For all of you RW weight watchers...

Anthony!

Reaction score
themunn":3u8wbb12 said:
semiahmoo":3u8wbb12 said:
Thank you. I was going to bring up the QB rating which has RW sharing space with relative no-names. His overall rating was the lowest he's ever had. He threw the most interceptions of any other season. His passing yds average was tied for lowest. His overall touchdowns was second lowest. Etc.

RW had a mediocre to bad season by his standards and I agree with his standards, so have no problem calling it a mediocre/bad season as well.

His QB maturity/growth has stalled somewhat the last couple seasons. If he has another bad year, there will be a lot more people voicing concern - and rightfully so.

He's not entirely to blame. The O-Line sucked. The running game was more cold than hot. the play calling continues to confound .The D was less than dominant at times. Etc.

That said, RW showed up to Training Camp too heavy/too slow. Then he was injured. He toughed it out and deserves props for that, but like you said - 16 quarters without a TD pass!!!???? That is not a QB or a team that will ever win a Super Bowl.

We need a better Wilson this season so we have a shot at seeing a better version of the Hawks if we are to return to being a top tier team.

His QB rating was smack bang in between Matt Stafford and Andy Dalton last year, and at 92.6 was just 0.1 below Aaron Rodgers' 2015 QB rating Hardly no-names. Happy to call in a bad season by his standards, but still 15th among QBs with over 200 attempts last year, which by most people's standard can be considered an "average" season. And of course, his QB rating is wildly affected by the GB game, which, without - for a player who played injured all season long, behind the most inexperienced O-line in the league and whose number 1,2 and 3 RBs were either injured for 7 games, injured for 10 games or cut after 9 games- I'm prepared to give him a little bit of slack and say that he had a quietly efficient albeit uninspiring season all things considered.

Also, not sure when the 16 quarters of no TD passes were. 12 maybe. Though we did have a couple of 1/2 yard TD runs that make that look worse than it was.

Good post, spot on the issue is certain people need to continue to ignore the facts like injuries etc to push their agenda.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":1cq67syo said:
Anthony!":1cq67syo said:
LOL yeah a crap year completed almost 65% of his passes, over 4k yards, led his team to the playoffs, all while dealing with 3 major injuries, playing behind one of the worst oline in the NFL and with no run game, Yeah I mean lets leave some of the most important facts out so you can push your agenda. LOL

That's the glass half full account, of which Anthony can always be counted on for giving anyone who will listen when the subject is Russell Wilson.

The glass half empty account, minus the cherry picked stats that Anthony cited, is that Russell had his worst year as a Seahawk, with his QB rating the lowest of his professional career and his interceptions the most of his career. At one point, he had a streak of playing 16 consecutive quarters without throwing a TD pass, pretty much unheard of in today's NFL. His sub par performance, whether the excuse used is injuries, an anemic running attack, or the offensive line, was a major factor in our failure to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

as opposed to your glass half empty and always leaving off the injuries, bad oline, no run etc to push your agenda. FYI they are not excuses they are facts

LolaRox

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2nhz8raw said:
RiverDog":2nhz8raw said:
Anthony!":2nhz8raw said:
LOL yeah a crap year completed almost 65% of his passes, over 4k yards, led his team to the playoffs, all while dealing with 3 major injuries, playing behind one of the worst oline in the NFL and with no run game, Yeah I mean lets leave some of the most important facts out so you can push your agenda. LOL
That's the glass half full account, of which Anthony can always be counted on for giving anyone who will listen when the subject is Russell Wilson.

The glass half empty account, minus the cherry picked stats that Anthony cited, is that Russell had his worst year as a Seahawk, with his QB rating the lowest of his professional career and his interceptions the most of his career. At one point, he had a streak of playing 16 consecutive quarters without throwing a TD pass, pretty much unheard of in today's NFL. His sub par performance, whether the excuse used is injuries, an anemic running attack, or the offensive line, was a major factor in our failure to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

Thank you. I was going to bring up the QB rating which has RW sharing space with relative no-names. His overall rating was the lowest he's ever had. He threw the most interceptions of any other season. His passing yds average was tied for lowest. His overall touchdowns was second lowest. Etc.
RW had a mediocre to bad season by his standards and I agree with his standards, so have no problem calling it a mediocre/bad season as well.
His QB maturity/growth has stalled somewhat the last couple seasons. If he has another bad year, there will be a lot more people voicing concern - and rightfully so.
He's not entirely to blame. The O-Line sucked. The running game was more cold than hot. the play calling continues to confound .The D was less than dominant at times. Etc.
That said, RW showed up to Training Camp too heavy/too slow. Then he was injured. He toughed it out and deserves props for that, but like you said - 16 quarters without a TD pass!!!???? That is not a QB or a team that will ever win a Super Bowl.
We need a better Wilson this season so we have a shot at seeing a better version of the Hawks if we are to return to being a top tier team.

When was the streak of 16 qtrs?

He didn't throw a TD in the ATL, AZ, or NO games, that's 12 qtrs, but he did in the game before (NYJ 4th qtr) and the game after (BUF 2nd qtr). That is 13. Is there a longer stretch that I'm missing?

erik2690

Reaction score
semiahmoo":51hvtr3o said:
His QB maturity/growth has stalled somewhat the last couple seasons.

How do you keep extending your narrative beyond last years injury riddled campaign? The year before with Marshawn out he balled out like almost no QB in history for an extended stretch. What are you talking about with this nonsense?

Anthony!

Reaction score
erik2690":1htv6tj4 said:
semiahmoo":1htv6tj4 said:
His QB maturity/growth has stalled somewhat the last couple seasons.

How do you keep extending your narrative beyond last years injury riddled campaign? The year before with Marshawn out he balled out like almost no QB in history for an extended stretch. What are you talking about with this nonsense?

