Frank Clark's Police Report (For Off Field Discussion)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xt2nemi said:
I still fail to understand why she was not charged with DV. She instigated, she escalated.

Good question. At the very least, she should have been charged with disorderly conduct. Although she was not drunk, she admitted to being out of control and starting the disturbance. The counter argument is domestic violence disproportionally affects women; charging a woman might dissuade her or other women from coming forward with DV claims. Also, the bite occurred after he physically restrained her. She hadn't been drinking, and the drunk party is almost always the one who gets hit with the disorderly conduct charge.

mikeak

Reaction score
Ray Lewis is a murderer

Ray Rice should never play fotball again

McDonald should have been suspended the whole season by 49ers

Frank Clark is a saint and competely innocent in all of this

Amazing what one reads here

At least have the guts to say - you know what he pinned down a woman and got very physical with her when it doesn't appear that she was an actual threat against him (gun / knife etc). He was completely in the wrong but with that said he was definately drinking, he seems remorseful of the situation and a true "wife beater" would have been significantly more physical with him so I am willing to forgive him.

To be on the "he is innocent train" is a joke to me.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
mikeak":21n0aexh said:
Ray Lewis is a murderer

Ray Rice should never play fotball again

McDonald should have been suspended the whole season by 49ers

Frank Clark is a saint and competely innocent in all of this

Amazing what one reads here

At least have the guts to say - you know what he pinned down a woman and got very physical with her when it doesn't appear that she was an actual threat against him (gun / knife etc). He was completely in the wrong but with that said he was definately drinking, he seems remorseful of the situation and a true "wife beater" would have been significantly more physical with him so I am willing to forgive him.

To be on the "he is innocent train" is a joke to me.

I agree. Some of the guttural responses to this are eerily Marvin-esque. If this happens while he is playing in the league, he may earn himself a suspension.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I for one find it so annoying that in our society, we expect men to simply be bullied whenever a woman gets physical. We're expected to "just leave", when that is most often simply not possible.

Not saying I approve of punching women. But there is a serious imbalance in our society of how we expect people to behave, and how we judge when they don't. Women are never questioned as to how things got physical, and even more rarely do they ever face criminal charges. Women are always innocent. That's just not right.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HansGruber":dnn7qosy said:
I for one find it so annoying that in our society, we expect men to simply be bullied whenever a woman gets physical. We're expected to "just leave", when that is most often simply not possible.

Not saying I approve of punching women. But there is a serious imbalance in our society of how we expect people to behave, and how we judge when they don't. Women are never questioned as to how things got physical, and even more rarely do they ever face criminal charges. Women are always innocent. That's just not right.

Here's an article on the increasing number of dual arrests in DV cases: http://vaw.sagepub.com/content/7/12/1339.abstract

It was very possible for Clark to simply leave the hotel room. In fact, that is what he eventually did after the women next door discovered what had happened.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Was listening to Soft interview Clark's former DC at Michigan and he said the Hawks never talked to him. That causes pause for me.

Melencause

Reaction score
So much debate over something that isn't really debatable logically.

There isn't enough evidence beyond "he said, she said" to convict either party. I will say that none of the injuries described or pictured in the police report indicate a punch or strike.

People can feel, or believe what they want on the subject and I'm fine with that as long as they can separate those conclusions from fact.

Melencause

Reaction score
HansGruber":1arujmcw said:

And the simple fact of making this statement is probably going to get a lot of hate generated against you.

No need to strike a woman but if a women is throwing/hitting you I don't see why you can't restrain them. Even a male has a right to safety.

HansGruber

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1w56jvf8 said:
HansGruber":1w56jvf8 said:

Here's an article on the increasing number of dual arrests in DV cases: http://vaw.sagepub.com/content/7/12/1339.abstract

It was very possible for Clark to simply leave the hotel room. In fact, that is what he eventually did after the women next door discovered what had happened.
Can't read the article, it's behind a pay wall.

If that's true, that's a good thing. Often, the woman isn't quite as innocent as society automatically assumes. I've seen women pick physical fights with their partners in public, and have had it happen to me. Not saying that women deserve to be beaten, but it's equally ludicrous to automatically assume they are totally innocent. Fights don't work that way.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
What I take from this report is that this was a singular event; there were no claims or statements of past events and there are certainly no indications of an abusive pattern. It is an important distinction between a calculating, controlling abuser and a one-time occurrence of a lack of self-restraint.

