For all of you RW weight watchers...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's ok, people will complain that he's too fat. Or they will complain that he is too muscular. Or that he's married. Or that he should be concentrating on football every day of the year, even in the off season etc.

titan3131

Reaction score
scutterhawk":27c8ag6g said:
titan3131":27c8ag6g said:
Chapow - Do not assume to know anythign about me. I used to be 300+ lbs and have worked very hard to accomplish my goals of being healthy.

In the Videos on that page you can clearly see his level of vascularity and how soft he looks. A muscle while its being used engorges itself with blood and gets what is termed a "pump" leaving it bigger then normal. In these training videos he is incredibly softer and you clearly refused to read or comprehend the extensive logical agruement I posted yesterday. That is your loss.
So it's your expert opinion that an athlete cannot be at his quickest / fastest, unless / until his muscles are fully "PUMPED"? LOL
Chapow made a good point, Russell Wilson had been training last Year, to build muscle, maximize his "Core Strength" and "Speed".
Anyone proclaiming that they could tell that RW was visibly SLOWER before he got hurt is quite simply, full of malarkey.

I was explaining him looking "Jacked" To you ignorant keyboard warrior normies.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Anthony, are you Russell Wilson? :lol:

Bad kidding aside. He seems to be working out tough according to articles and teammate interviews. Here is hoping to an awesome year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I can't believe you fools have gone on about this for this long. The only reason why his weight would be a concern is because of scrambling. Subsequently, the only reason why scrambling is a concern is because he doesn't get the ball out in 3 seconds consistently. There are times when QBs have more time than 3 seconds, but that's the average none the less.

Think about that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":3mkksp7c said:
I find all this overblown preoccupation with quarterback details and speculation amusing.

A sight to behold is that of a pack of hungry defenders attacking and beating the crap out of a quarterback. The bonus is watching snowflakes, that think the game consists of dueling quarterbacks with a cast of extras, go thru a full blown melt down when their idols are knocked off their pedestals.

Really?. hmmm, I have gained an all new respect for Russell Wilson....THREE injuries and he still fought his way through the pain, and NEVER TAPED OUT.
Doug Baldwin agrees.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":19lpdahl said:
I can't believe you fools have gone on about this for this long. The only reason why his weight would be a concern is because of scrambling. Subsequently, the only reason why scrambling is a concern is because he doesn't get the ball out in 3 seconds consistently. There are times when QBs have more time than 3 seconds, but that's the average none the less.

Think about that.

Definitely not the only reason. A huge part of our run game is the read option and Russell's threat to take off and move the sticks. In 5 years his average rushing is 537 yards per season, and that threat opens up the run game for Lynch or whoever. It is no coincidence that last year Russell's rushing numbers are way down to 259 yards, and this was the worst season since he's been here for the other backs rushing numbers.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":363erwu8 said:
scutterhawk":363erwu8 said:
titan3131":363erwu8 said:
Chapow - Do not assume to know anythign about me. I used to be 300+ lbs and have worked very hard to accomplish my goals of being healthy.

In the Videos on that page you can clearly see his level of vascularity and how soft he looks. A muscle while its being used engorges itself with blood and gets what is termed a "pump" leaving it bigger then normal. In these training videos he is incredibly softer and you clearly refused to read or comprehend the extensive logical agruement I posted yesterday. That is your loss.
So it's your expert opinion that an athlete cannot be at his quickest / fastest, unless / until his muscles are fully "PUMPED"? LOL
Chapow made a good point, Russell Wilson had been training last Year, to build muscle, maximize his "Core Strength" and "Speed".
Anyone proclaiming that they could tell that RW was visibly SLOWER before he got hurt is quite simply, full of malarkey.

You are TRYING to prove that it's a "One Size Fits All" mentality, and that's Just NOT always the truth.
I have ALWAYS been fast, even the times that I was 60 lbs. overweight........When I was 63, I worked the living hell out of a couple BUFF 29 year olds...I knew how to "Dig In" and extract what I needed to stay competitive. I have journeyman status in 4 different lines of work, and In all those lines of work, you got your butt replaced if you couldn't perform.....Russell Wilson stuck it out last Season, Pete didn't attempt to replace him, BECAUSE he didn't have the warrior he would have needed to replace him with.
EXPERTS like Pete Carroll = +1, Youse Doubters = O

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":2hc9hup7 said:
vin.couve12":2hc9hup7 said:

Think about that.

Definitely not the only reason. A huge part of our run game is the read option and Russell's threat to take off and move the sticks. In 5 years his average rushing is 537 yards per season, and that threat opens up the run game for Lynch or whoever. It is no coincidence that last year Russell's rushing numbers are way down to 259 yards, and this was the worst season since he's been here for the other backs rushing numbers.

Not to mention Wilson avg under 3 seconds last year and the year before.

Steve Palazzolo ✔ @PFF_Steve
Russell Wilson time to throw (snap to release):
2012: 3.37
2013: 3.18
2014: 3.20
2015: 2.98
2016: 2.54

Getting rid of ball much quicker
6:29 PM - 11 Oct 2016

titan3131

Reaction score
scutterhawk":217z5qxa said:
titan3131":217z5qxa said:
scutterhawk":217z5qxa said:
titan3131":217z5qxa said:

You are TRYING to prove that it's a "One Size Fits All" mentality, and that's Just NOT always the truth.
I have ALWAYS been fast, even the times that I was 60 lbs. overweight........When I was 63, I worked the living hell out of a couple BUFF 29 year olds...I knew how to "Dig In" and extract what I needed to stay competitive. I have journeyman status in 4 different lines of work, and In all those lines of work, you got your butt replaced if you couldn't perform.....Russell Wilson stuck it out last Season, Pete didn't attempt to replace him, BECAUSE he didn't have the warrior he would have needed to replace him with.
EXPERTS like Pete Carroll = +1, Youse Doubters = O

I would argue for RW's long term health and pro career he should have sat all year and lets us get a GREAT draft position. Especially after Earl went down.

