Fox NFL crew - Tells it like it is.

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson can definitely lead this team to a Lombardi as a focal point, when the Seahawks run a quick hit up tempo offense they have success and with this o-line that is the only way to have success. They can not stay in the same type of pound the rock and use play action for big plays because this offensive line does not allow for it, we are rushing for 2 yards a carry. We have to adjust to the personnel that we have and not force feed players into a scheme that they do not fit.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ilevzt8t said:
That's because Lynch was our offence...everyone else just climbed on his back. We have not replaced that here
Yes. Correst.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SchadyHawk":1tckl3kl said:
Russell Wilson can definitely lead this team to a Lombardi as a focal point, when the Seahawks run a quick hit up tempo offense they have success and with this o-line that is the only way to have success. They can not stay in the same type of pound the rock and use play action for big plays because this offensive line does not allow for it, we are rushing for 2 yards a carry. We have to adjust to the personnel that we have and not force feed players into a scheme that they do not fit.

51YZC94DSPL SY300 QL70

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":5uj004qh said:
"What was the identity of their Superbowl teams? Run the football and play defense. They've gone away from it."

"Throwing tje football 49 times is not what you want out of Russell Wilson. You want to run the football and let Russell Wilson make plays with his legs and extend drives and keep that defense off the field."

"That defense is wearing down in the 2nd halves due to being on the field so much."

Now, we obviously had to pass the ball a lot since the mid 3rd, but up until then we were still passing the ball too much. The belief of Russell Wilson, however, has changed this team and not for the better. WILSON IS NOT THE SEAHAWKS. Wilson's needing to prove this or that shouldn't cost the team their winning identity, but it very clearly has.

We are no longer those Seahawks. We are now Russell Wilson's Seahawks. Congrats! You got your wish. We can win the next 11 games and make the playoffs, but we will win no more superbowl games as a passing, all about RW offense.

Vin, let me start by saying I always enjoy your posts, you come across as a quality football mind, but you have an unhealthy obsession with Russell Wilson. Wilson was hot garbage in the first quarter +, but this loss was so far removed from his responsibility that he should be the last topic of discussion after this catastrophe of a game.

I've always been amazed by the general consensus that the Seahawks were a product of Marshawns heroics but somehow leave out that 700 plus of those league leading rushing yards were produced on the back of Russell. I am not a Russell apologist. He's got some work to do to be in that top 5 group in my opinion.

But as a fan base intimately aquatinted with this team, I think it's lazy to act like Marshawn was the entirety of our offensive production and we can't win any other way.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":3h85ug9g said:
vin.couve12":3h85ug9g said:
"What was the identity of their Superbowl teams? Run the football and play defense. They've gone away from it."

"Throwing tje football 49 times is not what you want out of Russell Wilson. You want to run the football and let Russell Wilson make plays with his legs and extend drives and keep that defense off the field."

"That defense is wearing down in the 2nd halves due to being on the field so much."

Now, we obviously had to pass the ball a lot since the mid 3rd, but up until then we were still passing the ball too much. The belief of Russell Wilson, however, has changed this team and not for the better. WILSON IS NOT THE SEAHAWKS. Wilson's needing to prove this or that shouldn't cost the team their winning identity, but it very clearly has.

We are no longer those Seahawks. We are now Russell Wilson's Seahawks. Congrats! You got your wish. We can win the next 11 games and make the playoffs, but we will win no more superbowl games as a passing, all about RW offense.

Vin, let me start by saying I always enjoy your posts, you come across as a quality football mind, but you have an unhealthy obsession with Russell Wilson. Wilson was hot garbage in the first quarter +, but this loss was so far removed from his responsibility that he should be the last topic of discussion after this catastrophe of a game.

I've always been amazed by the general consensus that the Seahawks were a product of Marshawns heroics but somehow leave out that 700 plus of those league leading rushing yards were produced on the back of Russell. I am not a Russell apologist. He's got some work to do to be in that top 5 group in my opinion.

But as a fan base intimately aquatinted with this team, I think it's lazy to act like Marshawn was the entirety of our offensive production and we can't win any other way.

Not to mention when Lynch was hurt and the offense went on a historic run.

sdog1981

Reaction score
That is pure BS. The team comes out of the half and scores a TD to make it 14-9 then the defense gave up three straight TD drives to the Titans. That is not the defense getting worn down that is just bad defense. Both teams were 4/14 on 3rd down the Seahawks ran 72 plays vs the Titans 67. The Seahawks had more first downs than the Titans. The defense just played like pure trash in the second half.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":qq3qqqm1 said:
There was a belief that this team needed to make a transition from a team that was lead by Lynch and the Defense, to a team that was led by Wilson.

At some point, the coaches bought into that too.

Some of the Seahawks were tired of Lynch's 'antics' but ultimately enough was leaking out about there being a Lynch faction and Wilson faction (which I think the staff was pushing) that ultimately either Lynch left or was pushed out.

A lot of the Seahawk fans and staff were excited to see what happened once it was 'Wilson's team' but I think they figured out that Wilson can help a team tremendously, but he cannot carry a team. He will never be Aaron Rodgers-ish, more like McNabb instead of Young. And I think they finally realized this, hence the Richardson trade.

(Can you imagine how god awful this team would be WITHOUT Richardson this year? Yikes)

Wilson isn't the answer but he is what we got. So maybe we have to figure out how to win with what we got.

I will mention that the Bengals fired their OC and suddenly started scoring. Maybe we need to start figuring out how to bring in an OC that does more with less instead of focusing on what we don't have on offense, forcing square pegs into round holes and sticking with our OC that less with less. Maybe under another OC, Wilson might do much better?

