GB Weather Forecast

balakoth

Reaction score
ptisme":xkicehr1 said:
olyfan63":xkicehr1 said:
What did the 49ers do that resulted in the smackdown they put on the Packers?
It was a stinker... I'm looking at ur schedule and I'm seeing:
a one point victory over the Bengals.
A field goal over the Brouns
A 14 point loss at home to Baltimore
An ass kicking at home to the Cardinals...

I respect the Seahawks but I expect it to be a hard fought game.. Make no mistake, you will need ur A game as well..... But if you want to start making remarks about the schedule this year we can do that....

All while ignoring we played the #1 seed twice, significantly closer than GB.... gotta slide over that little fact for anything else to be super relevant with your defense honestly.

Baltimore.. also, #1 seed in the AFC.

While we are at it you also lost to the 5-11 chargers..

See how this actually works in evaluating... it doesn't :3-1:

ptisme

Reaction score
balakoth":2beyteu8 said:
ptisme":2beyteu8 said:
olyfan63":2beyteu8 said:
What did the 49ers do that resulted in the smackdown they put on the Packers?
It was a stinker... I'm looking at ur schedule and I'm seeing:
a one point victory over the Bengals.
A field goal over the Brouns
A 14 point loss at home to Baltimore
An ass kicking at home to the Cardinals...

I respect the Seahawks but I expect it to be a hard fought game.. Make no mistake, you will need ur A game as well..... But if you want to start making remarks about the schedule this year we can do that....

All while ignoring we played the #1 seed twice, significantly closer than GB.... gotta slide over that little fact for anything else to be super relevant with your defense honestly.

Baltimore.. also, #1 seed in the AFC.

While we are at it you also lost to the 5-11 chargers..

See how this actually works in evaluating... it doesn't :3-1:
Well I'm glad you think this will be a cake walk then...

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Right now....predicted to be 27 sunny/cloudy around kick off. 10 mph wind. Still think we are a few days away from an actual solid weather prediction.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2khwziw7 said:
I have a strange feeling there will be snow, but not until the 2nd half.

Skittles are not snow...not colored snow that is. :twisted:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I live by a Great Lake. Way too early for a reliable weather forecast.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
What Seahwkgal said.

The weather out by the Great Lakes is vastly different than what we see on the WC or even Denver. It can turn on a dime, and when it does, it's like God mated with Poseidon and s-ted this cold, sleet rain/snow that glazes everything. The hair on your head. The roads. Your car.

I remember the first day this happened. I was working swing in downtown Detroit. Not the Detroit of even now, but of that time when you'd drive up Woodward blowing every single light, because any sign of humanity out would not be willing to help you. And there was my vehicle, englazed perfectly under half an inch of ice at midnight.

RW was a Wisconsin Badger, so I expect him to know how to deal with this, but if you haven't experienced it, it can be a shock.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":25d614tf said:
What Seahwkgal said.

The weather out by the Great Lakes is vastly different than what we see on the WC or even Denver. It can turn on a dime, and when it does, it's like God mated with Poseidon and s-ted this cold, sleet rain/snow that glazes everything. The hair on your head. The roads. Your car.

I remember the first day this happened. I was working swing in downtown Detroit. Not the Detroit of even now, but of that time when you'd drive up Woodward blowing every single light, because any sign of humanity out would not be willing to help you. And there was my vehicle, englazed perfectly under half an inch of ice at midnight.

RW was a Wisconsin Badger, so I expect him to know how to deal with this, but if you haven't experienced it, it can be a shock.

It can glaze your car in ice. You have to scrape off all your windows before you can drive. Plus defrost it with your heater too. Otherwise it would be unsafe to drive. I've done that in the Midwest many times. Weather, roads, conditions on your car can be really rough there.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1222vzr4 said:
What Seahwkgal said.

We get that here once in a blue moon, last time was like in 2000 or so can't be sure, but my Grandma called them Silver Thaws, it looks like rain but is liquid ice and instantly freezes to whatever it lands on, trees break from the weight but look so cool with that half in or more clear ice on them, roads are a ice rink solid ice, weight also causes roof and if you have a carport can collapse it.

Driving on it, your an idiot attempting till it thaws, it does fast around here and then you have the floods.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":isxrfzv3 said:
SantaClaraHawk":isxrfzv3 said:
What Seahwkgal said.

We get that here once in a blue moon, last time was like in 2000 or so can't be sure, but my Grandma called them Silver Thaws, it looks like rain but is liquid ice and instantly freezes to whatever it lands on, trees break from the weight but look so cool with that half in or more clear ice on them, roads are a ice rink solid ice, weight also causes roof and if you have a carport can collapse it.

Driving on it, your an idiot attempting till it thaws, it does fast around here and then you have the floods.

I think I was up there for that one. Around xmas I was in the Kent area next to Kent Station. Brother lives there. Had trees go down and power out for a couple days. It was gorgeous but....not healthy.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Midwest weather is a bi-polar mofo. Today the day started out at 17 degrees with a high of 22. Tomorrow and Friday it will be in the low 40s and then back to wintery mix on Saturday. I HATE living out here in the Winter. It sucks donkey balls.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Yep. Our forecast here in Kansas says we'll have a high of 26 Saturday, but warm of to 34 Sunday. GB is a far piece north of here...
But football is football and it's the same for both teams. Beast could have a decent day if our line steps up. If that happens Russ will have some shots to fire.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Went up to Lambeau Field on January 1, 2005 to see our Hawks.
That was suppose to be Favre's last game...
The Hawks lost because they sat the starters.
It was in the mid 40's that day...
The Packer fans were great, bought the wife and I way to many beers!
So, it's not always the frozen tundra.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1jx1kd7k said:
Midwest weather is a bi-polar mofo. Today the day started out at 17 degrees with a high of 22. Tomorrow and Friday it will be in the low 40s and then back to wintery mix on Saturday. I HATE living out here in the Winter. It sucks donkey balls.

Where in the Midwest do you live? I have a lot of relatives in the Midwest. I travel there a lot at any time of the year for various reasons. Yes the weather can change wildly one day to the next. Even worse you can have 3 types of weather in one day. It could be like 30 and snow, 42 and freeze rain and 60 and sunny all in the same day. It can change 3 times dramatically in one day all within a few hours of each other. It can be pretty wild and volatile weather.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3m9ejo9c said:
Now projected 23f..cloudy and sunny.

That's a very nice day for Green Bay in January. It could be 23 below instead of 23 above. Think of it like that. :)

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Looking like snow on Saturday and temps around 20 degrees Sunday evening. Not like we don't know how to play in bad weather. Plus, the Packers lost one of Green Bay's most memorable cold weather playoff games in 2008 to the Giants -- and the weather was far worse that night than it's expected to be on Sunday. Still remember Tom Coughlin's beet red face during that game.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":19g6m3z0 said:
Seahwkgal":19g6m3z0 said:

Where in the Midwest do you live? I have a lot of relatives in the Midwest. I travel there a lot at any time of the year for various reasons. Yes the weather can change wildly one day to the next. Even worse you can have 3 types of weather in one day. It could be like 30 and snow, 42 and freeze rain and 60 and sunny all in the same day. It can change 3 times dramatically in one day all within a few hours of each other. It can be pretty wild and volatile weather.
I live in Southwestern Michigan, about 10 miles from the lake. The weather out here is bi-polar. We went on an 11 day cruise from 12/23-01/03, we were off the grid but apparently there was a day over 60 degrees in that span of time. I swear, Michigan does not know what season it wants to be. FWIW, we never have a true Spring out here. We have run the furnace and AC in the same week in May. No lie. Frustrating as hell.