Free Agency Tracker - All NFL & Seahawks Related

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, just heard on KJR that Teddy two gloves is about to sign a 3 year deal with the Panthers.
Rivers is gonna' sign with the Colts.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet · 28m28 minutes ago
The #Panthers are finalizing a deal with QB Teddy Bridgewater to be their starting QB, sources say. New OC Joe Brady gets a new QB in Teddy B. There is a basic agreement.

Philip Rivers and the Colts are finalizing a deal and our @JasonLaCanfora has said all along that the fit makes a lot of sense. pic.twitter.com/tJgBqCPXif
— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) March 17, 2020

@CBSSportsHQ via Twitter

5 mins ago

massari

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33jbd112 said:
Not for what they paid. I like Quinn a lot, but 5 years, 70 mil??? Also, he turns 30 in May.
No way would I want the Hawks to commit that much $ and years to him. Plus, he played 8 games in 2015 and 9 games in 2016.
Only $30m is guaranteed though.

Now that Quinn is gone.....Clowney and Griffen pls

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1237092627494973442[/tweet]

hawks85

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1k01aq5w said:
I'm getting the feeling Clowney knows where he is going already. With no travel, and no wine/dine options, it seems likely he's had his meetings.

I think that chip falls soon..
I'm predicting the Colts. They have a ton of cap space and Clowney has stated Colts were a team on his list.

getnasty

Reaction score
If not Clowney i'm wanting Floyd and Beasley for passing downs and let Greene and Collier play the run downs. I want some speed off the edge please. My guess is we end up signing Griffin which wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Hendo66

Reaction score
I have a feeling they are working on a deal for Judon.
Ravens have now added a lot of Defense. They can't pay everyone..

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":i0ude6rd said:
SoulfishHawk":i0ude6rd said:
Not for what they paid. I like Quinn a lot, but 5 years, 70 mil??? Also, he turns 30 in May.
No way would I want the Hawks to commit that much $ and years to him. Plus, he played 8 games in 2015 and 9 games in 2016.
Only $30m is guaranteed though.

Now that Quinn is gone.....Clowney and Griffen pls

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1237092627494973442[/tweet]

Baldwin was posting some stuff like this on Twitter. Almost never double teamed and still has a pretty middling win rate. I'd pass on Judon.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The FA haze over rushers is burning off rapidly. NEarly every one has either resigned, found a new home, or has an exclusive rights tag applied.
Yannick made it clear he does not want to stay with Jags, but the Jags are making it clear they will not allow him to go anywhere at anything like a bargain rate.
Seems to me that tells us we need to pay Clowney whatever it takes and do our best to add edge depth with rookies or bring back Irvin and'or Bennet. And if we want to deal with the latter we better not wait much longer. I can not recall ever seeing such a made rush for rushers, especially this early in the process.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that the team will pony up and pay what Clowney wants.

The herd is being thinned without a doubt but there are still guys who can get after the QB and the team might have a different plan, or a plan that many have yet considered.

It's far too early in the process to be concerned in the slightest.

A-Dog

Reaction score
yeah it's kind of a double-edged sword

The fact that other teams have signed pass rushers and other players that eat up their cap room means there's less of a market for Clowney's services. That gives the Seahawks leverage.

However, the longer this drags out, the fewer alternatives there are for Seattle, so that gives Clowney leverage.

I'm guessing the Seahawks have an offer out to Clowney and are telling him to give them a chance to match if something better comes along... and so far Clowney hasn't gotten an offer in the range he was looking for. Maybe there are some cap saving moves pending from other teams that he's waiting on.

Hopefully Clowney doesn't get mad about not getting the offer he wanted and signs a prove-it deal with a team other than Seattle out of pride/spite.

John63

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":150gaojs said:
This place is moronic at times, no wonder its dying on its arse.

Whats moronic is some here dont want allow for any conversation unless it fits their feelings. IF they don't like the topic or what being said they call it moronic, or denigrate anyone who participates.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3d3xr5fn said:
That Hopkins deal may be top 3 in the worst trades of all time category. Houston is next level clueless.

Agreed, imagine what we could do with Hoopkins, DK, adn Lockett oh my god.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":26m7sofl said:
John63":26m7sofl said:
Maelstrom787":26m7sofl said:
John63":26m7sofl said:
So wait because we supposedly won the 2013 FA we should be good. Something that happened 7 years ago and not repeated since is what we should be happy about? wow so in the 9 years under PC we do well in FA once and that is something to look forward to. My how we have fallen.

Ugh.

There is an entire roster to fill here. There are several positions that need depth, and there's a very large free agent that they'd almost certainly like to retain in Clowney. They've already re-signed Reed and retained a lot of guys from 2019.

Stop mistaking a lack of splashy free agent overpayment for a degradation in quality of the team. That money can be used much more intelligently than by trading away picks for very expensive players just because. ⁸

Now, maybe if they strike out on Clowney, they sign a few dudes. But, again, there is an entire roster to flesh out here.

It's not about splashynits about anything outside of our own which last year was not enough to get us to the SB which is the goal. We got Olson to be one of 5 TEs meanwhile we need d line, o line, cb, safety etc.

Dude, that's total crap. This whole free agent stuff has barely even started, and we have an entire upcoming draft. There are a bunch of spots to fill, and safety isn't even really a need to be honest.

Again, this is barely even the first wave. There will be more signings to fill the roster.

and again barely started or not there are players being signed and traded that could have made us better, and we have done almost nothing but sign our own which again was not good enough to get us to the goal of the SB. And again reminder KC signed the best FA DE and got to the SB.

John63

Reaction score
King Dog":182cf49h said:
So long Quinton Jefferson. We're doing great kids!

Hmm yeah I have no reason to be concerned at all.....NOT