Free Agency

crosfam

Reaction score
Maxwell will be the top CB, maybe highest paid defensive free agent his coin year. I doubt we have a chance. Lane takes his place if/when healthy. I bet the only FA we get of note will be veterans who take a discount to have a shot at a ring.

crosfam

Reaction score
How about another mobile quarterback as a back-up? Jake Locker (after TN cuts him).

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
crosfam":wun08dau said:
How about another mobile quarterback as a back-up? Jake Locker (after TN cuts him).
Can he catch a quick slant or rub a corner effectively?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Could save a lot of money letting Lynch go. I mean, it's not like we'd ever need him for anything, say, punching it in at the 1 yd line in the SB or something. I say, we ain't using him, why pay him?

/sarcasm (for the sarcasm impaired.)

Vetamur

Reaction score
Kind of think we keep Tukuafu and let Coleman go. I love Coleman and his back story but Tukuafu has the flexibility and unique skill set that JS and PC like. How many other FBs can you plug into the defensive line and get acceptable play out of in a pinch?

I dont know the league free agency situation yet, but I think we need to find a couple guys in situations like Bennett a couple years ago: guys who will take a shorter contract for less money knowing that the Seattle D will a) make them look good b) likely get them exposure. I wouldnt limit that to D linemen but maybe a cornerback that fits our system.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1xvcjszc said:
Could save a lot of money letting Lynch go. I mean, it's not like we'd ever need him for anything, say, punching it in at the 1 yd line in the SB or something. I say, we ain't using him, why pay him?

/sarcasm (for the sarcasm impaired.)
There shouldn't be any sarcasm in there, that was a true statement.

It would be a waste of money to extend Lynch when we won't even use him from the 1 yard line to win the superbowl.

If the hawks feel they need to pass it instead, then they should cut lynch and spend the money on a wr for them to use on the 1 yard line.

If they arent going to use Lynch then theres no reason to keep him.