Fitz leaving Cards?

Erebus

Reaction score
Not only would he be exactly the kind of player we need, but I think he'd have a great impact on the development of our other WRs.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scottemojo":22p3yb54 said:
The Cards tried like hell to limit Fitz early in the year, they wanted Floyd to take his numbers. A week ago, Steve Keim said they want him back, but them made some talk about the numbers needing to be right.

Which means he is gone. Fitz bled for them, they were using him as a g'dam down blocker at times, and they will use his diminished numbers to say he is diminished. He would catch 120 balls in New England and he knows it. No way he is taking a huge cut for those guys.

He is a red zone dream for a team like ours.

It's not like his numbers would get un-diminished here, catching passes from Russell "25 throws a game" Wilson.

Guess it depends on what Fitz wants.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":igy2fouy said:
Scottemojo":igy2fouy said:
The Cards tried like hell to limit Fitz early in the year, they wanted Floyd to take his numbers. A week ago, Steve Keim said they want him back, but them made some talk about the numbers needing to be right.

Which means he is gone. Fitz bled for them, they were using him as a g'dam down blocker at times, and they will use his diminished numbers to say he is diminished. He would catch 120 balls in New England and he knows it. No way he is taking a huge cut for those guys.

He is a red zone dream for a team like ours.

It's not like his numbers would get un-diminished here, catching passes from Russell "25 throws a game" Wilson.

Guess it depends on what Fitz wants.

Maybe not his yardage numbers, but he's only averaging 6 TDs a year since 2010. He would be such a huge RZ asset, I can't help but believe he'd be closer to 10 a year with us.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
And conveniently enough, Sherman never trolls him.

Wilson had a good rapport with Sydney Rice and Fitz is healthier than Rice was.

I believe that it would be a two birds/one stone effect in that a move like that takes from division rival and enhances an area of need as a red zone target.

trharder

Reaction score
Seems like a long shot, but I guarantee Pete and JS will give him a sniff. They do everybody. They had a plane warmed up and waiting for Peyton. Would Fitz play here for Sidney money? I think that was about $8 mill. It would be preferable if P. Rich or Norwood turned into Larry Ftiz, but that's probably not going to happen either.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
loafoftatupu":1urkmwh7 said:

Sherman never trolls anyone who acts like a professional and doesn't troll him to begin with. He jawed with Crabtree because Crabtree jawed with him. Fitz is the ultimate professional, and so Sherman treats him as such.

I agree with Ringless though, that this does sound a bit weird given the time and circumstances. Doesn't sound like something that would come from Fitz, especially going into a playoff game. But hey, you never know, and sometimes dysfunction doesn't rear its ugly head until long after the fact.

I would be ecstatic if we took a good, hard look at him this offseason. I'd absolutely love him on this team. I wanted him on this team back when his contract was due last time. Maybe this time it happens.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This is... AWESOME.

For weeks I have had this reoccuring dream that felt more like a premonition where Larry Fitzgerald becomes a Seahawk although it differs when they get him whether its after this season or the next.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up but forcing his hand out of his contract was always the first step. Its hearsay right now but where there's smoke there is usually fire in this league... as well a grain of salt.

Fitzgerald would do well in this offense, a low volume passing game would pro-long his career, but with how explosive the Seahawks are, he'll still have plenty of chances to put up decent production (750-1000 yards, 5-10 TDs) with less wear and tear.

Imagine This...

Flanker: Fitzgerald
Split-End: Richardson
Slot: Baldwin

So sick! but just to back it up a bit... I know this is realistically a 1% chance of happening.

However, let's dive into that 1%.

What's also an interesting thought is Harvin could have been just a placeholder for Fitzgerald all along.

1. Both wear #11
2. Harvin's contract was set up like a pseudo 2-3 year deal about the time Fitz comes of his contract.
3. Harvin's contract seem about close to what a post prime Larry Fitzgerald chasing a Championship might play for... possibly less.
4. There seems like there is a lot of mutual respect. Our defenders compete against him but they do not try to obliterate his existence like they do some WRs. And Fitzgerald seems to have a lot of respect for the organization and seems to have friendships with some of our dudes as well.