Not to mention if boykin showed up all season we could get his value up and possibly moved him patriots style.

the mind is an amazing thing, people can believe things like the earth being flat, Russians hacking the election, Chemtrails ect.

As Steve Perry says
"Dont Stop Believing"

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":ip6tt9nl said:
vin.couve12":ip6tt9nl said:

Think about that.

No, it's definitely not the ONLY reason. It's just the extreme majority of the reason. And I don't really care about his rushing numbers. He needs to get the ball out fast and with accuracy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anthony!":361vfhy1 said:
Seymour":361vfhy1 said:
vin.couve12":361vfhy1 said:

Think about that.

No fricking arse way. Dude is a camper. His release was infinitely faster in the last 7 games of 2015 and that stretch alone would force the average up above any point in 2016. That's complete BS.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":293c0snn said:
Seymour":293c0snn said:
vin.couve12":293c0snn said:

Think about that.

No, it's definitely not the ONLY reason. It's just the extreme majority of the reason. And I don't really care about his rushing numbers. He needs to get the ball out fast and with accuracy.

and yet he was under 3 seconds and completed over 64% of his passes so done and done

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Quick search comes up with this for 2012 on PFF

The best place to start is which quarterback has the longest time to throw. Now to explain what ‘time to throw’ is, we record the time from when the ball is snapped to the point where the quarterback has either thrown a pass or can no longer throw a pass (has been sacked or has scrambled past the line of scrimmage). While logic would say that Michael Vick would be the one holding onto the ball the longest, it’s actually rookie Russell Wilson who leads the way in this regard with Vick second (though the difference is negligible). Meanwhile, nobody takes less time to throw than Tom Brady who has a marginally lower mark than Matt Hasselbeck. Here’s the full list:

Rank Name Team Drop backs To Throw
1 Russell Wilson SEA 274 3.14
2 Michael Vick PHI 366 3.12
3 Cam Newton CAR 266 3.04
4 Robert Griffin III WAS 309 3.01
5 Alex D. Smith SF 244 2.9
6 Andrew Luck IND 371 2.86
7 Kevin Kolb ARZ 217 2.84
8 Matt Cassel KC 260 2.82

I'm done. I have no use for no so subjective lies....

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":39hkaz4q said:
Anthony!":39hkaz4q said:
Seymour":39hkaz4q said:
vin.couve12":39hkaz4q said:

Think about that.

No fricking arse way. Dude is a camper. His release was infinitely faster in the last 7 games of 2015 and that stretch alone would force the average up above any point in 2016. That's complete BS.

of course, it is because it does not support your stance so it has to be BS. LOL I guess this one is BS too
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...son-getting-rid-of-the-ball-quicker-than-ever

And this one too

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/791015691784773632 I can go on and on but it is a fact he is under 3 sec.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Your espn article is from 9/21/2016 and states this:

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson is releasing the ball on average in 2.33 seconds, which is ninth-fastest in the NFL. Last year, that number was 2.67 (32nd).

Discrepancy for 2015 for starters.

Your second link was a stat for one game and depending on how many bubble screens we throw, that's less than a second affecting the average mean. Obviously he has some days where he's one, such as the latter half of 2015 where he was on fire. Despite being injured last year, he actually visibly held onto the ball longer than the previous year, ironically. You can post stats from a single game or the start of 2016 or whatever you want, but the fact is that you can already see that between ESPN and PFF, it's a very subjective stat that highly depends on what they take into account. Even throw aways are counted in some cases.

He can eat 997 twinkies and do the truffle shuffle for all I care. He just needs to get back to quick 123 reads like the end of 2015. He read slow A LOT last year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Forgot about this from your ESPN article. I'll bold it.

In fact, he's never finished higher than 32nd in release time since entering the league.

That I kind of expect, previous to 2015 anyway. He used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off for long periods.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3m7r6ars said:
Your espn article is from 9/21/2016 and states this:

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson is releasing the ball on average in 2.33 seconds, which is ninth-fastest in the NFL. Last year, that number was 2.67 (32nd).

Discrepancy for 2015 for starters.

Your second link was a stat for one game and depending on how many bubble screens we throw, that's less than a second affecting the average mean. Obviously he has some days where he's one, such as the latter half of 2015 where he was on fire. Despite being injured last year, he actually visibly held onto the ball longer than the previous year, ironically. You can post stats from a single game or the start of 2016 or whatever you want, but the fact is that you can already see that between ESPN and PFF, it's a very subjective stat that highly depends on what they take into account. Even throw aways are counted in some cases.

He can eat 997 twinkies and do the truffle shuffle for all I care. He just needs to get back to quick 123 reads like the end of 2015. He read slow A LOT last year.

and yet the facts show he was not

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":27azigab said:
Forgot about this from your ESPN article. I'll bold it.

In fact, he's never finished higher than 32nd in release time since entering the league.

That I kind of expect, previous to 2015 anyway. He used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off for long periods.

but we were talking about 2015 and 2016 were he was under 3 seconds.