Frank Clark is big strong guy and he should fully understand how much damage he can cause with even a short episode of violence. I think Pete Carroll tweeted a pre-draft clue, something to the effect that, “this kid grew up in Ohio”. Maybe he was referring to just that one night in Sandusky, OH. Frank Clark grew up. As in he will be held accountable for his actions as a man, no longer provided the societal protection of juvenile status.

A couple of things stood out about the statements from the report. The first being that a very sober Ms. Hurt, because of her self-claimed short temper, threw a remote control at a very drunk Frank Clark who was laying on the bed. Not minimizing anything here at all, but I think we can all agree that none of us react the same inebriated as we do sober. Frank Clark then acted on the basic instinct that most men have learned to control easily enough…most sober men that is, showing the other person that there actions are unacceptable through physical force. Bad decision drunk Frank Clark.

Frank Clark is bigger and stronger. In our society he only had one option once Ms. Hurt threw the remote control at him, leave immediately. Even the seeming reasonable response of holding her down to presumably keep her from throwing something else, only resulted with him being bitten which of course escalated the confrontation. What came next was probably a moment Frank Clark wishes he could take back a thousand times. But, by his own actions he had disabled that part of his brain with an entire bottle of 80 proof liquor.

Those that would label anyone an abuser because of a singular incident should also be prepared to label themselves as a liar and a thief…because every one of us has lied and every one of us has taken something that didn’t belong to us at least once. And claiming it was only once would just be another lie. My guess would be that most of the condemnation is from the young and inexperienced, ill-equipped to see through the non-sense of hype and overblown emotions. As for some of the irresponsible reporting in the media designed to increase the emotional white noise; disgusting.

Seahawk Nation, let the man Frank Clark emerge.

mikeak

Reaction score
Rocket":2ybp49pk said:
AbsolutNET":2ybp49pk said:
Scottemojo":2ybp49pk said:
I still fail to understand why she was not charged with DV. She instigated, she escalated.

You know why.

That there is the post of the month right there.

And to some it is a joke of a comment

She threw a remote and a big football player had to restrain her on the bed. Which ended in him pulling her shirt / grabbing her by the throat and throwing her on the floor.

His response considering his size and strenght is completely out of proportion to the original act. That is why she wasn't arrested because she did something minor to which he forcefully felt authorized to restrain her.

This is going to go around and around. None of you guys will change your mind until this is a player on a different team and then most people will think he should be thrown out of the league.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1sqjqzzr said:
I agree with you that it was inappropriate for Schenider to say Clark never hit her, especially since the team had only talked to Clark.

But I disagree with you about this being a DV case. He was only found guilty of disorderly conduct. If he "female dog" slapped her, causing the injury on the side of her face, it's pretty clear from that facts that he was provoked and at least in part acting out of self defense. He went beyond what was necessary to restrain her, hence his disorderly conduct conviction. This doesn't make him an evil person or a woman beater. It just means he messed up in the heat of the moment; hopefully he has owned up to it and learned how to avoid these situations in the future.

Bingo.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MysterMatt":hfxl97ws said:
hawknation2015":hfxl97ws said:
Rocket":hfxl97ws said:
Don't slap a laptop?
I don't get it.

Don't break into someone's room and steal a laptop. The negative attention he is getting is deserved. I'm not going to defend him just because he's a Seahawk. He acted like an idiot. Period.
I don't think anyone is refuting that. He has, in fact, acted like an idiot. He's also 22 years old, put those incidents behind him (or is trying to), and deserves a little grace.

Of course, the media doesn't believe in grace or redemption, but Pete and John do.

Media are typically driven by philosophical mandates handed down from above. Creating public outcry over a hot-button topic is gold for a reporter, and attempting to find fault with the Seahawks' investigation generates more discussion (and clicks) than shrugging and citing second chances.

I'm as disgusted by domestic violence as anyone, but I don't believe for a second that the Seattle media is driven by some sense of social responsibility.

Exittium

Reaction score
mikeak":t4whxs2q said:
Rocket":t4whxs2q said:
AbsolutNET":t4whxs2q said:
Scottemojo":t4whxs2q said:

You know why.

That there is the post of the month right there.

She threw a remote and a big football player had to restrain her on the bed. Which ended in him pulling her shirt / grabbing her by the throat and throwing her on the floor.

His response considering his size and strenght is completely out of proportion to the original act. That is why she wasn't arrested because she did something minor to which he forcefully felt authorized to restrain her.

This is going to go around and around. None of you guys will change your mind until this is a player on a different team and then most people will think he should be thrown out of the league.

