From the Broncos Board

Kixkahn

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2yzgpcc2 said:
I hang out there a bit and you're right, they're pretty delusional about what happened on 2/2/2014.

Only a few will face the facts that Seattle's roster, top to bottom, is way better than theirs.

And I remember reading that right after Conference Championship weekend, Wes Welker put together a video of big hits they made during the season to show his teammates how they need to play against Seattle.

Maybe their defense never watched it.

The common excuse over there is they were missing six starters... and that's the only reason Seattle won.
Well that is one reason we were so good in that comparison, we made sure to have good back-up for our players. We had great depth as a team.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
What a joke of a fan-base. I've always hated Denver, and its really awesome that they were the team we absolutely embarrassed in front of the largest TV audience in history.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":16junxwp said:
Seattle wins that Super Bowl against any opponent 10/10 times.

Yep.

The AFC simply didn't have a team capable of beating the Seahawks at full strength last season. The only one that probably plays us somewhat competitively IMO was probably New England. And with the injuries they had, even that may have been a stretch.

Again, I believe Denver probably goes tit for tat with the 49ers because the Niners secondary paled in comparison to ours and Manning would have had a lot more success against them. I think a Denver-SF Super Bowl would have been very similar to the SF-Baltimore one from the year before.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The entire planet with a TV and access to watch the Super Bowl saw the historic, epic beat down that it was. If the Broncos fans on that board want to continue to live in dreamland as a coping mechanism, let 'em.

For the rest of the human race, we will stay firmly planted in reality.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Denver fans are so delusional. At least some 49ers fans can admit that both the Hawks and 49ers are the two most physical teams in the NFL and the best overall. The NFC Title Game was the Super Bowl, like Sherman said. Denver is VERY SOFT, and will still be soft this coming season. Can't wait to blow them up again this season and see what their excuses are again.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I think their fans over there are about as realistic as you can expect any fans to be, to be honest.

One thing every fan base does is criticizes their guys, but forgets that the other team has talented professionals, too. Sometimes, you just get beaten. This is something I've been working on realizing for myself as a fan. Like that second Arizona game - they just beat the crap out of us. Sometimes it happens. I think you see fans talking about adjustments, and a couple will always say IT WAS A FLUKE, but overall, they seem pretty decent about analyzing the loss. At least, they are as decent as any other typical fanbase.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1hmtj6uy said:
I think their fans over there are about as realistic as you can expect any fans to be, to be honest.

One thing every fan base does is criticizes their guys, but forgets that the other team has talented professionals, too. Sometimes, you just get beaten. This is something I've been working on realizing for myself as a fan. Like that second Arizona game - they just beat the crap out of us. Sometimes it happens. I think you see fans talking about adjustments, and a couple will always say IT WAS A FLUKE, but overall, they seem pretty decent about analyzing the loss. At least, they are as decent as any other typical fanbase.
I don't know that Arizona winning on a Late TD by 7 is "beating the crap out of us". They played a hard-fought, physical game and deserved to win. Denver was never in the same league as us in any point of the Super Bowl.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
OreIdahawk":igc3bqtw said:
What a joke of a fan-base. I've always hated Denver, and its really awesome that they were the team we absolutely embarrassed in front of the largest TV audience in history.

Amen.

To knock the 9ers out of the playoffs in the NFC Championship was Solid Gold!!!!!!!

Getting revenge on the Broncos for the miserable years of that stupid mile high solute and Shannon Horse Face Sharpe and Horse Face Elway in the Grandest stage of them all with a total ass kicking.... Priceless ;) :179417: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":pyx62i5v said:
Smelly McUgly":pyx62i5v said:

I don't know that Arizona winning on a Late TD by 7 is "beating the crap out of us". They played a hard-fought, physical game and deserved to win. Denver was never in the same league as us in any point of the Super Bowl.

