Frank Clark Accused of Attacking Philip Rivers

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yay. More Frank Clark stuff...

Nobody that matters in Seattle cares.

If you get results, the rest of us are fine with it. Especially because he clearly didn't do anything but beat offensive players regularly.

I don't see the guy driving drunk or shooting anyone, so as far as I am concerned, have at it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":mbhaei17 said:
Dunlap made contact with the ref...isnt that supposed to be a no no?
Yes. I'm shocked he wasn't flagged if not possibly ejected.

Rivers is a whiny bitch that should thank his lucky stars Clark kept his cool and never reacted to the cheap shots he received.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Nice "reporting" Sheil Kapadia, glad you are now the Hawk reporter. sheesh

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ao1ifq8 said:
Smellyman":2ao1ifq8 said:

The byline does not credit him . . . so probably a SD reporter.

ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

If there wasn't much input than he needs to correct the report.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Smellyman":l3vrwl8w said:
hawknation2015":l3vrwl8w said:
Smellyman":l3vrwl8w said:

The byline does not credit him . . . so probably a SD reporter.

ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

If their wasn't much input than in needs to be corrected.

My point still stands; contribution does not mean he actually wrote it. He could have provided the quotes from Clark.

If he did write it, that is just dumb . . . worthless article.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2aidhl64 said:
Rivers is an uber competitive guy that has a lot of fun on the field. He doesn't do stuff like this unprovoked. I'm 100% certain that Clark took some cheap shots we can't see and probably said some stupid things as well. IMO it is only a matter of time before this idiot does something really bad.

You think, and Rivers is not above BS either. I seen Rivers pull BS on more than one occasion and he yaks a lot too so I am sure many D players would love a whack at em.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Tical21":33lguzs2 said:
Rivers is an uber competitive guy that has a lot of fun on the field. He doesn't do stuff like this unprovoked. I'm 100% certain that Clark took some cheap shots we can't see and probably said some stupid things as well. IMO it is only a matter of time before this idiot does something really bad.

Wow! 100% certain. That makes you even more certain than the not one, but TWO refs that were right in the mix. I'm 100% certain that neither of those two refs saw or heard this egregious provocation by Clark or else their would have been off-setting penalties.

olyfan63

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":piz8twrm said:
BlueTalon":piz8twrm said:
I'll be surprised if Dunlop doesn't get a fine. Not only is it a blatant horsecollar (which put Clark at risk for a serious injury), but he pushed the ref down. The ref that was attempting to break up the skirmish, I might add. Not only did he ignore the ref, and push him down, but then he stepped over the ref to continue laying hands on Clark.

What a bonehead.

Absolutely right. In fact, most players would be ejected from the game for putting their hands on a referee like that and it bewilders me how he wasn't, really. I just can not fathom him escaping a fine after review of that play.

While I wanted to see the SD OLineman Dunlop acting like an idiot and "stepping over the referee to continue laying hands on Clark", what I actually see is Dunlop stumbling over the referee, losing his balance and falling forward, and then Dunlop using two hands on Clark to push himself back up, into balance, and away. Pretty harmless (and amusing) stuff at that point.

However, I like Blue Talons' version, better, the stepping-over-the-ref-to-get-another-piece-of-Clark. It's more dramatic. It will sell more newspapers, er, more page views and ad sales. My version (which in my biased opinion is more accurate) is kinda boring in comparison.

Tical21

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3dyj5ejn said:
Tical21":3dyj5ejn said:

You're defending Rivers....what's next? Brady never cheated?
You're seriously going to sit there and tell me that Rivers is going to have a reaction like that over nothing? Heck, have you ever seen ANY QB react like that unjustifiably? It just doesn't happen. Did any of you seriously watch that play in real time and not realize instantly that Clark did or said something that went well over the line? Or Did Philip Rivers just decide to flip out on whoever got the next sack on him? How many times has Rivers been sacked in his career? And how many times has he reacted to a sack like this? My negative hate thing. Yeah, okay.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3v65vfvl said:
Largent80":3v65vfvl said:
:lol: ....I hope Clark goes all DV against all QB's.