Just some junk food for thought.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":k6vwes10 said:
It would be a little out of character for Fitz to say something like this, let alone right before a playoff game. In his career he has always been one to put his team first, and winning before personal stats and records. He has never been one to speak out, or show frustration. He is a true professional, he doesn't even celebrate touchdowns, he just runs over to the ref and hands him the ball. I just highly doubt that something like that would come from Fitz mouth right before a playoff game

Yeah, nothing in the article that indicates the language came from Fitzgerald. In contrast, his actual quote is all about the team and the playoff game. The comments by management were a little vague, as they usually are.

its a media story.

Saying that, i can see him leaving the Cardinals at the end of the season. Wouldnt bet on it, but i wouldnt be surprised.

sutz

Reaction score
Pandion":2cyafj5p said:
2. Harvin's contract was set up like a pseudo 2-3 year deal...
Not to bust your baloon, but all NFL contracts are set up like that, or almost all. ;)

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of spending a day hanging out with Fitz a couple years ago (thanks to my friends at EAS). It was the TJack year IIRC but I could be mistaken...

Anyway, I asked him about playing in Seattle (mostly joking) and he just replied "rains too much".

Wonder if he would be willing to accept ticker tape/lombardi shaped confetti rain for a year or two?

He's tied for my favorite non-Hawk (with JJ Watt) and would probably be another one of those good guys in the community too.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":14kly30h said:

Wilson had a good rapport with Sydney Rice and Fitz is healthier than Rice was.

I believe that it would be a two birds/one stone effect in that a move like that takes from division rival and enhances an area of need as a red zone target.
As others have said Sherman doesn't troll people that don't deserve it. I could see him going either with us or New England. Obviously I hope he would pick us given he has always said good things about us since the start. I wouldn't count on him leaving but it is in the realm of possibility.

byau

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2cva0kc0 said:
Larry Fitzgerald on Seattle would be Sidney Rice - the tail end of his career, holding on, and role-playing for a Championship. We could do a lot worse than him, and he'd be a good mentor for Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood.

Re-watching 2012/2013, Sidney Rice didn't do too badly at all.

I saw the story too. I still get the feeling the Cardinals FO will want to make it work with Fitz, and maybe Fitz is just feeling the emotion of being a SB contender to now ..well, not being one. And one could possibly guess that Arians doesn't utilize him as well as he could be. Or guessing that perhaps some statements might have been made about Fitz's role in the offense that never came to fruition because of injuries and other things.

I think a move to a new team would be good for Fitz if that is the case, even if his role changes in that move. Almost like Ray Allen (GO SONICS!) and his move from Boston to MIami. Allen was upset with his role changing in Boston amongst some coaching and FO turmoil and supposed chemistry issues with Rajon Rondo. Ray then signed onto Miami where his role changed (sixth man) but he liked the FO and champion aspirations and the coach and FO were upfront with how he would be integrated into the offense.

Yeah, Fitz coming to Seattle might happen :) I'll keep telling myself that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":25z5rsbi said:
Larry Fitzgerald on Seattle would be Sidney Rice - the tail end of his career
Yeah, because Sidney Rice retiring at the age of 28 is the tail end of his career. Fitzgerald will be 32 for the start of next season.

MB12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1z4dyekd said:
Fitzgerald's contract is insane. His agent is some kind of wizard or evil genius.

ScreenShot2015 01 03at123453AM zps30403217
ScreenShot2015 01 03at122629AM zpsdda9ad23
JHEEZ! And look at Dwayne Bowe!!!

I still think Fitz would take a huge paycut to get a ring though...

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Thanks for redirecting my post -

Love the Ray Allen analogy.

Who is he friends w/ on the current Hawk team?

Most of those WR's on the top paid list are sooo over paid - wow.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Fitz is an icon, and Madden Legend. But I don't like investing in a name who is on his way down ability wise. He's almost guaranteed to be overpaid when compared to 2015 production.

Harvin was an exception, as he was still in the middle of his prime. Fitz and Andre will both be a year older, slower and less explosive next year. Considering the youth the Hawks already need to develop at WR, I don't really like the idea of giving reps to a new guy who's long in the tooth. I'd rather they continue to pump reps to PRich and Norwood.

Now, if the price is 3-4M, what the heck.

Latest posts