They had over 100 (307-192) more total yards than us in that game and if Palmer wasn't such a turnover machine the score might have been uglier, that being said, that is why our defense is so great.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
This team was way to hungry from the start of the season until finish. You could feel it. It just felt like this would be the year and it was.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":b1vsozh6 said:
This team was way to hungry from the start of the season until finish. You could feel it. It just felt like this would be the year and it was.
Yeah the only question mark at the end of the season was could the offense do enough... and they proved they could. The "Experts" were overreacting to our offense struggling for sure. We played the Saints, 49ers, Giants, Cards and Rams to finish the year. All of those teams either have good or great defenses. We saw what happened in the Super Bowl when we finally played a sub-par defense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
As has been said many times, Seattle won the Super Bowl when they beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I normally don't just bag on other team's fan-bases but I do browse other team's forums looking for good conversation. But I went to a couple bronco's forums and was completely disinterested in even trying to have an intelligent conversation based on the garbage that was all over it. Apologies to any coherent and intelligent Denver fans that might linger around here but your forums are full of some real winners. . .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every fanbase has their share of idiots. It's just that .NET has been the best fan forum at keeping most of the idiots out. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ujfjiaf said:
I hang out there a bit and you're right, they're pretty delusional about what happened on 2/2/2014.

Only a few will face the facts that Seattle's roster, top to bottom, is way better than theirs.

And I remember reading that right after Conference Championship weekend, Wes Welker put together a video of big hits they made during the season to show his teammates how they need to play against Seattle.

Maybe their defense never watched it.

The common excuse over there is they were missing six starters... and that's the only reason Seattle won.
They need to listen to one of their own's Shannon Sharpe's Sirius interview the day after the Super Bowl. He says that Seattle wins 10 out of 10 games.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Anthony!":1zmjvym1 said:
As much as I hate to tell them, they act like if they can just fix their offense they would be fine. They did not exactly stop our offense either. I Mean not counting the defenes 9 points we scored 34 and that included the last series of back ups. Even if their offense did better it was not going to score 34 points. Our offense only punted 1 time all night, and they could have scored more as well. They are pretty delusional.

Well, technically the ST scored 7 so really the offense scored 27, but still. What Broncos fans don't seem to realize is that they weren't going to score 27 no matter what.

They've actually surpassed the Cowboys as the most delusional fan base. I mean, just wow.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I just don't know about this "we were missing 6 starters" thing. I did not hear a thing about that before the Super Bowl, nothing. They must have thought their backups were good enough but now are using it as an excuse.

Also this bit about being the more physical but still lost is just sooooooo much crap. I can understand if they had lost by a couple of points because sometimes even though you can muscle a team you can still lose by a field goal or strange bounce of the ball. But 43-8 pretty much tells the story.

Yeah that "fought to the end" quote must have came from a fan that gave up watching about the same time their players gave up on the field. Around the last half of the second quarter. They knew they had the time but they also knew they did not have the ability.

Sherminator

Reaction score
I would have found a way to encourage more Denver fans to go buy tickets. It felt way too much like a home game for Seattle.

I think that is my favorite post on that thread.

:laugh:

TXHawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1ds64pku said:
I just don't know about this "we were missing 6 starters" thing. I did not hear a thing about that before the Super Bowl, nothing. They must have thought their backups were good enough but now are using it as an excuse.

Also this bit about being the more physical but still lost is just sooooooo much crap. I can understand if they had lost by a couple of points because sometimes even though you can muscle a team you can still lose by a field goal or strange bounce of the ball. But 43-8 pretty much tells the story.

Yeah that "fought to the end" quote must have came from a fan that gave up watching about the same time their players gave up on the field. Around the last half of the second quarter. They knew they had the time but they also knew they did not have the ability.

Yeah they never said anything about their injured players prior to the Super Bowl when they were sure they would crush the Seahawks. Anyway during the season on offense we had two and sometimes three starting offensive lineman out and were missing two of our top receivers most or all of the season, and on defense Irvin, Clemons, Wright, Wagner, Browner, and Thurmond all missed multiple games. We still finished 13-3.

Next man up. No excuses.