Games to watch to see how our oline was last season

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chawx":3hz99m00 said:
Watch Rams (x2), Cardinals (x2), and Tampa Bay. Then watch NE, Philly, and Carolina — just so you don't lose your sanity.

OL effort will fall in-between those games.

If you really focus on the OL, you'll see why many Hawks fans here are bordering on insanity. The 2016 version of the Seahawks were maddening to watch to say the very least. Flashes of greatness mixed with far too many flashes of incompetence. Injuries didn't help and allowed DL-stacked teams to focus on one thing and attack it.

I know it doesn't pertain to your question, OP. But, I just have to end with I really wish Wilson would have taken a few games off when he messed up his ankle in Week 1. Because of that injury he was chased down from behind and strained the heck out of his MCL. I really think that's where this season could have been salvaged, even with our 25th ranked OL.

Let them learn/practice under Trayvon Boykin and keep Mr. Franchise safe while they gel'd a little more. Anyway, that's my 2¢

2 things..and thanks.......Totally agree. What is this? :twisted: :stirthepot:

I did watch the philly game a few weeks ago as I was bored. Watched another one but cant remember what it was. I watched the ninah game last week. The one in our crib. Thanks for the input.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
chawx":v7ojiurp said:
Watch Rams (x2), Cardinals (x2), and Tampa Bay. Then watch NE, Philly, and Carolina — just so you don't lose your sanity.

OL effort will fall in-between those games.

If you really focus on the OL, you'll see why many Hawks fans here are bordering on insanity. The 2016 version of the Seahawks were maddening to watch to say the very least. Flashes of greatness mixed with far too many flashes of incompetence. Injuries didn't help and allowed DL-stacked teams to focus on one thing and attack it.

I know it doesn't pertain to your question, OP. But, I just have to end with I really wish Wilson would have taken a few games off when he messed up his ankle in Week 1. Because of that injury he was chased down from behind and strained the heck out of his MCL. I really think that's where this season could have been salvaged, even with our 25th ranked OL.

Let them learn/practice under Trayvon Boykin and keep Mr. Franchise safe while they gel'd a little more. Anyway, that's my 2¢

Agree completely. I rewatched the Detroit game the other night and was amazed by the run blocking, holes that Rawls drove his semi through. Then watched a little of the Cardinals game and it looked like two completely different units.

Kudos to RW for toughing out some brutal injuries, but you don't need to prove your toughness anymore. Especially as he gets older, when he gets seriously dinged up gotta know when to think longer term and take a game or two to get right.

Optimistic for the draft and some of our young guys continuing to improve. :thmusik36:

RiverDog

Reaction score
sdog1981":vkgewjqr said:
Did you look at these numbers? This opens up a whole new can of worms.

Stuffed run % 30th

Power run success rate 27th

Runs up the middle 31st

Runs to the left 29th

Holy crap this line was awful at running the ball and this was supposed to be Cable's claim to fame. Simply put Cable might be one of the worst coaches in NFL history. Cable's only specialty is failure and he is the black hole sucking up team resources with no results.

Pete not firing Cable after he cut Drew Nowak will be the story of this Seahawks team if they don't win or go to another Super Bowl.

Yes, I looked at all the numbers. My comments were in response to Anthony's claim that every publication had us ranked "dead last or nearly dead last" in pass protection.

You're preaching to the choir regarding your comments about Tom Cable. IMO he's our most over rated coach on our staff.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1nstb78s said:
I would say Tampa Bay and New Orleans.
Those are not elite defenses.
I expect to struggle against the Cards and Rams because of their defenses.

Just finished with the Tampa Bay Game. My thoughts....Fant was bowled over in the first half by either 1 to 3 people at a time. Guy could not get out from under himself and when the defender blew by him, the best thing he could do is push him farther so RW could go under to get the play off. I see what some people were talking about now. There were multiple blitz packages sent against the oline and they were for the most part not picked up. There were also some stunts played...and we started with HUNT as our center. There were different Offensive linemen lineups in the first quarter too. 3 different sets until they got who they wanted where. Those were what I saw and surmised. Thanks for the input. We were 7-2-1 going into that game. 7-3-1 after that game.