Former Hawks visit practice

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So what would you offer as an explanation for their presence in Wilson's absence? Just an odd coincidence that it appears to be happening much more often now?
I’m not John but I did give the explanation. But I can repeat it…
Sherm was playing football on another team, Avril never left, Lynch came out of retirement to play alongside Russ and signed on before the trade to work with the organization. Even Kam has been around.

This talking point is weak.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I’m not John but I did give the explanation. But I can repeat it…
Sherm was playing football on another team, Avril never left, Lynch came out of retirement to play alongside Russ and signed on before the trade to work with the organization. Even Kam has been around.

This talking point is weak.
Cool. That's one opinion. Thanks. I was asking for a specific person's reasoning. Yours has been noted.

Certainly not taking it like the gospel truth you are presenting it as. As if the thread should be closed now. What's weak is trying to pretend that everything was completely cool between Wilson and teammates. Just my opinion - but since we're throwing those around as 100% truth - there you go.

John63

Reaction score
So what would you offer as an explanation for their presence in Wilson's absence? Just an odd coincidence that it appears to be happening much more often now?
Some of them have been present while Wilson was here too. Kam has been out to practice Avril and others while Wilson was here. Sherman was still playing so he could not. Lynch came back to play with Wilson. so this truthfully is a none story except for those that need more anti-Wilson BS.

Last edited:

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Some of them have been present while Wilson was here too. Kam has been out to p[ractices Avril and others while Wilson was here. Sherman was still playing so he could not. Lynch came back to play with Wilson. so this truthfully is a none story except for those that need more anti-Wilson BS.
Cool. Thanks. So are you of the opinion that Wilson's relationships with all of them has been all good?

John63

Reaction score
Cool. That's one opinion. Thanks. I was asking for a specific person's reasoning. Yours has been noted.

Certainly not taking it like the gospel truth you are presenting it as. As if the thread should be closed now. What's weak is trying to pretend that everything was completely cool between Wilson and teammates. Just my opinion - but since we're throwing those around as 100% truth - there you go.
So here is another way to look at it, let's say they did not come around because of Wilson even though the facts show that's not true. Let's say that's why. So they put their own personal issues ahead of the team and of course, you are okay with it when it is them. Like I said taking a non-story and twisting it to be something that it's not while ignoring facts shows it is not a story. There is no team where everyone likes everyone and gets along.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LOl amazing how some can turn anything into an anti-Wilson rant and even funnier how easily some believe it.
And downright hilarious how some are still denying that for some strange reason, that the MOMENT Russ Leaves, MULTIPLE PLAYERS RETURN, seemingly in SUPPORT FOR PETE CARROLL AND THE SEAHAWKS ORGANIZATION....COINCIDENCE??? HELL to the >NO< Johnny.... Oh yeah......"Lol"

John63

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. So are you of the opinion that Wilson's relationships with all of them has been all good?
That is irrelevant to this conversation. The question was are they coming back because Wilson is gone? The answer is factually no, as those that could do even when Wilson was here and those that did not could not as they were still playing.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
So here is another way to look at it, let's say they did not come around because of Wilson even though the facts show that's not true. Let's say that's why. So they put their own personal issues ahead of the team and of course, you are okay with it when it is them. Like I said taking a non-sotry and twisting it to be something that it's not while ignoring facts shows it is not a story.
This is fun.

The only "facts" you presented are that some of these players have stepped foot in the building while Wilson was still there. That proves nothing. The amount of time that they've been around the team, the facility, and the players together lately seems like a "fact" worth noting.

I'm trying to follow the "let's say..." game we're playing. How did these players - who were not playing on the team - put themselves ahead of the team in a way that negatively impacted the team by not coming around? The issues with Wilson doing that are legit because he was an actual member of the team.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
That is irrelevant to this conversation. The question was are they coming back because Wilson is gone? The answer is factually no, as those that could do even when Wilson was here and those that did not could not as they were still playing.
Wilson was here last year and Lynch wasn’t playing, how come Lynch wasn’t coming by then? How do you explain that?

John63

Reaction score
This is fun.

The only "facts" you presented are that some of these players have stepped foot in the building while Wilson was still there. That proves nothing. The amount of time that they've been around the team, the facility, and the players together lately seems like a "fact" worth noting.

I'm trying to follow the "let's say..." game we're playing. How did these players - who were not playing on the team - put themselves ahead of the team in a way that negatively impacted the team by not coming around? The issues with Wilson doing that are legit because he was an actual member of the team.
Actually, it proves the point people are saying that players are only coming because Wilson is not there. Yet we know that Avril and Kam have come to practices numerous times while Wilson was there. SO it proves that the thought that its only because Wilson is not here is wrong. as they did it while he was here.

"It's interesting that all these guys came back AFTER Lil Russell vacated the building." this is factually wrong. as ex-players came around while Wilson was here as well, they attended practice and even helped current players. Lynch came back to play with Wilson. As to your response to my let's say it makes no sense at all, so I will ignore it.

So again it is factually incorrect to think that former players are only coming around because Wilson is gone, as priors player did it while he was here too.

It seems you only want to acknowledge facts that support your narrative.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Actually, it proves the point people are saying that players are only coming because Wilson is not there. Yet we know that Avril and Kam have come to practices numerous times while Wilson was there. SO it proves that the thought that its only because Wilson is not here is wrong. as they did it while he was here.

"It's interesting that all these guys came back AFTER Lil Russell vacated the building." this is factually wrong. as ex-players came around while Wilson was here as well, they attended practice and even helped current players. Lynch came back to play with Wilson. As to your response to my let's say it makes no sense at all, so I will ignore it.

So again it is factually incorrect to think that former players are only coming around because Wilson is gone, as priors player did it while he was here too.

It seems you only want to acknowledge facts that support your narrative.
Who said this Wilson's absence was the "only" reason. Could it not b "a" reason.

Also - I'm not making sense. Let's look back at YOUR words.
And I quote " let's say they did not come around because of Wilson even though the facts show that's not true. Let's say that's why. So they put their own personal issues ahead of the team and of course, you are okay with it when it is them"

You said - let's pretend they weren't coming around because of Wilson = that meant they were putting their personal issues ahead of the team. I simply asked - how were they putting their personal issues ahead of the team if they weren't coming around when they weren't on the team. That would in no way impact the team. Now - Wilson's putting his issues with people ahead of the team while he was playing on the team - that would impact the team.

Your "let's say" scenario made 0 sense.

Look - in the end you are never going to convince me that these players who likely had issues with Russ do not now feel a greater freedom and comfort around the facility and team with him gone.

John63

Reaction score
Who said this Wilson's absence was the "only" reason. Could it not b "a" reason.

Also - I'm not making sense. Let's look back at YOUR words.
And I quote " let's say they did not come around because of Wilson even though the facts show that's not true. Let's say that's why. So they put their own personal issues ahead of the team and of course, you are okay with it when it is them"

You said - let's pretend they weren't coming around because of Wilson = that meant they were putting their personal issues ahead of the team. I simply asked - how were they putting their personal issues ahead of the team if they weren't coming around when they weren't on the team. That would in no way impact the team. Now - Wilson's putting his issues with people ahead of the team while he was playing on the team - that would impact the team.

Your "let's say" scenario made 0 sense.

Look - in the end you are never going to convince me that these players who likely had issues with Russ do not now feel a greater freedom and comfort around the facility and team with him gone.
Again this is irrelevant as former players came by and attended and helped at practice while Wilson was here and Lynch came back to play with Wilson. The rest is just noise.

In the end, you are never going to convince me either, and nor is there any proof Wilson not being here has anything to do with it. But please feel free to make it into something there is no proof of.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think they want the young guys to see what true leadership and professionalism is all about...didnt get that from the guy who is more concerned about selling perfume and t shirts...

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I think they want the young guys to see what true leadership and professionalism is all about...didnt get that from the guy who is more concerned about selling perfume and t shirts...
Agreed. It's all part of this. Whether it's about personal issues that players may have had with the guy who is no longer here - or simply that the coaching staff has the freedom to increase the presence of some of this veteran leadership because there's no more ego to upset or bruise - there's more to this that some are willing to admit.

The fact is the guy who didn't want to be here is gone - and there are ex-players who still want to be around the organization and are here. Guess who I'm going to choose to support and talk about?

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Again this is irrelevant as former players came by and attended and helped at practice while Wilson was here and Lynch came back to play with Wilson. The rest is just noise.

In the end, you are never going to convince me either, and nor is there any proof Wilson not being here has anything to do with it. But please feel free to make it into something there is no proof of.
Still fun.

What's irrelevant? Your "let's say" experiment? Good. I'm glad we finally put that to rest.

All you have - All you keep implying - is that some ex-players hung around when RW was here and so that proves that they loved hanging out with the everyone - including RW. How can you possibly know that as "fact"? That's what your hanging your hat on as your irrefutable proof.

Could they not have been here despite Wilson? Because they actually care about the team more than any potential issues with him? None of this has ever been about players never ever stepping foot into the facility around the team and now they are. It is about what seems to be a noticeable increase in the occurrence in conjunction with a certain change that has recently occurred.

Last edited:

Donn2390

Reaction score
Some of them have been present while Wilson was here too. Kam has been out to practice Avril and others while Wilson was here. Sherman was still playing so he could not. Lynch came back to play with Wilson. so this truthfully is a none story except for those that need more anti-Wilson BS.
I believe that Lynch came back to play with/for the Seahawks, Wilson just happened to be on the team at the time..

Own The West

Reaction score
I like that the Shem clip was him specifically talking to Woolen and Bryant. I'm sure he was giving Woolen whatever 'tells' he had for Russ after playing against him for 10 years...