Haha, just stop. Did you read anything anyone posted or pick out what you wanted to argue? SHE said he never grabbed her by the throat. And fact is every damn man drunk or sober will get physical in one way or another if a female bit them in the nose hard enough to draw blood.

Now like most idc what he's done off the field. Its been cleared up move the hell on. The only reason this is being stirred up could be how JS handled it, but let me ask you all this. Would it be the same or different if say the Patriots or Cowboys drafted him? A great player, and physical freak. Or is the media all butthurt because Seattle (the team the media has a love/hate fest with) got possibly one hell of a steal in the draft, and the only way they can accept it is by destroying someone's image/career before it even has a second chance to take off.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
He is a football player....don't be fooled by all the propaganda that The N.F.L. is putting out to protect them from future lawsuits. This is a violent game for violent men ,always has always will be.We can't have our cake and eat it too.People ef up all the time.Nothing wrong with second chances unless you don't treat it like its your last.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good God, Dave Boling sounds like a whiny little baby! "When I should have been reviewing draft reports, instead I had to stay up late and review police reports."

"Schneider has put me in kind of an uncomfortable position by asking me to trust him."

Wahhhh...it's all about Boling the victim..Jesus Jones on a Motorcycle. :34853_doh:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Exittium":1uffy4ph said:
mikeak":1uffy4ph said:

Haha, just stop. Did you read anything anyone posted or pick out what you wanted to argue? SHE said he never grabbed her by the throat. And fact is every damn man drunk or sober will get physical in one way or another if a female bit them in the nose hard enough to draw blood.

Now like most idc wtf he's done off the field. Its been cleared up move the hell on. The only reason this is being stirred up could be how JS handled it, but let me ask you all this. Would it be the same or different if say the Patriots or Cowboys drafted him? A great player, and physical freak. Or is the media all butthurt because Seattle (the team the media has a love/hate fest with) got possibly one hell of a steal in the draft, and the only way they can accept it is by destroying someone's image/career before it even has a second chance to take off.

It would have been even worse for the Patriots (fresh off their most recent cheating accusation and the conviction of Hernandez) and the Cowboys (who are still reeling after signing Greg Hardy). This is why I believe Clark would have fallen out of the 3rd Round if we hadn't pulled the trigger on him. Schneider has worked up as much goodwill as any GM in the league. Not every GM has the latitude to take these kind of risks.

kearly

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with Mikeak. The woman admits to initiating violence then escalating it. To a guy she knew was drunk. We don't even have any hard evidence that he hit her, but we do have evidence (and an admission) that she bit his nose and drew blood.

It is really a shame that the media and sanctimonious twitter users are unfairly treating Clark like he's a Floyd Mayweather class abuser, when to me it looks like he defended himself at worst, and at best, might actually be the victim in this case.

Mikeak is right about the inconsistency at .net. But I mean come on, this place has no shortage of homers who love to rip on other teams, so that's to be expected on any football issue. For the record, I am a second chances guy, and have been pretty consistent on this issue. I think Rice should get a second chance, that's what Janay would want. Hardy is a bit more complicated, but as long as he never screws up again I am okay with him being in the NFL. Even the McDonald case, I kinda liked how the 49ers gave Goodell the finger by sticking with McDonald as long as they did. I am a big fan of Warren Moon, Tom Cable, Tony McDaniel, and Kevin Williams. They all screwed up, and they all made the most of the public's forgiveness.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is ridiculous.

Whether he is innocent or not is immaterial.

He was hired to do a job and if he does it, then I don't care.

I don't even understand why I am supposed to care.

Maybe he hit her, maybe he didn't. Maybe she instigated it, maybe not.

The question is "Did he sack the QB or tackle the RB for loss?"

The rest does not matter.

Especially considering he did it while not being an employee of the Seahawks. He didn't represent the brand yet so my response is so what?

It isn't my interest or concern what he does in his personal life or whether or not there is conflict there. And football being a game that cultivates + rewards violent behavior - probably shouldn't pearl clutch at the reality that some of these people are likely violent as a personality trait.

I supported bringing Hardy here, and won't give a Cowboys fan grief for cheering for Hardy or Gregory. Because you rarely cheer for the person, you cheer for the position they play. You cheer the Seahawks LB or the Seahawks TE, or the LDE when he makes a great play.

You usually don't know half these people anyway, so why should it matter?

Good character is a bonus, not a requisite.

Latest posts