Geno Atkins Visiting Seahawks

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This could be a positive addition and a win/win situation for both parties. If Atkins is healthy and doesn’t want the moon adding him would solidify the DLINE and make it potentially a very solid unit.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1di6nxr9 said:
Get it done!
Plus, it will calm down the folks who freak out about glorified practice games.

Calling what we've been seeing "glorified" anything is very generous.

I'd love to see Atkins signed if he's healthy and the price is reasonable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Appyhawk":19lt2zrx said:
What Jerhawk said. Both if possible, but Brown the priority.

Unless Schneider is playing coy, I honestly don't think the Hawks have interest in extending Brown at this time.

Maybe towards the end of the season if he's stayed healthy and playing well? But from all reports, we're just fine with letting Brown play out his contract and not give him the 2-3 year extension he's looking for.

If he backs off that demand and is cool with a year to year at good money? Maybe we'll see something.

As far as Atkins goes, if he's 100% healthy and has been keeping in great shape? I'd definitely sign him to a 3-4M one year type deal. We need DT depth, and he obviously works great playing along side Dunlap.

warden

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rp3mixo said:
Appyhawk":1rp3mixo said:
What Jerhawk said. Both if possible, but Brown the priority.

Unless Schneider is playing coy, I honestly don't think the Hawks have interest in extending Brown at this time.

Maybe towards the end of the season if he's stayed healthy and playing well? But from all reports, we're just fine with letting Brown play out his contract and not give him the 2-3 year extension he's looking for.

If he backs off that demand and is cool with a year to year at good money? Maybe we'll see something.

As far as Atkins goes, if he's 100% healthy and has been keeping in great shape? I'd definitely sign him to a 3-4M one year type deal. We need DT depth, and he obviously works great playing along side Dunlap.

The Hawks are not going to sign a 36 year old to an extension. This is nothing more then Brown thinking he has some leverage because of the off season drama with Wilson

chris98251

Reaction score
The Seahawks treat their guys well, Brown has been a leader and a anchor for us, we will put other pieces in place, Atkins, KJ, a CB possibly. Then we will address Brown, we have nobody to fill that spot yet, Stone is a year or two away, that's the target to which I see Browns extension. No point signing a guy that is going to cost as much or more when you just drafted a heir apparent to learn from Brown. Adding another tackle will now make you owe Brown and the new guy as well as Forsyth. Better to pony up a bit now and get Stone ready.

Also the window is closing slowly but closing, Pete and Wilson are now at a point where the risks start looking more appealing then they did 5 years ago. if Wilson was going to restructure for Adams, I bet he will for Brown if needed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
I think this is a case where they wait till the next round of cuts and bring him in, not sure how the contracts and dates work anymore but there used to be a benefit waiting. Also this gives them a chance to look at the kids and see who they may want to stash one last time, they know what Atkins can bring to the table. Dunlap I am sure has him already looking at the scheme and all if this is a wink and nod situation.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":1148s4qa said:
I think this is a case where they wait till the next round of cuts and bring him in, not sure how the contracts and dates work anymore but there used to be a benefit waiting. Also this gives them a chance to look at the kids and see who they may want to stash one last time, they know what Atkins can bring to the table. Dunlap I am sure has him already looking at the scheme and all if this is a wink and nod situation.

This is my hope. They've reduced the roster to 52 players...

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... 52-players

sc85sis

Reaction score
ivotuk":1u289na9 said:
chris98251":1u289na9 said:

Sidney Jones will be the 53rd. This fact doesn't preclude them from cutting some else to sign Atkins, though.

toffee

Reaction score
sc85sis":f3c6b263 said:
ivotuk":f3c6b263 said:
chris98251":f3c6b263 said:

Sidney Jones will be the 53rd. This fact doesn't preclude them from cutting some else to sign Atkins, though.

Most fans would sacrifice Flowers or Penny for Atkins.

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":1rqegl6b said:
sc85sis":1rqegl6b said:
ivotuk":1rqegl6b said:
chris98251":1rqegl6b said:

Most fans would sacrifice Flowers or Penny for Atkins.

Where is your poll? Or, link to such a poll? Inquiring minds would like to know! Or some such facsimile.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seems like we may be working on a trade to ship a RB for a WR or maybe a RB and a CB for a WR.

Penny and Flowers for a WR TBD that also saves us $ then we sign Geno would be pretty cool.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wenhawk":pl5dzkjt said:
Seems like we may be working on a trade to ship a RB for a WR or maybe a RB and a CB for a WR.

Penny and Flowers for a WR TBD that also saves us $ then we sign Geno would be pretty cool.

We don't need a WR, we have starters and our depth is good, many will be brought back to PS, many more celebrated WR cut today probably with the same thought since you can sign Vets to PS also.

Depth at LB and salary cap relief is the biggest issue and you could get some of that with Flowers, Penny, getting traded or cut.

Interior Line upgrade would be the next hole to look at, Trufant would be a cheap sign at CB since 3.5 million is getting paid by Detroit anyway.

kf3339

Reaction score
Wenhawk":367vkd0y said:

It seems strange that no team has signed Geno. Even if he didn't want to practice, he should be on a team by now. Is he wanting to have a shot at a Super Bowl ring, or just a larger paycheck?