Forget The Exodus

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seahawker76":2xh1h9ll said:
If we want to Challenge the Ram's and have a shot at the playoffs, it's not about RW, the OLine, Schotty, KNJr or bad officiating. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ROOKIES. In order to reach double digit wins and be competitive in the playoffs our rookies will need to play at a level which would surely place them as the best first year draft class in the history of the franchise. Early signs show some encouraging possibilities.

Dissly needs to be our block all, catch all, do all saviour.
R. Green will have to combine with Frank Clark to generate some consistent QB pressure.
Poona Ford has to be our wildcard run stopper, to the point of being one of the best UDFA's in the league.
Dickson needs to be the probowl punter he seems to be and punt less.
Penny must morph into the NFL and show us the SDS tape wasn't smoke & mirrors.

Having that all come together this season would be the tallest of orders from a group of rookies, but not impossible.
With some patience and growing pains I can see much of this happening making this an exciting season.
That said, some inspiring special teams play from Griffin and Tre Flowers stepping up his game at CB mid-late season would be extra, extra icing on a pretty damn big cake.
In 2019 our young stable of players will be seasoned with crucial experience and JS will be armed with a ton of cap room & another charge of picks. That my friends will be when the cherries are dumped upon the top of the cake.
A Seahawk blue cake.
I disagree, this season is going to be 100 percent on Russell Wilson. This team is not that great as a whole. We have a bunch of holes on defense that won't be getting patched up this season. Wilson is going to have to be the carry lord, the Atlas of the team so to speak.