Jazzhawk

Reaction score

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sounded like everyone but Hill would be available

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Carroll on Rawls being a game time decision:

“It was just a high ankle sprain that just lingered, and they take time, and also we don’t want to bring him back too soon. We don’t want to make this linger like they can; high ankles are famous for that. So we are just trying to get rid of it so once we cut him loose he’s really raring to go. So we have to make that determination.’’

IndyHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ptdo3ni said:
Rawls is a bit delicate?

This league exposes that.
I see why we have 5 RB's..You cannot count on two of them at all.

Foghawk

Reaction score
At this point, I think they just need to let Rawls sit until he is undeniably 100% healthy. Let the other backs tote the rock!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Rawls will never be 100% healthy-he reportedly hasn't had a complete season since high school. Nor will Prosise be fully healthy for any extended period. The best you can hope for is each one at 80% or so for a few game stretches until one or both of them are out again.

You just can't base your running game future on either of these 2.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":l807h7x8 said:
Rawls will never be 100% healthy-he reportedly hasn't had a complete season since high school. Nor will Prosise be fully healthy for any extended period. The best you can hope for is each one at 80% or so for a few game stretches until one or both of them are out again.

You just can't base your running game future on either of these 2.

Tend to agree.

Love Rawls when he's healthy.

Unfortunately that isn't often.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I posted this in the Enemy Forums Thread, but I thought I'd post this here as well. If this is true, this could honestly be a real game changer ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/906738040311304192[/tweet]

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2wpomi3v said:
I posted this in the Enemy Forums Thread, but I thought I'd post this here as well. If this is true, this could honestly be a real game changer ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/906738040311304192[/tweet]
Hmm. Hawkblogger and other bloggers are saying different. If your source is right this goes from a 10 point win to utter destruction. Green Bay is soft just like Erin. And we in fact reloaded. Yes, Quill will be targeted and burned tomorrow but he will get better fast.

The deal is nobody is talking about Russell Wilson taking that next step or just what Sheldon Richardson means. Russell is finally making the offense move quickly against the play clock and releasing the ball in under 2.5 seconds. And defensively Sheldon is a Cortez Kennedy level type but on an actual defense. It's beyond insane how this happened.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Rawls and Procise, while having great talent, do nothing if they can't play right? I have no illusions that Lacy is going to be anything more than a lumbering 3rd down back for us. He has shown exactly squat during the pre-season. God I hope that Carson can fill the role going forward.

Josea16

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1oa844bk said:
Rawls and Procise, while having great talent, do nothing if they can't play right? I have no illusions that Lacy is going to be anything more than a lumbering 3rd down back for us. He has shown exactly squat during the pre-season. God I hope that Carson can fill the role going forward.
Both Rawls and Procise are healthy. Procise played in the 4th preseason game for godsake! Why play Rawls in any pretend game?

ivotuk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":nktcijj0 said:

I don't understand why people base so much on preseason.

Last year before he hurt his ankle, Eddie Lacy averaged 5.1 ypc. Green Bay offered him a new contract, but he caught so much flak, and was ridden hard with fat jokes, that he didn't want to go back. I don't blame him.

He's a monster that nobody wants to tackle. Remember when Kam held out? Michael Bennett was saying "Kam, come back! Eddie Lacy is BIG!"

Marshawn never played in preseason, it's a good thing no one based their opinion of him on preseason...

Eddie Lacy made the Pro Bowl in his rookie year after running for 1100 plus yards. His 2nd year he ran for over 1100 yards again. That's pretty good when Aaron throws the ball so much. He's averaged 4.4 ypc in his career, while average 8.9 yards per catch.

I hope they sit Rawls too, because he's an absolute phenom when he's healthy. With the current roster, we can bring Chris Carson along slowly until he adjusts to the NFL game, then turn him loose.

Josea16

Reaction score
ivotuk":1foi6klp said:
PlinytheCenter":1foi6klp said:

I don't understand why people base so much on preseason.

Last year before he hurt his ankle, Eddie Lacy averaged 5.1 ypc. Green Bay offered him a new contract, but he caught so much flak, and was ridden hard with fat jokes, that he didn't want to go back. I don't blame him.

He's a monster that nobody wants to tackle. Remember when Kam held out? Michael Bennett was saying "Kam, come back! Eddie Lacy is BIG!"

Marshawn never played in preseason, it's a good thing no one based their opinion of him on preseason...

Eddie Lacy made the Pro Bowl in his rookie year after running for 1100 plus yards. His 2nd year he ran for over 1100 yards again. That's pretty good when Aaron throws the ball so much. He's averaged 4.4 ypc in his career, while average 8.9 yards per catch.

I hope they sit Rawls too, because he's an absolute phenom when he's healthy. With the current roster, we can bring Chris Carson along slowly until he adjusts to the NFL game, then turn him loose.
Oh gee, another sane opinion. That has to be a .Net record. I mean sane opinions in two separate threads? Completely crazy in my opinion.

People, we are ridiculously deep at running back so whoever runs will punish Green Bay and everyone else. Oh yeah, we're ridiculously deep at linebacker and safety also.

Obviously we are going to run some exotic defensive things and every last running back on this roster is a serious pass catcher and superior in pass pro. Easy way to help a weak OL methinks.