Fitz leaving Cards?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sorry, 20 million was guaranteed.

makes more sense.

because 20 mill a year? woof

Largent80

Reaction score
If I were Fitz and already have more money than I could ever use. I would want to be in an organization that is geared for the long haul and has a grip on what it takes to keep it that way.

Hawks are young, and are most definitely not going anywhere soon.

Fitz has given his body up for over a decade with AZ. and nothing to show for it except a SB game and a lot of money.

Regardless of the Cards record the last 2 years the writing is clearly on the wall for him.

byau

Reaction score
Largent80":3upkr6k4 said:
Fitz has given his body up for over a decade with AZ. and nothing to show for it except a SB game and a lot of money.

I don't think I read that as you intended it to be read. A lot of money and an SB game is a pretty good accomplishment

And as voiced by others, I would find it hard to believe an athlete (anyone really) would really take that huge a paycut to do anything. 5%, maybe 10%. But more than that to me has always been fans' wishful thinking.

I don't remember which athlete says it, but it goes something like this

"You always see championship rings being auctioned on ebay. But you never see people auctioning money"

The first part of your quote
Largent80":3upkr6k4 said:
If I were Fitz and already have more money than I could ever use. I would want to be in an organization that is geared for the long haul and has a grip on what it takes to keep it that way.

Interesting point, and yes I agree if that luxury for him existed, of course why not try to get himself on a serious SB contender.

Realistically, I don't think it's feasible that he has more money than he could ever use. That's a tall order. A bit more feasible is if he had lots of investments and endorsements that heavily outweighed his contract so he could easily take a 50% or more paycut. Somehow I don't think that's realistic either.

In the end, I'd love to see him here, but I see him staying in AZ somehow.

If he stays a Card somehow, he's on a good team and possible SB contender already (once Carson returns), probably will get a nice hefty salary, and the way he carries himself and does what his coach asks, he will be set for life in AZ and never have to buy himself a meal or drink again.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think he is gone if they ask him to take a pay cut, he does not like the role Arians has for him. It is that simple. And someone will pay him nicely.

By the end of the season, he was downblocking a dozen times a game, and I could tell he hated it. And so did his dad, who has some pull with him. The way the season ended can't help, with him knowing it is unlikely Palmer is ready to go at the beginning of next year. The season did not begin well either, with the Cards focused on Floyd and not even targeting Fitz.

I think that marriage is over.

sutz

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3m7anfwy said:
I think he is gone if they ask him to take a pay cut, he does not like the role Arians has for him. It is that simple. And someone will pay him nicely.

By the end of the season, he was downblocking a dozen times a game, and I could tell he hated it. And so did his dad, who has some pull with him. The way the season ended can't help, with him knowing it is unlikely Palmer is ready to go at the beginning of next year. The season did not begin well either, with the Cards focused on Floyd and not even targeting Fitz.

I think that marriage is over.
..and yet, he'd probably be in the same position here. We're not the kind of team that will routinely have a 1,000 yd/100 catch WR. Any WR coming here expecting that will be disappointed.

Largent80

Reaction score
At this time in his career I seriously doubt he wants anything but a ring. He already has the money from over a decade of contracts and while money matters, most players want to be champions.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Largent80":1yox7mx2 said:
At this time in his career I seriously doubt he wants anything but a ring. He already has the money from over a decade of contracts and while money matters, most players want to be champions.
Agreed.

The only thing left for him to do is win it all. Sorry cardinal fans, that's not going to happen in arizona with the cap hell that they are in. I mean have you seen Fitz' cap hit for next year? 23.6 million! 8 million roster bonus due, I just don't see how they get better without some drastic paycuts all the way around or just cutting players.

sturg78

Reaction score
Fitz would be the first guy since Joe juriviscious and one year wonder Mike Williams that could catch everything even close to him. The jump balling, contested pass owning, chain moving monster that would compliment our run game well