Reaction score
OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Thats crazy, I like joking around about wilson being washed/ etc
but they literally got him 2nd on odds lol
Keep in mind that like all odds and lines set by bookies, they are dependent on betting activity, not on some sort of expert analysis. If more people bet on Russell to be the first QB benched, they'll reduce the odds to encourage more people to bet on a QB other than Russell who has longer odds.

Russell is a polarizing player, with a lot of people that don't care for him for one reason or another, and a lot of them are betting on him to be benched more out of wishful thinking rather than based on an educated opinion.

Seak

Reaction score
For sure, Lines shuffle according to people betting. It was just weird seeing him at number 2 though lol
I'm on the side of 4 game losing streak and hell get benched, but it was all sort of in jest.
Id say I feel bad for him but I just dont lol

*Edit* Did it surprise you to see him at those odds?

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
For sure, Lines shuffle according to people betting. It was just weird seeing him at number 2 though lol
I'm on the side of 4 game losing streak and hell get benched, but it was all sort of in jest.
Id say I feel bad for him but I just dont lol

*Edit* Did it surprise you to see him at those odds?
No, I wasn't at all surprised to see Russell's name on that list with those kinds of odds. The assumption is that Payton has Russell on a short leash, and there's been a number of stories during the offseason that have reinforced this thought.

Tannehill is properly ranked as the most likely QB to be benched first. The Titans lost their first game, Tannehill played horribly in their first game, and they have two QB's behind him that they've taken in the draft on their depth chart.

Seak

Reaction score
No, I wasn't at all surprised to see Russell's name on that list with those kinds of odds. The assumption is that Payton has Russell on a short leash, and there's been a number of stories during the offseason that have reinforced this thought.

Tannehill is properly ranked as the most likely QB to be benched first. The Titans lost their first game, Tannehill played horribly in their first game, and they have two QB's behind him that they've taken in the draft on their depth chart.
For sure there was a lot of chatter, I just thought it was "tabloid" sort of of stuff.. truth to it but maybe over exagerated.
Vegas doesn't seem to think so, which is hilarious.
The Tannehill front makes sense
I would have but Anthony Richardson at lower odds simply cause they probably want him to get tons of reps win or lose

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
For sure there was a lot of chatter, I just thought it was "tabloid" sort of of stuff.. truth to it but maybe over exagerated.
Vegas doesn't seem to think so, which is hilarious.
The Tannehill front makes sense
I would have but Anthony Richardson at lower odds simply cause they probably want him to get tons of reps win or lose
It is a lot of tabloid stuff, and it may, indeed, be over exaugurated. Especially given Denver's heavy investment in Russell, it would take a lot of balls for any coach to sit him early enough in the season to be the first QB to ride the pine. If I'm a betting man, I'll take those odds and bet on Russell not being the first to be benched.

And I agree with you about Richardson. Once they start him, it would be detrimental to his confidence to pull him so early, especially when they don't have a QBOTF sitting on the bench like the Titans do with Willis and Levis.

rcaido

Reaction score
Looks like Ridder and Jimmy both got benched on the same day. What happens in a tie when betting?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Man, Jimmy G was painfully bad against Detroit. Missing wide open guys all day. He missed two easy TD's to Adams. No wonder Adams was nearly speechless after the game.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Adams deserves better than Jimmy Grapes and the raiders. BUT - he had to know going to the raiders is more often a career killer than not.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Man, Jimmy G was painfully bad against Detroit. Missing wide open guys all day. He missed two easy TD's to Adams. No wonder Adams was nearly speechless after the game.
Yeah, and it got Josh McDaniels and their GM fired:

McDaniels lost his only other HC job years ago in Denver due to a poor call about his starting quarterback when he traded up in the first round to draft Tim Tebow. It shouldn't be too surprising that he thought that Jimmy G. was an upgrade over Derek Carr.

rcaido

Reaction score
Does Dobbs count as being bench? I think a few days ago, they said Tune was going to be the starter for the Cardinals in the next game. Since he got traded & the Cardinals didn't play yet, does that qualify as being the first person benched?

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Dobbs going to the Vikings is a very Vikings move. I'm sure they will be the same old Vikings with this addition.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think Dobbs was announced first, and he’s not going to start in Minny either. Is he the “winner” of this?

rcaido

Reaction score
I think Dobbs was announced first, and he’s not going to start in Minny either. Is he the “winner” of this?

Whoever the QB for the Cardinals will likely be benched. Then the Commanders Howell. Probably next will be Wilson for the Jets. Then Tannenhill.
I should have betted.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The tinfoil hat wearers among us have a decent argument that Ryan Tannehill was the first benched. With 2 TDS, 6 INT, and 19 sacks , he's been a tad uneven. And now Will Levi's is in. Just saying.

Or maybe it's just a high ankle strain after all.....boring 🥱

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
The tinfoil hat wearers among us have a decent argument that Ryan Tannehill was the first benched. With 2 TDS, 6 INT, and 19 sacks , he's been a tad uneven. And now Will Levi's is in. Just saying.

Or maybe it's just a high ankle strain after all.....boring 🥱
And then Levis went crazy throwing bomb TD's - no way tannehill coems back in - at least not before they get a longer look at Levis.

94Smith

Reaction score
Do you guys doubt if Shanahan is a genius now? He got to the Superbowl with this guy

Threedee

Reaction score
Yeah, and it got Josh McDaniels and their GM fired:

McDaniels lost his only other HC job years ago in Denver due to a poor call about his starting quarterback when he traded up in the first round to draft Tim Tebow. It shouldn't be too surprising that he thought that Jimmy G. was an upgrade over Derek Carr.
I didn't think Jimmy G would play this badly, but, I definitely knew he was a downgrade from Carr.

Latest posts