's all supposed to be rah rah Haeks are better than anyone else ever was and the top 32 players should be Hawks and Niners totally suck and shouldn't be on the list and Carroll/JS do things different than anyone ever was and this team is different than any other team and everyone does things better than anyone rinse ever did and no other team has talent and anyone saying anything otherwise is disrespect and ignorant and not a real fan.

Dude, don't exaggerate. Your "message board police" schtick is getting old. It's not arrogance to say that no team, including the 49ers, has twice the number of top 100 players as the Super Bowl champs. It's silly to take this list seriously anyway, as everyone knows the voting process is remarkably flawed.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
volsunghawk":35ovx881 said:
MadSweeney":35ovx881 said:
...but I know here it's all supposed to be rah rah Haeks are better than anyone else ever was and the top 32 players should be Hawks and Niners totally suck and shouldn't be on the list and Carroll/JS do things different than anyone ever was and this team is different than any other team and everyone does things better than anyone rinse ever did and no other team has talent and anyone saying anything otherwise is disrespect and ignorant and not a real fan.

So quick question. It's clear that you don't care for the overall tone of this board (which admittedly does lean toward the homer/"we was disrespected!" angle far too often). Half your posts seem passive-aggressive and the other half just seem aggressive. Why are you even here? :|
I had t realized I was ever being passive aggressive.

DesiHawk

Reaction score
#65 Its Bam Bam.. just watched him blow up Vernon.. never gets old... :thirishdrinkers: