Frank Clark Accused of Attacking Philip Rivers

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":33ha9ugo said:
Seahawks defensive lineman Frank Clark angered multiple offensive linemen on the Chargers, who accused the rookie of trying to attack San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers while under a pile during Saturday's preseason game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-san-diego-chargers-attacking-philip-rivers

Colloquially referred to as "dirty bird" here:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/aug/29/chargers-seahawks-nfl-rivers-frank-clark/

Here we go again ha ha........
Excellent. I smell FEAR and it's sweet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rastahawk":1c0l8fip said:
Understandable, esp because Rivers has one of the more "punchable" looking faces in the NFL. Living on the fringes of Charger country I get the privilege of watching Charger games on local TV now and then. Make no mistake he whines like a "rhymes with beach".
Yeah Philly probably gave him the "River's face" which should always end with a knuckle sandwich to it. 8)

Anthony!

Reaction score
253hawk":3a4hprrg said:
Yep. Rivers was clearly holding onto Clark's jersey when he was trying to get up. What Dunlap did was basically a horsecollar move on the ground. Rivers is one of the whiniest douches in the NFL, right up there with Brady.

Yeah I saw that too, and totally agree that was Rivers being a jerk.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow just saw the video on youtube. Rivers has a handful of Clark's jersey and brings Clark back on top of him. Nice job ESPN.

253hawk

Reaction score
Clark does put his hand on Rivers' helmet while trying to scramble away from the pile immediately after the tackle, but there's no way to tell if there was any real intent behind it. Anyway, it caused Rivers to be a huge baby about it which led to the penalty which led to Lockett being able to field the ensuing punt comfortably away from his end zone and return it for the TD.

If he'd have just let it go, he'd probably have kept 7 Seattle points off the board.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Would love to see our OL have that kind of fight. Even though the SD guys are all wrong, they came to Rivers defense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ccimsfb said:
CPHawk":3ccimsfb said:
Would love to see our OL have that kind of fight. Even though the SD guys are all wrong, they came to Rivers defense.

This is fake toughness . . .

DarkArtisticGreatwhiteshark

Agreed but I love Clarks reaction or lack there of, shows some maturity.

Maulbert

Reaction score
253hawk":v626zkk7 said:
Clark does put his hand on Rivers' helmet while trying to scramble away from the pile immediately after the tackle, but there's no way to tell if there was any real intent behind it. Anyway, it caused Rivers to be a huge baby about it which led to the penalty which led to Lockett being able to field the ensuing punt comfortably away from his end zone and return it for the TD.

If he'd have just let it go, he'd probably have kept 7 Seattle points off the board.

You can clearly see in the video that Clark's hands only go to Rivers's helmet after the Chargers center, who Clark blew through on the play, shoved Clark from behind right down into the 'Jewel of their Offense'. Clark is being railroaded.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Dunlop doesn't get a fine. Not only is it a blatant horsecollar (which put Clark at risk for a serious injury), but he pushed the ref down. The ref that was attempting to break up the skirmish, I might add. Not only did he ignore the ref, and push him down, but then he stepped over the ref to continue laying hands on Clark.

What a bonehead.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Clark tagged Rivers in the head, probably enough that it could have been called by officials. It didn't look incidental to me. It wasn't a heavy hit, but it wasn't just brushing his helmet either. Rivers then pulls him back in by the jersey, probably because he was pissed off about his head getting pushed. Nobody looks good on this one.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It's just their excuse for the guy pulling him off the pile. Clark rocks! GO HAWKS!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":31yyy5y4 said:
The headline on ESPN is ridiculous. The players didn't even say what the headline reads. Kind of a hit job article really. No substance behind it whatever.
To me, it just reeks of stupidity, I mean, to bring up Clarks ONE DV incident, and tag it to this one play? it's chickensh*t on the part of ESPN, AND shows that they are trying to make a connection on two UNRELATED matters > CRAP Journalism.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Saw nothing wrong with what Frank did. It was a typical NFL play, aside from Rivers grabbing Clark's jersey. I actually thought Clark kept a cool head.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":30jnzle7 said:
I'll be surprised if Dunlop doesn't get a fine. Not only is it a blatant horsecollar (which put Clark at risk for a serious injury), but he pushed the ref down. The ref that was attempting to break up the skirmish, I might add. Not only did he ignore the ref, and push him down, but then he stepped over the ref to continue laying hands on Clark.

What a bonehead.

Absolutely right. In fact, most players would be ejected from the game for putting their hands on a referee like that and it bewilders me how he wasn't, really. I just can not fathom him escaping a fine after review of that play.

London12

Reaction score
He has history therefore he attacked Philip Rivers, easy target for 2 cent reporters.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1njnz5ke said:
Clark tagged Rivers in the head, probably enough that it could have been called by officials. It didn't look incidental to me. It wasn't a heavy hit, but it wasn't just brushing his helmet either. Rivers then pulls him back in by the jersey, probably because he was pissed off about his head getting pushed. Nobody looks good on this one.

As mentioned, the shove to the helmet was chain reaction to being shoved from behind by the center.

Tical21

Reaction score
Rivers is an uber competitive guy that has a lot of fun on the field. He doesn't do stuff like this unprovoked. I'm 100% certain that Clark took some cheap shots we can't see and probably said some stupid things as well. IMO it is only a matter of time before this idiot does something really bad.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":l5eh4o7c said:
Rivers is an uber competitive guy that has a lot of fun on the field. He doesn't do stuff like this unprovoked. I'm 100% certain that Clark took some cheap shots we can't see and probably said some stupid things as well. IMO it is only a matter of time before this idiot does something really bad.

You're defending Rivers....what's next? Brady never cheated?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Dunlap made contact with the ref...isnt that supposed to be a no no?