This. DV is deplorable, but if Clark can take out his agression on the field against opposing QBs, then everyone will be better off. Guy is going to be a stud. I can feel it. In my plums. They're getting a blueish hue.

I'ma have to take these plums to the farmers market ..

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":25bwtsfr said:
MizzouHawkGal":25bwtsfr said:
Tical21":25bwtsfr said:

You're seriously going to sit there and tell me that Rivers is going to have a reaction like that over nothing? Heck, have you ever seen ANY QB react like that unjustifiably? It just doesn't happen. Did any of you seriously watch that play in real time and not realize instantly that Clark did or said something that went well over the line? Or Did Philip Rivers just decide to flip out on whoever got the next sack on him? How many times has Rivers been sacked in his career? And how many times has he reacted to a sack like this? My negative hate thing. Yeah, okay.
I seriously have no idea what play you were watching and yes negative hate thing, don't act all shocked given you do it on purpose just to be contrary.

And you can take it to the bank that Phillip Rivers is a whiny punk only barely topped by Tommay and Erin if that.

nanomoz

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":nhxem0pr said:
Tical21":nhxem0pr said:
MizzouHawkGal":nhxem0pr said:
Tical21":nhxem0pr said:

I seriously have no idea what play you were watching and yes negative hate thing, don't act all shocked given you do it on purpose just to be contrary.

I used to disagree with him (read my earlier posts), but he has kind of a solid point. He's not just being contrary.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He's reacted like he did plenty of times. He's got his whining down to an art form at this point. I'd love to see this solid point though.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Here is an actual full, useful video of what happened. The GIF in this thread starts too late.

Basically, Frank Clark pushes his O-Lineman right through Rivers, with the result that Clark incidentally lands on/slides over Rivers as the conclusion of the sack. I don't see anything "dirty" here, just Clark overpowering, frankly embarrassing, the SD O-Lineman. I can see why Rivers felt he was getting "piled on" by Clark. Rivers purposely then grabs Clark's jersey and pulls Clark back in, to cause a scene, instigate a confrontation, and probably to bark at Clark.

The SD linemen are so embarrassed by Clark shoving them around that it's clearly maddening to them.

[youtube]CHCrwAujWEE[/youtube]

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
If we could hereafter refer to Philip Rivers as "Philip Rivers, Jewel Of The Charger Offense," I'd be pretty happy.

Also: that's pretty florid diction for a Guard.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OK, so Jordan Hill was at the bottom of the pile, attempting to wrap up Rivers, while Frank Clark powered over/through his guy to also get a piece of Rivers, and make sure Rivers in fact went down. There was no real way Clark could see or know if Hill already had Rivers wrapped up and down; possibly you could say Rivers was "in the grasp" of Hill, but Rivers was not on the ground, and not going down. Clark pushed through his guy, and knocked Rivers back and down to the ground, falling on/sliding over Rivers in the process, all the while with Rivers' legs being wrapped up by Hill.

To Rivers, it had to feel like the old High-Low hit; yet Rivers is a big QB who often shrugs off attempted sacks and delivers a throw, and if Clark doesn't finish off the sack, Rivers possibly squirms out of Hill's tackle and gets the throw off. In the ESPN box score, Hill got 100% credit for the sack and Clark got "0" sack. Hill actually restrains Rivers on the ground after the sack, pulling him back from Clark, yet the SD linemen don't make any moves toward Hill.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Clark presses Rivers head down as he gets up. Its on video and he owned up to it in a post game interview.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
IrishNW":1pqvpux6 said:
Clark presses Rivers head down as he gets up. Its on video and he owned up to it in a post game interview.

It looked incidental to me, bracing himself as he fell forward. Rivers and Dunlap are babies.

This article is still trash.