First hawk to be revealed this week in nfl net top 100 playe

Beast Mode

Reaction score
Ha, Roddy White talking about Sherman during Chancellor's part of the Top 100 show. Sherman is still in his head. I wonder what these guys have to say about Sherman.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Well it was Kam at 65, and since there are 13 QBs and 4 have been shown we now know Rw is at least top 9 QB, Should see between 6-7 more Seahawks I would think.

MB12

Reaction score
Loving what Kam just tweeted:

"More fuel.. Keep feeding me. I haven't hit my hardest yet. #HeavyHitters I rate myself, I respect myself. I control my own destiny."

DesiHawk

Reaction score
MB12":3uzvwtn2 said:

"More fuel.. Keep feeding me. I haven't hit my hardest yet. #HeavyHitters I rate myself, I respect myself. I control my own destiny."
:th2thumbs:

MB12

Reaction score
"My thing is. I don't care how low you rate me, or how you rate me. Atleast spell my name right. No respect at all, but watch me BamBam!!!!"

Oh boy :):):)

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":c1j7h4hl said:
You find the idea that Bennett is a Top 100 player laughable but you wanted to give Golden Tate at least $7M a year?

That's all I needed to read to determine this is lunacy.

Actually I thought we should give Tate 5 million/year (and posted it on this forum probably several times not sure where the 7 million thing is coming from I never said that)...

In my opinion 5 million/year would of been a great value deal to keep Tate. If we had offered him that up front I doubt he would of even tested the market or signed with Lions... Tate really wanted to stay here but we offered him a total joke deal probably around 3 million or less.

I also posted on this forum several times that we should not give Bennett more than 6 million/year when most of you guys were saying like 9-10 million or EVEN MORE if I remember correctly?! We ended up giving him 7.125 million a year on average (28.5 million over 4 years). Which I think is a slight over-payment but I can deal with it... most importantly we are paying him 6 million next year which is when we pay Wilson. Paying Wilson was the reason why I thought 6 million was the max we could go and I was spot on with that figure...

Tokadub

Reaction score
kobebryant":24utywvk said:
PFF had him 16th on their list of the top 101.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -20-to-11/

They also have him ranked above Earl Thomas who is 20th so their list is obviously flawed.

They have Cliff Avril ranked #94 which is kinda silly since he is in the ballpark range of Bennett if not better.

Perfect example of this, watch the NFC Championship game when both Avril and Bennett come off the left edge together towards Kaepernick. Bennett has the inside route and has much less distance to cover, Avril and Bennett get past their guys at about the exact same time but Avril has much more distance to cover to reach Kaepernick. Somehow Avril rushes past Bennett in like 2 steps (Bennett looks like he's running in slow motion) and he Karate chops the ball out of Kaepernick's hand for Bennett's fumble recovery. There were also 2 other Seahawks right there so they would of recovered the fumble even if Bennett wasn't there.

I think that play is a perfect example of how Bennett benefits from the rest of our defense. Every single time he makes a play or creates pressure it seems to be caused by the QB ALREADY having to run away from some other guy who created the initial pressure. Bennett is like the garbage man he picks up the trash created by the rest of our awesome guys. Even though he has so much help to give him easy plays he still has incredibly mediocre stats in terms of sacks, tackles, and forced fumbles.

He also only has 2 decent years in his career thus far, he went undrafted and was then picked up by Seahawks and immediately released before the Buccaneers got him for a few horrible seasons and one good one.

I just think Bennett is over rated when you watch him he's just not that special. All he does is hustle... if he really is a top 100 player than the NFL must have a bunch of lazy bums that don't even try hard because that's really Bennett's only positive trait (but could be one only motivated by money we'll see next season).

Tokadub

Reaction score
Written February 10th, 2014: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90185

Tokadub":puw3lz0g said:
I think we NEED to keep:

Golden Tate - He's very, very good and has the kind of talent and athleticism that is extremely rare. The last thing we want to do is let him go and then have some other more pass oriented team like the Colts, or Patriots for example pick him up where we watch him put up insane numbers. You just don't get rid of a guy like Tate in my opinion unless he prices himself out and we are forced to.

Michael Bennett - Obviously we keep Bennett but I don't think we should throw as much money at him as I am guessing most of you are thinking. I'd be willing to pay him $6 million tops if not he walks, we just can't afford huge contracts we need to be ready to pay Wilson and Sherman.

Steven Hauschka - Not going to find a more reliable kicker, keep him if the cost isn't too much.

Written February 19th, 2014: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90481&start=100

If we do keep Bennett I think it's a one or 2 year deal averaging 6 million per year, probably front loaded this year so we can pay Russell next year. But if we do that we are gonna have to cut more guys than I'd like.

I'm not a straight up Bennett hater like one might expect if you read all my posts. Honestly I think he's a great player, maybe worth 7-8 mill per year for the right team.

I called the front loaded contract and noted the 6 million per year so we could pay Russell next year which is EXACTLY what happened. Also said 7-8 million for the right team and we ended up doing 7.125 million.

Written February 28th, 2014: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90892&start=50

Zach Miller and Unger are both making about 5 million when they seem like 3.0-4.5 million guys to me.

The good news with cutting Bryant though when combined with the news that the cap might be raised to 133 million is that I think it is now realistic that we could keep both Tate and Bennett which would be HUGE!!!

If we can get Tate for 4-5 million a year and Bennett for 6 million a year tops I think we'd be in REALLY good shape going forward. I could still see us releasing Bennett though since another team might overpay him a bit, I also think Tate is worth more than 5 million but hopefully his hometown discount is legit and maybe the rest of the league is still clueless to how good he is clinging to that "pedestrian" idea still.

So right there I say we should try to get Tate 4-5 million although I admit he is worth more, I should of said "Tate is worth slightly more than 5 million" since I thought 5 million would of been the sweet spot for us to retain him.

So in reality I was hoping to get Tate for 4-5 million and my analysis/predictions of Bennett's contract being front loaded, 6 million a year when we pay Wilson, AND 7-8 million for the right team were pretty much all spot on.

Meanwhile most people here wanted to pay Bennett just south of 10 million?...

Just wanted to point this out since everyone seems to think I'm crazy and put words in my mouth even though my analysis and predictions have been right up there with the best of us for my entire time on these forums, at least in my humble opinion ;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tokadub hate to break to you but you are crazy but your ours unlike I'm The Scientist. Drunk posting is awesome and you're all good in my book.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tokadub hate to break to you but you are crazy but your ours unlike I'm The Scientist. Drunk posting is awesome and you're all good in my book.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Was the voting for this done before the playoffs? Have to think Chancellor is significantly higher if voting was done after the Super Bowl. Arguably the best football player on the field during the entire 2014 playoffs.

bigcc

Reaction score
Am I the only one who found it lame it was mostly our guys talking him up? Adrian Wilson was the only player from another team with anything insightful to say.....laaaame.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Tokadub":29i7p6z9 said:
Written February 10th, 2014: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90185

I think we NEED to keep:

Golden Tate - He's very, very good and has the kind of talent and athleticism that is extremely rare. The last thing we want to do is let him go and then have some other more pass oriented team like the Colts, or Patriots for example pick him up where we watch him put up insane numbers. You just don't get rid of a guy like Tate in my opinion unless he prices himself out and we are forced to.

Michael Bennett - Obviously we keep Bennett but I don't think we should throw as much money at him as I am guessing most of you are thinking. I'd be willing to pay him $6 million tops if not he walks, we just can't afford huge contracts we need to be ready to pay Wilson and Sherman.

Steven Hauschka - Not going to find a more reliable kicker, keep him if the cost isn't too much.

Written February 19th, 2014: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=100

If we do keep Bennett I think it's a one or 2 year deal averaging 6 million per year, probably front loaded this year so we can pay Russell next year. But if we do that we are gonna have to cut more guys than I'd like.

I'm not a straight up Bennett hater like one might expect if you read all my posts. Honestly I think he's a great player, maybe worth 7-8 mill per year for the right team.

I called the front loaded contract and noted the 6 million per year so we could pay Russell next year which is EXACTLY what happened. Also said 7-8 million for the right team and we ended up doing 7.125 million.

Written February 28th, 2014: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 2&start=50

Zach Miller and Unger are both making about 5 million when they seem like 3.0-4.5 million guys to me.

The good news with cutting Bryant though when combined with the news that the cap might be raised to 133 million is that I think it is now realistic that we could keep both Tate and Bennett which would be HUGE!!!

If we can get Tate for 4-5 million a year and Bennett for 6 million a year tops I think we'd be in REALLY good shape going forward. I could still see us releasing Bennett though since another team might overpay him a bit, I also think Tate is worth more than 5 million but hopefully his hometown discount is legit and maybe the rest of the league is still clueless to how good he is clinging to that "pedestrian" idea still.

So right there I say we should try to get Tate 4-5 million although I admit he is worth more, I should of said "Tate is worth slightly more than 5 million" since I thought 5 million would of been the sweet spot for us to retain him.

So in reality I was hoping to get Tate for 4-5 million and my analysis/predictions of Bennett's contract being front loaded, 6 million a year when we pay Wilson, AND 7-8 million for the right team were pretty much all spot on.

Meanwhile most people here wanted to pay Bennett just south of 10 million?...

Just wanted to point this out since everyone seems to think I'm crazy and put words in my mouth even though my analysis and predictions have been right up there with the best of us for my entire time on these forums, at least in my humble opinion ;)

You can join Tech Worlds in the bathroom, both of you can pat yourselves on the back while giving each other high fives into the mirror.

But the thing is Bennett at 9-10 mil is as valuable as Tate at 6-7 mil. However, Bennett gave the Seahawks, what Tate said he was going to do and that was a hometown discount.

However when you have better WRs in Harvin and Baldwin plus Kearse who is similar to Tate as a pure WR, he was expendable. That's why the Seahawks weren't going to break the bank for him... very good player but not irreplaceable.

Bennett on the other hand is irreplaceable, you can say whatever you want about him but it still does change the fact that he's a rare commidity in this league that can pass rush inside or out while playing strong run defense for his size.

And ps its a team sport, a defensively speaking, every player as a job to do, we don't have a truly elite player in the front 7 making everyone jobs easier but they are all good to great players and make each other better. They all help each other, they all compete to make plays. So stop cherry picking and saying that Bennett benefited from having a great defense because that's how great defenses work everyone benefits from everyone doing the job they're supposed to do.

And the fact that the Seahawks though highly of Bennett and paid him what they did and stating that he was prioity #1 is enough... end of argument... just get over Bennett.

Anglo-Hawk

Reaction score
MB12":l8k5iwmv said:

The only problem I have with Kam's comment is that one cannot control destiny. By its definition (and if you believe in it), you can't control it.

:twisted:

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
bigcc":1y96eh8g said:
Am I the only one who found it lame it was mostly our guys talking him up? Adrian Wilson was the only player from another team with anything insightful to say.....laaaame.

I noticed that as well while watching it. I'm sure it's nothing. We're just so used to feeling bias against our team. Lol now, it's jealousy!!! I also noticed how Roddy was talking about Sherman without saying his name.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anglo-Hawk":2nwv24o2 said:
MB12":2nwv24o2 said:

The only problem I have with Kam's comment is that one cannot control destiny. By its definition (and if you believe in it), you can't control it.

:twisted:

I pity the fool that would correct his vocabulary to his face.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tokadub you are ignoring that with Harvin, Rice, Baldwin, Kearse and now Richardson and Norwood, Tate's playing time would have been significantly reduced. Bennett on the other hand with losing Clemons and Bryant will be increased. That in itself makes letting Tate leave and making Bennett your top off season priority the smart move.

I also think that Baldwin out worked Tate and even though Tate has more talent it will likely never be reached because of his work ethic. He said it himself in his second year he learned that he couldn't just rely on his athleticism at this level. He was going to have to work to learn his craft in the NFL. The problem with it is that you don't just suddenly learn work ethic. That is something that you learn growing up and if you don't have it by the time you are an adult it is something you will fight with your entire life.

Remember the only reason Tate had the numbers he did last year is because Harvin and Rice were not on the field. If they had been then Tate's #'s would have been much less impressive.

Meeker

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1glgkksh said:
Was the voting for this done before the playoffs? Have to think Chancellor is significantly higher if voting was done after the Super Bowl. Arguably the best football player on the field during the entire 2014 playoffs.

With Jacobey Jones making the list last year, you'd think it would have to be post playoffs.

RichNhansom":1glgkksh said:
Tokadub you are ignoring that with Harvin, Rice, Baldwin, Kearse and now Richardson and Norwood, Tate's playing time would have been significantly reduced.

Not reading this full argument but glanced and saw this...theres no way we select both Richardson and Norwood had Tate re-signed, maybe neither, and Rice is a non-factor at this point.