Frank Clark's Police Report (For Off Field Discussion)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
IMO, he made two mistakes in this situation. When she was getting crazy and threw the remote at him, he should have immediately left the room to let her cool off. Attempting to jump on top of her and restrain her was just going to escalate things with an unhinged person. He should have then broken up with her as soon as he possibly could because she obviously has issues controlling her behavior. He was already on a short leash after breaking into a student's room to steal a laptop. He didn't have the luxury of keeping a loose canon in his life.

His 2nd mistake (the one that ultimately got him arrested) was smacking her in the face after she bit him. A lot of people might react this way after being bitten, but it was unnecessary force against someone much smaller than he is. He could have restrained her without the smack to the face. Having said that, many people would react the same way in the heat of the moment. Hopefully, he has learned something from this event, as well as getting caught for the burglary.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
lucky49":1qy7mjri said:
all you hawk fans know for a fact that if the niners drafted this guy you would be ranting about how he was a terrible person and baalke loves criminals. You don't have to defend him just because he's a seahawk... Domestic violence is still domestic violence.

You're probably right, I probably wouldn't look at it as objectively as possible because my bias would probably get in the way, just like how your bias is showing with this statement. I'm not afraid to admit my bias.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
hawknation2015":c0ved7ta said:
His 2nd mistake (the one that ultimately got him arrested) was smacking her in the face after she bit him. A lot of people might react this way after being bitten, but it was unnecessary force against someone much smaller than he is. He could have restrained her without the smack to the face. Having said that, many people would react the same way in the heat of the moment. Hopefully, he has learned something from this event, as well as getting caught for the burglary.
In the same vein as Pete's explanations of The Rant™, when someone is biting your nose you shove them sorta hard into a lamp or onto the floor. Or ya punch them... but, given the size differences, he sure didn't punch her hard if he punched her at all.
The aggressor here wasn't the big old violent football player. It was the chick with the big teeth who admits to being angry.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Frank is just 21. I know a lot of people that age who have made some pretty stupid decisions. Even though the incident was last Nov, it is in the past. My concern is if he can get his act together and keep focused on football and quit making these stupid decisions. I think the Seahawks will provide the support this kid needs to grow not only as a football player, but a person.

I can't help but wonder if Jamie Winston, who seems to be universally lauded as a great pick by the Bucks, has the same amount of mediaheads writing articles to get clicks as Frank does.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rocket":6b1ilcjw said:
hawknation2015":6b1ilcjw said:
In the same vein as Pete's explanations of The Rant™, when someone is biting your nose you shove them sorta hard into a lamp or onto the floor. Or ya punch them... but, given the size differences, he sure didn't punch her hard if he punched her at all.
The aggressor here wasn't the big old violent football player. It was the chick with the big teeth who admits to being angry.

I hear ya . . . it was proportionate to what she did, but still unnecessary and avoidable. A 270 lbs man can restrain a woman without smacking her. Or better yet, leave the room.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Who cares. I just want him to play ball and be good from this point forward.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
hawknation2015":17bjxnct said:
I here ya . . . it was proportionate to what she did, but still unnecessary and avoidable. A 270 lbs man can restrain a woman without smacking her. Or better yet, leave the room.
If he really hit her, I mean really hit her, there would be much more damage. He's 270, she's maybe 120. He's a professional athlete (Michigan pays them, ask Cartman), all she has is a little scrape.

OTOH, this shows why we should all smoke pot instead of drink spirits, eh? ;)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rocket":2ja1vwkb said:
hawknation2015":2ja1vwkb said:
I here ya . . . it was proportionate to what she did, but still unnecessary and avoidable. A 270 lbs man can restrain a woman without smacking her. Or better yet, leave the room.
If he really hit her, I mean really hit her, there would be much more damage. He's 270, she's maybe 120. He's a professional athlete (Michigan pays them, ask Cartman), all she has is a little scrape.

I don't think he hit her especially hard, probably open handed, but I do think he smacked her across the face unnecessarily. She didn't lie about the choking or the fact that she was out of control and started the fight, and it is consistent with the welt on the side of her face.

