Fox NFL crew - Tells it like it is.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Josea16":viag6fhj said:
TwistedHusky":viag6fhj said:
We do not have a good enough RB or other personnel to be a run first team.

And when we were a run first team, we were read option. Not sure where that went.
Wrong we have two possibly three running back here right now that could carry this team with average ZBS line or a below average power blocking scheme tthat also is a decent passpro OL. Guess we have the second option already and probably better.

But I expect more of the same due to Pete and Pete only arrogance, stupidity and stubborness. He's the only coach I can imagine actually making a 12-14 win team into a 5-7 win team overnight. He's well on his way currently.

I agree Carson is legit. The kid runs strong and is a solid receiver as well.

Coaching has been and remains terrible but now our D is also older/whinier and so the team is overall as weak as it's been in quite some time.

Josea16

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3hjftbbk said:
Josea16":3hjftbbk said:
TwistedHusky":3hjftbbk said:

And when we were a run first team, we were read option. Not sure where that went.
Wrong we have two possibly three running back here right now that could carry this team with average ZBS line or a below average power blocking scheme tthat also is a decent passpro OL. Guess we have the second option already and probably better.

But I expect more of the same due to Pete and Pete only arrogance, stupidity and stubborness. He's the only coach I can imagine actually making a 12-14 win team into a 5-7 win team overnight. He's well on his way currently.

I agree Carson is legit. The kid runs strong and is a solid receiver as well.

Coaching has been and remains terrible but now our D is also older/whinier and so the team is overall as weak as it's been in quite some time.
If we could get 100 legitimate rushing yards a game our defense would be fine. They are aging though and it's why they'll try like hell to extend Richardson and hope McDowell is right next year and rebuild the DL inside to outside, dump Avril, Bennett, Graham, Sherm and Lane on the player side then make a decision about Pete if he refuses to overhaul the coaching staff beyond Clint Hurdle.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Unless this season truly turns around (and that seems unlikely at this point but I pray it does) Pete is gone.

He might already have a foot halfway out the door - his choice.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
pottyp":8zyufcnm said:
sdog1981":8zyufcnm said:
That is pure BS. The team comes out of the half and scores a TD to make it 14-9 then the defense gave up three straight TD drives to the Titans. That is not the defense getting worn down that is just bad defense... The defense just played like pure trash in the second half.

winner winner chicken dinner!

hate the loss and there's blame to go around, but how can we blame the O (and relying on russell specifically) when the D gives up 33? whatever ur bogartin, pass it along.

I really think some of you guys missed the whole first half, forgot about it or are just plain ignoring it. It was 6-0 Tennessee until about 1:15 before the half. I am not happy with how the Defense played in the second half either but to paint the offense as the victim this game is delusional.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3sn29z1h said:
pottyp":3sn29z1h said:
sdog1981":3sn29z1h said:
That is pure BS. The team comes out of the half and scores a TD to make it 14-9 then the defense gave up three straight TD drives to the Titans. That is not the defense getting worn down that is just bad defense... The defense just played like pure trash in the second half.

winner winner chicken dinner!

hate the loss and there's blame to go around, but how can we blame the O (and relying on russell specifically) when the D gives up 33? whatever ur bogartin, pass it along.

I really think some of you guys missed the whole first half, forgot about it or are just plain ignoring it. It was 6-0 Tennessee until about 1:15 before the half. I am not happy with how the Defense played in the second half either but to paint the offense as the victim this game is delusional.

Ahh come on man. We can't talk about how 60 + percent of salary is defense, this entire team has been predicated on defense first, yet we are mad because the offense didn't score 34+? The offense failed us last year against Arizona. It wasn't even close to a failure today.

Josea16

Reaction score
semia8hmoo":21dnn6k1 said:
Unless this season truly turns around (and that seems unlikely at this point but I pray it does) Pete is gone.

He might already have a foot halfway out the door - his choice.
Starting to think this as well especially if he doesn't start rebuilding this team around Wilson. Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Oakland, Kansas City, Rams, Detroit among others are going that way or have and are seriously successful. So yes it's time to decide which direction to go all in. Since we have the quarterback that direction should be VERY OBVIOUS.

You don't ever go 65/35 in any direction like they have that's what bad teams do. The cap should be around 60/40 or slightly less in your preferred direction offense or defense for your cap allocation. And if you insist on paying your defense 60-65% of your cap just trade Wilson and roll with Austin Davis. The madness has to stop and heads have to roll hopefully by next year.

mikeak

Reaction score
The first 9 2/3 quarters played this year has limited what RW is allowed to do on the field

The last 2 1/3 quarters let him roll, take over the game and get into rhythm

Now go look up when we are scoring and when we are not

mikeak

Reaction score
sdog1981":10gjp8a5 said:
seahawkfreak":10gjp8a5 said:
So does everyone who thinks the defense is the problem really believe being on the field 2/3rds of the first half, in 100+ degree weather, is irrelevant?

In this case yes it is irrelevant. If the Titans put together 10 play drives pounding the Hawks I would expect them to collapse. BUT no they were on the field for 10 plays they gave up 2 points per play. That is bad defense, bad tackling, and bad pursuit angles.

They started with three straight three and outs. Which of course we matched

In the end the 20 min the defense played the first half was due to the offense

Tennessee wore them down then ran all over them in second half

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":3o3ek1uy said:
sdog1981":3o3ek1uy said:
seahawkfreak":3o3ek1uy said:
So does everyone who thinks the defense is the problem really believe being on the field 2/3rds of the first half, in 100+ degree weather, is irrelevant?

In this case yes it is irrelevant. If the Titans put together 10 play drives pounding the Hawks I would expect them to collapse. BUT no they were on the field for 10 plays they gave up 2 points per play. That is bad defense, bad tackling, and bad pursuit angles.

If our defense was finished at halftime due to fatigue, they don't deserve the salaries they get. I refuse to believe it. How humiliating that thought is.

Seymour

Reaction score
Now Wilson is not even a franchise QB? Good god, where does it end? Wilson started out slow, and flat out pissed me off the 2nd overthrow, but he came back strong and gave us a shot. The O puts up 27 on the road and we lose and people want to rip Russell and the O? Ridiculous. Follow the money. The D collapsed after the O got going. Keep signing older players and not replacing them with fresh players and the late Q collapses will continue. That is why we lost here, not on the O this week. Ya, they gave up the usual half game playing Pete Ball, but they did enough to win also.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":2fbcaumo said:
mikeak":2fbcaumo said:
sdog1981":2fbcaumo said:
seahawkfreak":2fbcaumo said:

If our defense was finished at halftime due to fatigue, they don't deserve the salaries they get. I refuse to believe it. How humiliating that thought is.
This. If they are done after 20 minutes of actual time on the field then thats a problem.

renofox

Reaction score
mikeak":2igmc0m8 said:

At the point the Seahawks took a 14-9 lead, TOP was ~20:00 Titans vs. ~15:00 Seahawks, and the defense had halftime plus a 5:00 Seahawk possession to rest.

They then allowed 3 consecutive touchdown drives, at which point the game was effectively over.

If a 20:00 to 15:00 possession advantage for the other team causes you to fold, you cannot be considered a good defensive unit, much less an elite one.

With the amount of money (especially as a % of salary cap) these guys are making, they should be embarrassed by this level of performance.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":mgiuhvmq said:

We have a shit O-Line when it comes to the Run game.
Pete has been trying to reestablish his Run First mantra, the imbalance is obviously putting the load on Russell Wilson to try and carry it off.
Proof is in how the Offense isn't totally crapping the bed when Wilson goes into the "Hurry Up Offense", it's obviously unsustainable because the O-Line is still crap when it comes to Pass Protection.
It's pretty hard to find your targets when you're having to run for your life on 90% of the snaps.
It didn't help when Britt hiked the grounders at RW's feet, or when Wilson wasn't even expecting the ball to be snapped.
Too much regression, too much time for the Defense to be on the field, t's hard for them to maintain containment when they are out of gas.
Didn't help that RS lost his cool with the Officials either.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":18zuklo6 said:
I think this analysis is lazy and false

I get the gist of it...we were a power running team blah blah blah. But much has changed since then, including some members on defense.

