Football Outsiders give the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":fka2ti4e said:
Sorry Chris but how is it refreshing?

I think some of us would like the opportunity to see an article like this, debate (as Seahawks fans) about the subject matter, without every thread turning into Marvin vs the world.

Some of us don't just want to trash the Niners all the time. It'd be nice to have intelligent debates about Seattle vs San Fran between ourselves. We ARE capable. And this is a board predominantly if not exclusively for Seahawks fans.

But I think sometimes the opportunity for that type of intelligent debate is completely lost because Marvin starts up his crusade and another 'us vs them' battle begins.

Threads are getting ruined. Humour and debate is being lost. It's just Marvin vs Seahawks fans every time his team gets brought up.

I am sure if there was a good NFC West forum somewhere with good debate from all fan bases most of us would be there. However I have yet to find it myself so I come here. There are about 4-7 normal posters here that I really enjoy the back and forth with. That's something we can't get on the zone or Niners Nation. Its also impossible to have a conversation in the comments sections of any articles because 90% of those posters are trolls from every NFL team.

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":21uckr6m said:

I think some of us would like the opportunity to see an article like this, debate (as Seahawks fans) about the subject matter, without every thread turning into Marvin vs the world.

Some of us don't just want to trash the Niners all the time. It'd be nice to have intelligent debates about Seattle vs San Fran between ourselves. We ARE capable. And this is a board predominantly if not exclusively for Seahawks fans.

But I think sometimes the opportunity for that type of intelligent debate is completely lost because Marvin starts up his crusade and another 'us vs them' battle begins.

Threads are getting ruined. Humour and debate is being lost. It's just Marvin vs Seahawks fans every time his team gets brought up.

So ban all outside thought, if it's about the Seahawks and the 49ers than it would be in the main forum, looks at forum and it appears to be the NFL forum so it's cross sectional. If I didn't know better there is indications about insecurity here. Debating things as only Seahawks fans is one sided mostly and just a bashfest which we have in the Smack Shack, if people truly want to debunk Marvins or Sourdoughs positions they need arguments that are more than opinions, we see things one way they another, thats a debate.

As far as the Webzone opinions, thats not our home or worry really, those that go there know the playing field just as those that come here do.

Part of the reason I see some of the threads get into long drawn out weak pissing contests is that many love to goad them on as well rather than just debate an issue, have to take ownership of that as well.

So now I have been forced to defend them again, I feel dirty :)

Anyway this topic has strayed far away from original post so I will lock it and save further Marvinisms that seem to ruffle feathers.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1gw0vjqh said:
kearly":1gw0vjqh said:
loafoftatupu":1gw0vjqh said:
I don't like him because he ran off the field like a child after losing, mocked Newton with the "Superman"...

I actually loved that part. Nothing beats the "WWE" styled showmanship of mocking another team in their own stadium, from an entertainment standpoint. One of my favorite NFL games of all time was the "star" game with T.O. and Emmitt Smith in the late 90s.

Newton planned on getting revenge with a bicep kiss after that but never got back to the end zone.

Did you also like the "Sharpie game?"
I should make it clear that it wasn't the mocking of the Superman move that I didn't like, it was that a QB did it and that he whined about Sherman later.

Biceping? No biggy, it's cool. K-Choke mocked Newton and then can't stomach it when Sherman makes the choke sign and calls out Choketree. This was after the early season pouting off the field when the 2nd curbstomping took place.

CK is a terrific football player and considering his age he is a great QB, I won't overlook those things.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":18abypto said:
theENGLISHseahawk":18abypto said:

So ban all outside thought, if it's about the Seahawks and the 49ers than it would be in the main forum, looks at forum and it appears to be the NFL forum so it's cross sectional. If I didn't know better there is indications about insecurity here. Debating things as only Seahawks fans is one sided mostly and just a bashfest which we have in the Smack Shack, if people truly want to debunk Marvins or Sourdoughs positions they need arguments that are more than opinions, we see things one way they another, thats a debate.

As far as the Webzone opinions, thats not our home or worry really, those that go there know the playing field just as those that come here do.

Part of the reason I see some of the threads get into long drawn out weak pissing contests is that many love to goad them on as well rather than just debate an issue, have to take ownership of that as well.

So now I have been forced to defend them again, I feel dirty :)

Anyway this topic has strayed far away from original post so I will lock it and save further Marvinisms that seem to ruffle feathers.
It's easy enough to ignore them. I know all about Marvin his whole thing is to twist himself up into a pretzel so let him. It still won't change the fact that we will win the division and IF they get to the NFC Championship beat them like a drum. I mean did you see what the mere presence of Harvin did for our offense? We ran wild and we still don't have have our actual OL in or critical parts of our defense for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts