Free Agents

McGruff

Reaction score
sutz":2q7jq2py said:
IMHO, Browner would be a panic signing. No need to go there this off season.

You say panic, I say insurance. Browner at this point would be cheap (vet minimum) depth that knows the scheme.

firebee

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1h2p04pe said:
Anyone have the 411 on FA centers available?

Three things I think we desparately need are an upgrade at center and blocking TE and full back.

A couple mentioned above, FB Zach Line and TE Stevenson? I think were the names. Anyone know much about these two?

I'm probably wrong on the Stevenson name, I'll have to go back and check it up thread.

I think Matt Paradis is our best bet, but he's an ERFA, which means we'd likely have to give up draftpick compensation, but I don't see them tendering him too high if they're looking to franchise Von Miller and with the similar Zone blocking system and spread offense Denver runs, he'd probably be a good fit for Seattle. I'd say Wisniewski, but the Jags have an ungodly amount of cap space and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them franchise Wisniewski due to the top pay level at Center not being extraordinarily high and the limited number of players they have hitting free agency this season. Zach Line would be a godsend for our offense. I also wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Mitchell Schwartz out of Cleveland to compete for the start at either tackle spot, Tom Compton out of Washington to compete at OG,RT and Bradley Sowell to compete at offensive tackle. I think those guys could fly under the radar and be had a bargain, and I also think they're good fits for our system. As for TE... I see us drafting one late... I just don't see us spending for one in FA, unless we release Graham and his 9 million dollar cap hit.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I don't see John looking to sign many UFA's that weren't cut. He's shown recently that he really values the Comp picks and that he's hesitant to take a chance at losing those. That's why a guy like Mario Williams makes a lot of sense for us assuming he wants to pull a DeMarcus Ware and play to win a championship. Seattle very well could be a perfect situation for super Mario to ride out the rest of his career on a team that will give him the scheme to be successful and a chance at a title year in and year out...

However I do think there are a select few guys that John Schneider will consider giving up comp picks for if they become available and are interested in coming to Seattle on a somewhat team friendly deal. Eric Berry is one of those. I also think Mohammad Wilkerson may be one of those guys. And that may be it. I expect John to be very stingy with those comp picks only giving one up if he can nab a superstar talent on a team friendly deal.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawks46":2hep07vf said:
stang233":2hep07vf said:
Miller will be a 100+ guy. Jeffery will get 50+. It won't ever happened.

Ps.I agree be kind.

Miller is on record as saying he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

After his performance in the Super Bowl, he just might get it.

From all ive heard it sounds like he might get tagged?

No way Miller goes into the season with the franchise tag money is there?

I dont see how Denver is going to be able to do much with having to sign both Miller and Brock. Those 2 should easily cost them 25 mil or so easily going up to maybe 30-35 mil

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wilkerson might be an option coming off injury. The Jets have a strong defensive unit and might want to beef up the offense. He would be expensive, but worth it.

I also think Okung is going to be forced in to a one year prove it contract. For him, Seattle would be his chance to look good in that one year because he knows the system. And compared to the scrubs we currently have for Olines, he would look like a superstar.

Since he is representing himself, he would be smart to deal with a front office that won't try to screw him. But instead would add incentive based escalators. Add to that, no income tax and you have a slight advantage.

Salary cap room or not, I don't think teams are going to over spend for an injury prone tackle who thinks it wise to go without an agent.

John Clayton thinks that after Okungs injury letter foul up, that he might be had on a one year deal for 4 million. That would give us one more year to find a replacement.

King Dog

Reaction score
If Clayton thinks Okung can be had on a 1 year deal for four million, I want some of what he's smoking.

firebee

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3mxb7qep said:
Does anybody else feel that JS is going to surprise us with a "blockbuster" acquisition/trade?

No... I really don't see any blockbuster trades or acquisitions happening with our roster and salary cap situation right now. I think the best we can hope for is some solid acquisitions at a great bargain. About the biggest freak move I could see JS making is releasing Jimmy Graham, which would put us in a place to make a blockbuster acquisition.

ivotuk

Reaction score
King Dog":1vp67szk said:
If Clayton thinks Okung can be had on a 1 year deal for four million, I want some of what he's smoking.

Clayton's reason is this. Okung's injury history. Then getting his shoulder dislocated from a "slap." Next, Okung writes a letter to all 31 other teams telling them he had surgery and will not be able to work out until late in to the summer. Doing so could be construed by the Seahawks as tampering. So Okung demonstrated his lack of knowledge by writing that letter.

Okung used to be a Pro Bowl talent, now he misses a lot of games. Who is going to pay a lot of money for a left tackle that is never there? Hence the thinking that because he won't be available until late, so a team won't be able to see how healthy he is until late in the summer, that the best he is going to get is a "one year prove it deal."

Paying a lot of money for a left tackle who might not even be able to play the full season is fool hardy. The best chance Okung has to look good on a 1 year deal is with the offense that he knows well.

So, someone may overpay Okung in the hopes that he stays healthy. If so, more power to them. But their GM better have his resume handy.

firebee

Reaction score
King Dog":1eqqn28o said:
Okung to the Jags for a lot more than that. Jake Long was brought in on a one year deal last year as a fill in and he's a free agent. The Jags have an ungodly amount of caproom and with a few former Seahawk coaches there, I could see them upgrading on the veteran longevity at tackle and throwing a big frontloaded contract to get Okung in Jacksonville on a 4-5 year deal while they look for a young replacement.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1z90jxm2 said:
Does anybody else feel that JS is going to surprise us with a "blockbuster" acquisition/trade?

LeSean McCoy is in deep shit in Buffalo, could lighting strike twice if he is released?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
firebee":3t9mujwj said:
King Dog":3t9mujwj said:
Okung to the Jags for a lot more than that. Jake Long was brought in on a one year deal last year as a fill in and he's a free agent. The Jags have an ungodly amount of caproom and with a few former Seahawk coaches there, I could see them upgrading on the veteran longevity at tackle and throwing a big frontloaded contract to get Okung in Jacksonville on a 4-5 year deal while they look for a young replacement.

More important, Okung goes there and has his first injury free season.