And I completely disagree. Russell Wilson is the IT player on that offense. The Seahawks need to stop being confused and establish once and for all this is Russell's team. Invest in him and the O-line, similar to what the Seahawks did with Big Ben. With a good O-line around Wilson we're 3-0 easily. He IS the key, and we need to stop deluding ourselves into thinking someone will replace the mystique of Lynch
Right you are.... WITHOUT ML in the second half of 2015, Wilson PROVED himself as the leader...Time to give him an O-Line that can BLOCK at least SOME of the attack dogs.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I mean they can't run block. They can't do it. All of us, fans, coaches, players, media, would love to see the ultra physical Hawks of old running it down team's throats, BUT THEY CANT DO IT. So cry all you want about how their identity is lost, it is. But if this team ran it the same percentage of plays as they used to I'm not sure they get more than 4 first downs a game. They can't run block so they can't run the ball.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":2e1nd8es said:
vin.couve12":2e1nd8es said:
"What was the identity of their Superbowl teams? Run the football and play defense. They've gone away from it."

"Throwing tje football 49 times is not what you want out of Russell Wilson. You want to run the football and let Russell Wilson make plays with his legs and extend drives and keep that defense off the field."

"That defense is wearing down in the 2nd halves due to being on the field so much."

Now, we obviously had to pass the ball a lot since the mid 3rd, but up until then we were still passing the ball too much. The belief of Russell Wilson, however, has changed this team and not for the better. WILSON IS NOT THE SEAHAWKS. Wilson's needing to prove this or that shouldn't cost the team their winning identity, but it very clearly has.

We are no longer those Seahawks. We are now Russell Wilson's Seahawks. Congrats! You got your wish. We can win the next 11 games and make the playoffs, but we will win no more superbowl games as a passing, all about RW offense.

Vin, let me start by saying I always enjoy your posts, you come across as a quality football mind, but you have an unhealthy obsession with Russell Wilson. Wilson was hot garbage in the first quarter +, but this loss was so far removed from his responsibility that he should be the last topic of discussion after this catastrophe of a game.

I've always been amazed by the general consensus that the Seahawks were a product of Marshawns heroics but somehow leave out that 700 plus of those league leading rushing yards were produced on the back of Russell. I am not a Russell apologist. He's got some work to do to be in that top 5 group in my opinion.

But as a fan base intimately aquatinted with this team, I think it's lazy to act like Marshawn was the entirety of our offensive production and we can't win any other way.
I've never eluded to Marshawn being the entirety of anything. Commitment to the running game is more important than Marshawn OR RW. It would take a little bit of ramping up, but we can definitely do it with what we have. And the best thing about that is that RW would then look more like his efficient self being able to play off the run.

And I don't have an obsession with any athlete. I'm not really capable of it. They're just dudes playing sports like I used to. My problem is fans acting all blood in blood out about stupid crap. If you tell me that the color of grass is actually periwinkle then I'll call bullshit. Not unlike strange worship of a mere man where his becoming a focal point has made us less of an overall team. Run the ball like we used to and he'll go back to looking like he used to.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Ask yourselves though....to what end do you make everything about Russell? And why? Superbowls ain't good enough for you? It's like you'd rather worship a player than do what's best for the team.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Lynch left because he was getting beat to death behind Pete & John's direction of the offensive line. The backs we have now have even less to work with. We are throwing it because we can't run behind a line that can't block.

themunn

Reaction score
The defense getting gassed is one theory I can't live with.

Their first TD came immediately after we'd had a 5 minute TD drive, 4 plays then a 55 yard TD pass.

And to further that, in the 4th quarter when they should have been completely dead (if they were gassed in the 3rd quarter), they held them to 2 three and outs.

Fact is, they allowed a few big TD plays through bad defense (though the 75 yard run was very well executed and blocked). We saw the same against Hyde last week - the defense needs to get back to their run-blocking ways, I suspect there will be a lot of focus on that this week.

Blindside

Reaction score
There is a definite imbalance in the running game yards vs. the passing yards.
Why did they hire that guy from Green Bay and not use him? Lacy...
69 yards rushing vs. 195 yards for Titans.

that was the game in itself. You don't punish their defense with runs and good O-line blocking, hawks get soft and the opponent stays strong.