Great post.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1umhvdsk said:
That is pure BS. The team comes out of the half and scores a TD to make it 14-9 then the defense gave up three straight TD drives to the Titans. That is not the defense getting worn down that is just bad defense. Both teams were 4/14 on 3rd down the Seahawks ran 72 plays vs the Titans 67. The Seahawks had more first downs than the Titans. The defense just played like pure trash in the second half.

But the Defense played 20 minutes in the first half at 90 degrees and hotter than that on the field. They were gassed while our Offense was nearly dormant until the last 5 minutes of the 1st half.

But we certainly saw sparks of what the O can do; they were fun to watch in the 2nd half. We just need to run the ball interspersed between the hurry-up passing game. That combination would certainly keep the D on it's heels.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1geln8lx said:
sdog1981":1geln8lx said:

But the Defense played 20 minutes in the first half at 90 degrees and hotter than that on the field. They were gassed while our Offense was nearly dormant until the last 5 minutes of the 1st half.

But we certainly saw sparks of what the O can do; they were fun to watch in the 2nd half. We just need to run the ball interspersed between the hurry-up passing game. That combination would certainly keep the D on it's heels.

They were worn out in the Green Bay game, not this game. TOP 32:41 vs 27:19. Giving up TD's of 55 yards and 75 yards is bad defense the Titans needed 10 plays to score 21 points. So no the defense was awful in the 3rd QTR. The last time they were this bad in one qtr was against the Falcons at home last season and they gave up 21 points in that 3rd qtr too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sdog1981":jzzzp37q said:
Ad Hawk":jzzzp37q said:
sdog1981":jzzzp37q said:

They were worn out in the Green Bay game, not this game. TOP 32:41 vs 27:19. Giving up TD's of 55 yards and 75 yards is bad defense the Titans needed 10 plays to score 21 points. So no the defense was awful in the 3rd QTR. The last time they were this bad in one qtr was against the Falcons at home last season and they gave up 21 points in that 3rd qtr too.

So does everyone who thinks the defense is the problem really believe being on the field 2/3rds of the first half, in 100+ degree weather, is irrelevant?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
It's not irrelevant, it's just not the end of the story. Giving up a 55 yard screen pass td after almost 30 min rest did not come across as fatigue when I watched it. Poor tackling and some poor angles looked to be at least a part of the problem. Some of the most epic games have seen Defenses rise up after playing more minutes.

sdog1981

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2w897uu3 said:
So does everyone who thinks the defense is the problem really believe being on the field 2/3rds of the first half, in 100+ degree weather, is irrelevant?

In this case yes it is irrelevant. If the Titans put together 10 play drives pounding the Hawks I would expect them to collapse. BUT no they were on the field for 10 plays they gave up 2 points per play. That is bad defense, bad tackling, and bad pursuit angles.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2cksfe91 said:
sdog1981":2cksfe91 said:
Ad Hawk":2cksfe91 said:
sdog1981":2cksfe91 said:

So does everyone who thinks the defense is the problem really think being on the field 2/3rds of the first half in 100+ degree weather irrelevant?

We gave up over 30 points. If they want to chest pound about how they are the Alpha and Omega of this team ( ET "we are used to it"), I'd a appreciate it if they would shut up and start playing football.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
I hear a lot of comments suggesting we need to run more, and I just don't think that's the way the team is built. This isn't the same offense that won the super-bowl, it's significantly weaker on the line (especially in the run-game) and somewhat weaker at RB and FB. The investments the team has made up-front have primarily been to improve the pass-game.

I'd like to see some more read-option and other players that take advantage of Russ's skill-set, but the team simply isn't built to play the run-first style we had with Lynch.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Remove four drops from this game, three by Paul Richardson, and we are once again probably not having this conversation.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":297pof7m said:
I hear a lot of comments suggesting we need to run more, and I just don't think that's the way the team is built. This isn't the same offense that won the super-bowl, it's significantly weaker on the line (especially in the run-game) and somewhat weaker at RB and FB. The investments the team has made up-front have primarily been to improve the pass-game.

I'd like to see some more read-option and other players that take advantage of Russ's skill-set, but the team simply isn't built to play the run-first style we had with Lynch.

Im with you on that thought. It is like the team is trying to make a sandwich with noodles, it can be done but it will not hold together like it should.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We had some amazing FBs back then. We don't now.

It matters.

But the honest answer to why we aren't doing better is because we are not as good. The Titans are better than us.

The days of being a better team than whoever we play are over.

pottyp

Reaction score
sdog1981":d4i84o67 said:
That is pure BS. The team comes out of the half and scores a TD to make it 14-9 then the defense gave up three straight TD drives to the Titans. That is not the defense getting worn down that is just bad defense... The defense just played like pure trash in the second half.

winner winner chicken dinner!

hate the loss and there's blame to go around, but how can we blame the O (and relying on russell specifically) when the D gives up 33? whatever ur bogartin, pass it along.

Josea16

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2x7kslqu said:
We do not have a good enough RB or other personnel to be a run first team.

And when we were a run first team, we were read option. Not sure where that went.
Wrong we have two possibly three running backs here right now that could carry this team with an average ZBS line or a below average power blocking scheme tthat also is a decent passpro OL. Guess we have the second option already and probably better.

But I expect more of the same due to Pete and Pete only, due to arrogance, stupidity and stubborness. He's the only coach I can imagine actually making a 12-14 win team into a 5-7 win team overnight. He's well on his way currently.