Free Agency Tracker - All NFL & Seahawks Related

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we can only hope, wish, that the depth with Christmas and Collier will pay off going into next season and not be a Thompson and Hill type situation.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3nmp80uq said:
John63":3nmp80uq said:
Maelstrom787":3nmp80uq said:
John63":3nmp80uq said:
All good points but does not change the FACT that several of those FAs would have made us better which is the object.

They only have like 15-16m of real cap space remaining, not including cuts. They don't have unlimited space to add outside free agents while keeping the pieces they have.

Clowney has got to be the priority. After Clowney, there's pretty much room for just depth signings and MAYBE an Ifedi extension if Britt is cut.

Signing outside free agents to appease you opens up other holes elsewhere. This isn't a simple "hurr durr add more players please boss" proposition here.

Please show link with the cap space remaining every thing See show a lot more. As to thee rest once again a reason why people don't post ridicule. . Could it be that I believe we need to do something big in FA to get to the next level? Nope has to be just to appease me. Could it be one of the Fa that signed I believe could have made the difference, nope cant be because you don't agree has to be just to appease me. It's okay to say in your opinion or something like that but to simply denigrate it because you don't like it is what is wrong with this forum.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EvaninSEA/status/1239991331524501505[/tweet]

Thank you still not what other sites show but at least a link.

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3j6bpb17 said:
Another year of FA BS. Let’s wait a few days, lose all our decent FAs and then pick up some washed up trash like Ziggy Ansah. Waiting on Clowney while the other decent DEs sign elsewhere is plain stupid. We lose him too and our pitiful pass rush will be the worst in the league if it isn’t already.

JS and PC never sign quality FAs. They are just smarter than every one else. SMFH and the holes get bigger and bigger.

Yup add to that same old same old offense and we are 1 and done or worse again

John63

Reaction score
HawkStrong":1cubreyh said:
John63":1cubreyh said:
HawkStrong":1cubreyh said:
John63":1cubreyh said:
or we can contiue to have the covnersatoin which is what a forum is for. Also just becase the Hawks do it, dow nto mean it is the right thing to do. IF it were we woudl not have to go back to 2013 for a decent FA class.

I am not saying stop having a conversation about it, I am saying stop crying in your beers over it. The off-season has barely started.

The Hawks have done well in free agency over the years. Yes they have some misses, but every team does. What I do know, teams that win free agency usually do jack squat in the regular season.

No one is crying in their beers, we are stating our options and like every year since 2013 as of now we have done little to nothing expect loose players. that is a fact. When players were available that would have made us better. FYI again KC did very well in FA last year and won the SB. Also, FYI please provide a link showing those who do well in Fa do squat that year. I think you will find the good to great teams who do well in FA do great the following season, only those who were bad do squat the next year.. Example KC again, good in 2018, had a very good Fa wins the SB

Hindsight is 20/20, most of big free agents don't pan out. KCC had one big signing in FA last year. If Hawks do nothing from here on out you might have a point.

It only takes one and so far we have none and have lost out on several that would have made us better. Thata not counting our own lost. Sorry and of now we are loosing FA again.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
John63":ytn8z87f said:
HawkStrong":ytn8z87f said:
John63":ytn8z87f said:
HawkStrong":ytn8z87f said:
I am not saying stop having a conversation about it, I am saying stop crying in your beers over it. The off-season has barely started.

The Hawks have done well in free agency over the years. Yes they have some misses, but every team does. What I do know, teams that win free agency usually do jack squat in the regular season.

No one is crying in their beers, we are stating our options and like every year since 2013 as of now we have done little to nothing expect loose players. that is a fact. When players were available that would have made us better. FYI again KC did very well in FA last year and won the SB. Also, FYI please provide a link showing those who do well in Fa do squat that year. I think you will find the good to great teams who do well in FA do great the following season, only those who were bad do squat the next year.. Example KC again, good in 2018, had a very good Fa wins the SB

Hindsight is 20/20, most of big free agents don't pan out. KCC had one big signing in FA last year. If Hawks do nothing from here on out you might have a point.

It only takes one and so far we have none and have lost out on several that would have made us better. Thata not counting our own lost. Sorry and of now we are loosing FA again.

You've shared your opinion, past a certain point it is just whining.

John63

Reaction score
HawkStrong":2xgyng86 said:
John63":2xgyng86 said:
HawkStrong":2xgyng86 said:
John63":2xgyng86 said:

You've shared your opinion, past a certain point it is just whining.

Pot kettle.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":139qxyhu said:
Well we can only hope, wish, that the depth with Christmas and Collier will pay off going into next season and not be a Thompson and Hill type situation.

I would strongly suspect more the latter than the former. Hoping on Christmas and Collier to show anything this season is more likely wishful thinking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
*Losing
*Hopkins

And maybe just once people can let things play out before branding the Hawks FO as the worst in the NFL basically?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I heard this morning on Dan Patrick that Hopkins likely would have been holding out for more money from Houston and had a crap attitude about not making enough money. O'Brien ain't no picnic either and I'm sure he had something to do with the situation for sure. But it's not coincidence that he was traded to a team with a QB on a rookie deal. According to DP, he wants 20 per.

Someone please answer: How were the Hawks going to pay that and try to improve the d-line and o-line which everyone sees as huge priorities?

HawkStrong

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3hefdz0l said:
I heard this morning on Dan Patrick that Hopkins likely would have been holding out for more money from Houston and had a crap attitude about not making enough money. O'Brien ain't no picnic either and I'm sure he had something to do with the situation for sure. But it's not coincidence that he was traded to a team with a QB on a rookie deal. According to DP, he wants 20 per.

Someone please answer: How were the Hawks going to pay that and try to improve the d-line and o-line which everyone sees as huge priorities?

Shhhh, don't bring logic into this. People just want to bitch and moan.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Griffen and clowney or the Jax guy and this team is in business

A-Dog

Reaction score
IMO Clowney and Griffen is the best route. The news that Minnesota is off the table is good news in that regard. I'm sure re-uniting with Pete and playing for a contender would be appealing to him, especially if Clowney is also here getting double teamed and getting Griffen 1:1 matchups.

Griffen isn't young like Ngakoue but he's still productive and he won't cost draft picks plus a massive contract.

Then we'd still have plenty of ammo and flexibility going in to the draft to take the BPA or even move up for a guy like Simmons.

Jville

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":120k4qhw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1242270068777586693[/tweet]

So Al got his raise up from his $2,065,441 with Seattle in 2019.