You mean exaggerating, LOL

RiverDog

Reaction score
LolaRox":2sthsx14 said:
[When was the streak of 16 qtrs?

He didn't throw a TD in the ATL, AZ, or NO games, that's 12 qtrs, but he did in the game before (NYJ 4th qtr) and the game after (BUF 2nd qtr). That is 13. Is there a longer stretch that I'm missing?

My sincere apologies. But we're both wrong. The streak was 14, not 16 and not 13. I missed the 4th quarter TD pass vs. the Jets and you missed the Arizona game as it was a full 5 quarters. A friend of mine was discussing it prior to the Bills game and I couldn't remember the number of quarters he had noted, so I had to go back and do some research. 16 quarters isn't a lot less depressing than 14 and the correction does little to diminish my point, but I'm glad someone called me on it.

Here's the streak:

Oct. 16th vs. Atlanta 4 quarters
Oct. 23rd at Arizona at Arizona 5 quarters (1 full overtime period)
Oct. 30th at New Orleans 4 quarters
Nov. 7th vs. Bills 1 quarter (1st, threw a TD to Graham in the 2nd).

Thanks for keeping me honest!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anthony!":2eo2enso said:
RiverDog":2eo2enso said:
Anthony!":2eo2enso said:

as opposed to your glass half empty and always leaving off the injuries, bad oline, no run etc to push your agenda. FYI they are not excuses they are facts

FYI the dog eating your homework is a fact, too, as well as an excuse. They are not mutually exclusive.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":2c8dm8e6 said:
Anthony!":2c8dm8e6 said:
RiverDog":2c8dm8e6 said:
Anthony!":2c8dm8e6 said:

FYI the dog eating your homework is a fact, too, as well as an excuse. They are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah except for the dog to eat your homework you need to leave it where he can get at it, to get hurt in a football game when your the QB involves a lot of things you can't control, so not apples to apples.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":ucc2f33t said:
Chapow - Do not assume to know anythign about me. I used to be 300+ lbs and have worked very hard to accomplish my goals of being healthy.

In the Videos on that page you can clearly see his level of vascularity and how soft he looks. A muscle while its being used engorges itself with blood and gets what is termed a "pump" leaving it bigger then normal. In these training videos he is incredibly softer and you clearly refused to read or comprehend the extensive logical agruement I posted yesterday. That is your loss.
So it's your expert opinion that an athlete cannot be at his quickest / fastest, unless / until his muscles are fully "PUMPED"? LOL
Chapow made a good point, Russell Wilson had been training last Year, to build muscle, maximize his "Core Strength" and "Speed".
Anyone proclaiming that they could tell that RW was visibly SLOWER before he got hurt is quite simply, full of malarkey.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RW was slower at Training Camp last year.

Slower in preseason.

Slower after injuries.

We want quick-Russ back.

Go Hawks.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Maybe Pete Carroll instructed RW to play bigger last year knowing the online was going to be awful? Just as he said about Eddie Lacy. I want him big!

Sent from my HTC 10 via the Coconut Wireless

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawaiiD":4y8wixhu said:
Maybe Pete Carroll instructed RW to play bigger last year knowing the online was going to be awful? Just as he said about Eddie Lacy. I want him big!

Sent from my HTC 10 via the Coconut Wireless

Could be but in the end he got bigger muscle not fat. Maybe it made his slower maybe not, but given he got hurt the very first game and was hurt all year it really does not matter. But given he had 3 big injuries, the whole big or not really os moot. Heck for all we know if he had not gotten bigger those injuries might have been worse.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3e57gbp2 said:
Anthony!":3e57gbp2 said:

You forgot to even out the argument with "He Was Playing With INJURIES ALL SEASON LONG" that would have a lot to do with any falling off of production by ANY Quarterback...Even a TOP FIVE QB like Russell Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3dajoxhu said:

Slower in preseason.

Slower after injuries.

We want quick-Russ back.

Go Hawks.
Keep touting that he was slower BEFORE being injured, it still doesn't make it the truth.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":31gs3gl4 said:
semiahmoo":31gs3gl4 said:

Slower in preseason.

Slower after injuries.

We want quick-Russ back.

Go Hawks.
Keep touting that he was slower BEFORE being injured, it still doesn't make it the truth.

Not only do I agree, I brought this up on page 1 of the discussion. With the injury happening game 1, there is no way to prove he was slower to start the season because it really only shows up in game situations. Anyone using that as a base to make their point would be better served finding another route to prove their point IMO.

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1tjptdj8 said:
RiverDog":1tjptdj8 said:
Anthony!":1tjptdj8 said:

You forgot to even out the argument with "He Was Playing With INJURIES ALL SEASON LONG" that would have a lot to do with any falling off of production by ANY Quarterback...Even a TOP FIVE QB like Russell Wilson.

He left it out on purpose

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3mol1c74 said:
semiahmoo":3mol1c74 said:

Slower in preseason.

Slower after injuries.

We want quick-Russ back.

Go Hawks.

But it does support his agenda, even if he can't prove it.

Jville

Reaction score
I find all this overblown preoccupation with quarterback details and speculation amusing.

A sight to behold is that of a pack of hungry defenders attacking and beating the crap out of a quarterback. The bonus is watching snowflakes, that think the game consists of dueling quarterbacks with a cast of extras, go thru a full blown melt down when their idols are knocked off their pedestals.

toffee

Reaction score
I don't think RW will allow himself to be fat, but I pray that RW does not allow himself to be too jacked. Gaining a large amount of muscle in a short time period will affect his form which will lead to accuracy problems. huge muscle mass will also made him less quick in his throwing motion.

In the end, I am hoping for a lean and mean RW. He is a QB not a body builder.