Game Of The Year?

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
I'm going and have seats right on the rail... perfect for a 12th Man Flag.

This is important -

I always wear my white #25 to road games (like to the Lambs last year).

Should I switch to my blue #3??? :shock:

Any .net opinion would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My opinion on the Rams is yes they're better coached and playing much better than the usual dumpster fire franchise that they were under Fisher.............but they also caught these early game opponents by surprise with their new scheme changes on offense.

So I'm glad we're playing them in week 5, and not 2 or 3. There's now a good body of playcalling work for our defense to scheme for. Should be very beneficial.

As far as the Ram's "vaunted defense", it's been garbage this year. I know they ALWAYS give us fits, but they're at the bottom of the league in just about ever defensive category. So this should be a game we can finally not look totally inept against the Ram's D.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Their pass D is pathetic. Obviously their D line is money. Difference this year is it seems like Goff is better than we thought, all that "bust" talk was immature for sure.
They also added 3 good WR's, so they can beat you many ways. Plus, Gurley is damn good too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":271f43fs said:
Their pass D is pathetic. Obviously their D line is money. Difference this year is it seems like Goff is better than we thought, all that "bust" talk was immature for sure.
They also added 3 good WR's, so they can beat you many ways. Plus, Gurley is damn good too.

Gurley is the key this year. McVay really figured out how to use him, and it wasn't just continuing to run into 8-9 man boxes like Fisher tried to do. McVay is really doing a fantastic job of moving Gurley around, rolling him out into pass formations and using a lot of motion, etc.

Smart.

RCATES

Reaction score
I still believe JF was the key reason we struggled against that team. Look at the first game of the season last year with JF vs the last game without him. We have never really had a home field advantage on them so you can throw that out as why we dominated them 24-3. Look at Goff's numbers in that game. This was without ET as well. I also don't believe Rams have established any type of home field advantage yet in their temporary LA home. There's a reason why the spread is so low and will be even lower come kickoff. This is a very winnable game for us. Go Hawks

Trrrroy

Reaction score
The Rams have had arguably the easiest schedule thus far in the NFL. They lost to the only team they've played with a decent defense in the 'skins. Their defense has been giving away points like Arby's gives away food poisoning. The Seahawks should win this game. That said.... Aaron Donald.

Josea16

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1rr459qx said:
Yep, Hawks will need to put up a 30 burger on Sunday
Goff has improved but no way is he Brady or Rodgers where you prepare to score 30 minimum to win. The Rams will get 20 or so but that defense is pretty bad for some reason so the Seahawks should be able to put at least 30 on them.

This is a winnable game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Josea16":2zms5mgo said:
SoulfishHawk":2zms5mgo said:
Yep, Hawks will need to put up a 30 burger on Sunday
Goff has improved but no way is he Brady or Rodgers where you prepare to score 30 minimum to win. The Rams will get 20 or so but that defense is pretty bad for some reason so the Seahawks should be able to put at least 30 on them.

This is a winnable game.

It's the NFL, every game is a winnable game.

My hope is that without Carson, Pete will let Russell air out out a little more using Prosise and McKissic with some more dynamic playcalling.

Rather than what we usually try to do against the Rams, max protect Russell and run the ball into 9 man fronts for - 3 yards for the entire first half wearing out our defense once again.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1p44jtqv said:
I mean, obviously to date this is probably the most important game of our season. Would not say it's must win in Week 5 though. That's kind of over the top. But a big road win (which has sadly become rare again the last few years) against a team with a lot of confidence right now to get a share of 1st place heading into the bye would be great.
What's over the top is thinking that "must win" games can only happen later in the season. Week one is as important as week 17. This isn't baseball.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1cvae5t6 said:
Ramfan128":1cvae5t6 said:
The Rams are 2-0 on the road for the first time in what feels like forever..

Seattle has the best home field advantage in football, but I'm not as worried about playing in Seattle as I used to be.

- The game is in LA, unless I missed something

Yea I just meant that as a reason why I don't consider this a must win game for the Rams. I think we can win in Seattle. Not that we will win - just that I will have more confidence playing there than I have in years prior.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18qijsco said:

We've had starting DBs out in the past few games, and our depth in the secondary isn't great - when all the starters are healthy, our secondary is better than our front 7.

Our issue is LB. Ogletree and Barron, thus far, aren't fairing well. We got burned by the Niners passing game IMO because we were trying to overcompensate to stop the run. Our pass D against the Colts, Redskins and Cowboys wasn't too bad. Our run D against the Skins and Cowboys was AWFUL. Run D against the Niners was pretty good.

I'm hoping these are just breakdowns from learning a new scheme. But I don't like Barron as a MLB in a 3-4, and I would prefer Ogletree as the 2nd best MLB in a 3-4.

On top of that, we've shown little pass rush aside from Donald and the occasional blitzer. Quinn and Barwin haven't looked too great at OLB. Even in some of the coverage breakdowns defensively it's been Barron and Ogletree I see chasing WRs/RBs down because they missed an assignment.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Hey RamFan128,

What do you see as the biggest reason for Goff's improvement. Better OL play? Coaching? Just another year under his belt? He seems to be playing really well from what I have seen. Any areas where he is still making mistakes?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, clearly you guys are on the rise, and the new coach seems to know how to use his guys correctly. Donald is a flat out beast.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Since this is strength against strength, I'll go with our defense over their offense. That said, we'll probably have to score at least 30 to make it a game.

knewch

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Cooper Kupp will give us fits. I watched him for years at EWU and he is a very smart/crafty receiver. Goff seems to have good chemistry with him and he's exactly the type of receiver to exploit the holes in our scheme.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
In September of 2010, we played the Rams at the Clink. Hard fought game that we won 27-20. Might be the same outcome this year. This game is more important to us than to them.

Cc5674

Reaction score
RCATES":3e5omu5r said:
I still believe JF was the key reason we struggled against that team. Look at the first game of the season last year with JF vs the last game without him. We have never really had a home field advantage on them so you can throw that out as why we dominated them 24-3. Look at Goff's numbers in that game. This was without ET as well. I also don't believe Rams have established any type of home field advantage yet in their temporary LA home. There's a reason why the spread is so low and will be even lower come kickoff. This is a very winnable game for us. Go Hawks

Last year was Last year. JF is nowhere near this LA Rams team and outside of the special team coach none of his coaching staff is either. This Rams team has completely overhauled itself from last years team with new coaches and many new players. The approach of this team is much more aggressive and attack and isnt comfortable to just slug things out and trade field position like JF teams. They are aggressive and playing to win and overcame an 8 point Cowboy lead on the road. The Seahawks can win this game and keep pace with the Rams but they are NOT playing JF coached teams.
Some could find solace with that considering JF ability to cause the Seahawks to struggle. I would be concerned because this Rams team as currently structured is designed to beat teams besides Seattle. Remember when the Hawks would lose to the Rams and say well its because they are playing us like its their superbowl. This years version of the Rams is playing every game like its their superbowl so win or lose on Sunday they are still going to show up the following week. For that reason alone any comparisons to this years Rams teams and the JF coach Rams teams should be taken with a grain of salt.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say it's close to must win.

Mainly because we failed to win against either GB or Tennessee. Losing to the Rams puts us on a similar 3-3 track we suffered through 2015. We succeeded by having a really good final 10 games. But it still resulted in us being a wild card team.

Losing puts us 2 games down to a division rival that appears to be in a position to not lose the rest of their games at a staggering pace. Seattle needs this game badly. Because there are other good teams still left on this schedule and at some point we are going to have to win some of these tough matchups to offset the tough ones we already dropped.

There are six 3-1 teams in this conference. Another six are 2-2. Of the 2-2 teams, Seattle has the best points differential in the conference and better than half of the 3-1 teams currently. Oddly, the Rams have allowed the most points of any team in our conference to go with their conference leading points differential. The championship run is kind of starting early this year. 10 wins may not assure a postseason berth. Seattle needs to start making their move now.