Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The 9ers weren't that into Smith toward the end of his time there. They wanted an instant winner (well relatively) and got it in Kaep. By 2014 they were leaning against Kaep being "it" either so well, they looked elsewhere. Or were rumored to. Briefly.

It took them, what, five years to get a QB that they were happy with and paid. Don't see that changing at least for this year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The one thing Florio has said that does make sense is that if the 9ers weren't at least considering this, why haven't they come out and said strongly "Jimmy is our guy, we have no interest in Brady"? Again, I don't buy any of this crap one iota but it is an interesting point.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2csj4irp said:
Hyperbolic indignation aside, 9ers fans really don't think their team would entertain an opportunity to upgrade the QB position?

Give me a realistic scenario in which they could upgrade the QB position this offseason and what it would cost them to do it and I'll happily weigh in on if I think they would or should do that (seriously).

I think the hypothetical would have to have some resemblance to the real world to make it meaningful.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ta31tcc said:
Tom Brady isn't an upgrade?? Tom fricken Brady??? :34853_doh:

Correct. 2020 Tom Brady had one of the worst seasons of his career at 42 and he's only getting older. Toms QB rating last year was 88 and his Average Per Attempt was 6.6 yard.

Your indignation only serves to show you aren't paying attention.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":229hz53t said:
The one thing Florio has said that does make sense is that if the 9ers weren't at least considering this, why haven't they come out and said strongly "Jimmy is our guy, we have no interest in Brady"? Again, I don't buy any of this crap one iota but it is an interesting point.

They HAVE said Jimmy is their guy. Both Lynch and Shanahan said it clearly at the combine. The only thing they didn't do was comment on Brady because they weren't asked directly and they wouldn't have answered anyway because at this moment right now he's on another NFL roster.

NOTHING Florio says makes sense.

Honestly, this scenario pretty much dictates that I'll never trust him as a source on ANY subject.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":8abdnpnb said:
hawksfansinceday1":8abdnpnb said:

They HAVE said Jimmy is their guy. Both Lynch and Shanahan said it clearly at the combine. The only thing they didn't do was comment on Brady because they weren't asked directly and they wouldn't have answered anyway because at this moment right now he's on another NFL roster.

Honestly, this scenario pretty much dictates that I'll never trust him as a source on ANY subject.

Thing is, he's one of the last free sources out there. Him, ESPN.com, and NFL.com. Everyone else wants a CC that gets burdensome to cancel and are just shilling their pubs (hey "The Athletic") on Twitter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":79ucewf1 said:
Marvin49":79ucewf1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":79ucewf1 said:

Thing is, he's one of the last free sources out there. Him, ESPN.com, and NFL.com. Everyone else wants a CC that gets burdensome to cancel and are just shilling their pubs (hey "The Athletic") on Twitter.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":3p111mag said:
hawksfansinceday1":3p111mag said:

I'll definitely take your word for it. It's your team we're talking about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever you say Marvin. If you believe that Jimmy G is better than Brady, you're the one not watching.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2f05we4n said:
Whatever you say Marvin. If you believe that Jimmy G is better than Brady, you're the one not watching.

Wow.

Really?

Nobody is saying Jimmy is better than prime Brady or even Brady of a few years ago, but this argument has alot less to do with how good I think Jimmy is than how bad Brady was this past season and his trajectory moving forward.

If you really think its all that controversial....well....I just don't know what to tell you. Agree to disagree I guess.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sorry SH but I agree fully with Marv here. Tical and I predicted the Brady fall off last offseason on Discord cuz you could see signs of it at the end of the previous year. The decline will only continue.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, all a matter of opinion. But this is dot net, so you get used to being blasted for having an opinion so :lol: