Former Seahawk John Moffitt....

TwilightError

Reaction score
Not playing for one more year and setting himself up financially seemed like an idealistic move, but now it seems that he probably was just out of it and not thinking straight... Very sad. Moffitt seems like a great guy, obviously troubled though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Moffitt is a bit of an enigma. He seems like a fish out of water at times. I tweeted back and forth with his father at one point, and what he told me seems to make sense out of what is happening now. I commented that he sure has a trim-and-proper look compared to that of his son, but it turns out he was quite the hippie back in the day. He told me he'd been though the entire gamut including Woodstock. I think Moffett is taking a similar path, but hopefully he doesn't get lost along the way. That conversation also makes sense of why such a young dude is a devout Jim Morrison fan. :mrgreen: It's cool to worship Dad, but I hope he realizes it's time to stop.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":eq76md67 said:
kigenzun":eq76md67 said:
I will always be mad that we drafted this goofball, instead of UW's Mason Foster with that 3rd Round pick a few years back.

???

Mason Foster has not exactly had a stellar career, and I wouldn't take him over a single LB on our roster.

Just sayin' I wanted the Husky, not the Badger, at that particular time. Remember, if you will, this was before KJ Wright and Malcom Smith, before Bruce Irvin and Bobby Wagner. We needed a LB (or2) and IMO Mason Foster would have excelled as a Seahawk, 'cuz he was pretty good at that particular moment in time.

I remember watching the draft and jumping up off the couch going "No No NO No NO! Who the f*** is John Moffitt?" I thought the Buccaneers were wise picking Foster in that self same 3rd Round. Perhaps, in retrospect they were.

Go Huskies. Go Hawks.

Attachments

• Mason Foster Career Stats.jpg
    Mason Foster Career Stats.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,878

ivotuk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wzcv14z said:
Since when in the hell are people not responsible for their own actions? SMH.

Yeah, this should never be a question. Whether he is a drug addict or not, he is responsible for his actions at all times. As are drunks who keep killing kids, AND as are self-absorbed assholes who think their cell phone conversation is more important than a pedestrians life. I had a friend get hit in the pedestrian crossing lane by a driver on their cell phone when the light for the driver was red, the driver got out and started yelling at my friend...unbelievable.

Everyone is responsible for their actions, no matter the situation. But that's an argument for a different forum.

John needs to do his time, and get clean while he's doing it. Hopefully he doesn't get out of jail and go right back to it...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":y9gr3nuw said:
RolandDeschain":y9gr3nuw said:

Yeah, this should never be a question. Whether he is a drug addict or not, he is responsible for his actions at all times. As are drunks who keep killing kids, AND as are self-absorbed assholes who think their cell phone conversation is more important than a pedestrians life. I had a friend get hit in the pedestrian crossing lane by a driver on their cell phone when the light for the driver was red, the driver got out and started yelling at my friend...unbelievable.

Everyone is responsible for their actions, no matter the situation. But that's an argument for a different forum.

John needs to do his time, and get clean while he's doing it. Hopefully he doesn't get out of jail and go right back to it...

753773d1358408534-ebay-rockshox-revelation-426-leaking-oil-correctamundo.jpg

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Disappointing, John. Pay for your mistakes and learn from them. I hope you get better.

RolandDeschain":28y8g9p7 said:

He was arrested and charged. He is being held responsible for his actions.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":k37i9hc9 said:
He was arrested and charged. He is being held responsible for his actions.
That remains to be seen. (Conviction would be being held accountable.)

Seeker

Reaction score
Last played with the broncos.

not our problem.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Looks like my theory that Moffitt was the team's source for Adderall may not be so farfetched now.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Not only was he essentially guaranteed to win a superbowl ring (if not Seahawks, then with Broncos), but he threw away a rare opportunity to earn a few millions in his relatively young age.

All for what? Some short-sighted fun and thrills. This is not a one-time "mistake"; he knew what he was doing and he did it anyways...just like the time he urinated in public in Bellevue.

The upside is that I most likely will not have to listen to his tiresome commentary on 710 AM anymore.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anyone that followed Moffitt on Twitter can tell you that he wasn't entirely a stable person. A LOT of incoherent ramblings and rants.

So this doesn't surprise me. Maybe the drugs part does, but not getting into fights and stuff.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Weird, seemed like a good guy on the rob report. Never would have guessed this.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kaiser":bakj544r said:
Weird, seemed like a good guy on the rob report. Never would have guessed this.
He was a total clown that took nothing seriously on the Real Rob Report; you're surprised that seems to carry over outside of football? :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
At least new we know why Moffitt picked his nose and ate it. There was some coke in those boogers.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a hater, cause Moffit seemed like a nice guy, but I never found him as funny and entertaining a TV/radio personality as others in the media and on this site claimed he was. Perhaps he was much funnier in private than in his public talks. I can understand giving up football for a safer occupation that you like more such as football commentator, but don't get why you would give up millions to earn thousands as a small-time drug dealer.