All told, his felony burglary conviction is more concerning than this. He just needs to learn to avoid these situations in the future.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
I believe that a closed fist is significantly different than a slap/push with an open hand.
Not sure the Washington Legislature sees it that way... not sure she could tell at the time either.

drdiags

Reaction score
The real issue here is that JS and the Seahawks' credibility is in question. As some mentioned the night Clark was drafted, JS probably should have framed why they selected Clark in a different narrative. By saying Clark never hit her, this story will have to go through numerous cycles besides the normal fans exchanges.

You can see from the Times story that the national guys are waking from their slumber. The team had a few months to work on how they would handle the story if they selected Clark. The one they chose is similar to the in-your-face calling out of the Vikings on how they handled Jackson.

I hope this pick doesn't lead to the end of John's time here. Depends on how much in his corner Paul will be. The team and Clark will just have to try to weather the storm, not sure what they can do to turn down the heat other than to admit they did a half-ass investigation or encourage Clark to reveal the details John doesn't want to provide.

Something was shared that made the team and owner think they could justify the selection in the current climate. Would be good if they could share to shut down the evangelists.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":3vporlvw said:
Sorry, I must be late to the public stoning of Frank Clark. Did something else happen since we drafted him? What's all this uproar about.

What's it about? It's about post-counts.

I too have read many police reports; and I have some things to say on the matter of domestic violence...but not on the main board. Wrong forum. YMMV...obviously. :les:

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
A SeattleTimes reader comment":po5x1mfe said:
Baker: Police and prosecutors could not be reached Monday to explain why Clark was offered a plea deal, or to detail the extent of any follow-up investigation...Hurt’s mother, who had been downstairs when the altercation occurred, declined to comment Monday when reached by phone. A phone call to a number listed for Hurt was answered by a male, who promptly hung up the phone without comment.

So....Baker did not talk to the police, Clark, the victim herself or any of her family. Baker has no idea why the charges were reduced. Baker does not know if other witnesses later came forward and countered the statements made by Babson and Colie. Baker relies on a 6 month old police report and a couple of witnesses who may have axes to grind.

This is shabby, sensationalist writing that is designed to evoke emotion. What it is not is fair or complete.

I rarely if ever post quotes from an unknown, but this one is too darn good to pass by...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rocket":mbg4pqbl said:
I believe that a closed fist is significantly different than a slap/push with an open hand.
Not sure the Washington Legislature sees it that way... not sure she could tell at the time either.

As a public service announcement, don't slap a woman. Especially with enough force to leave a mark and to send her flying into a hotel lamp. If he had left the room or just restrained her, this wouldn't follow him his whole career. Ditto for the burglary.

12thbrah

Reaction score
lmao at those that think police reports are the absolute truth.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rocket":1n5fqz5n said:
Don't slap a laptop?
I don't get it.

Don't break into someone's room and steal a laptop. The negative attention he is getting is deserved. I'm not going to defend him just because he's a Seahawk. He acted like an idiot. Period.

Brahn

Reaction score
lucky49":297f2fy5 said:
all you hawk fans know for a fact that if the niners drafted this guy you would be ranting about how he was a terrible person and baalke loves criminals. You don't have to defend him just because he's a seahawk... Domestic violence is still domestic violence.

This is funny because the Niners never would draft Clark.

You know being above reproach and all.

Guess it's fun to play the "What If" game.

8-8

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
All I know is Im dying to hear an honest account of why Schenider is so convinced he didn't hit her. By everything I know John seems like a class act that wouldnt just spout out something like that unless he had good reason. Maybe the truth will come out of him if he is allowed to comment on it fully in the future, but if I could ask him one question at this moment that would be it.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Wish they would make DUIs as big of deal as DV when it comes to the NFL and the media. DV is serious issue but so is DUIs which there are more of in the NFL every year. Drunk drivers kill almost 3x more people then DV does in a year. With the way the media is now you would think DV is the end all be all of infractions atm in the NFL.