Geno Atkins Visiting Seahawks

Fudwamper

Reaction score
kf3339":2owchgxc said:
Wenhawk":2owchgxc said:
Seems like we may be working on a trade to ship a RB for a WR or maybe a RB and a CB for a WR.

Penny and Flowers for a WR TBD that also saves us $ then we sign Geno would be pretty cool.

It seems strange that no team has signed Geno. Even if he didn't want to practice, he should be on a team by now. Is he wanting to have a shot at a Super Bowl ring, or just a larger paycheck?

I would guess they are waiting after week1 so as not to guarantee the years' salary.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2h9k6efm said:
Wenhawk":2h9k6efm said:
Seems like we may be working on a trade to ship a RB for a WR or maybe a RB and a CB for a WR.

Penny and Flowers for a WR TBD that also saves us $ then we sign Geno would be pretty cool.

We don't need a WR, we have starters and our depth is good, many will be brought back to PS, many more celebrated WR cut today probably with the same thought since you can sign Vets to PS also.

Depth at LB and salary cap relief is the biggest issue and you could get some of that with Flowers, Penny, getting traded or cut.

Interior Line upgrade would be the next hole to look at, Trufant would be a cheap sign at CB since 3.5 million is getting paid by Detroit anyway.

I dont agree on Wr after DK and Lockett who do we really have. we kept only 4. A rookie and Swain a 2nd year player with a whopping 13 receptions. and then PS players with little to no pro experience at all. That is not good at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":4ogcl3tx said:
chris98251":4ogcl3tx said:
Wenhawk":4ogcl3tx said:

We don't need a WR, we have starters and our depth is good, many will be brought back to PS, many more celebrated WR cut today probably with the same thought since you can sign Vets to PS also.

Depth at LB and salary cap relief is the biggest issue and you could get some of that with Flowers, Penny, getting traded or cut.

Interior Line upgrade would be the next hole to look at, Trufant would be a cheap sign at CB since 3.5 million is getting paid by Detroit anyway.

I dont agree on Wr after DK and Lockett who do we really have. we kept only 4. A rookie and Swain a 2nd year player with a whopping 13 receptions. and then PS players with little to no pro experience at all. That is not good at all.

WR Aaron Fuller, WR Penny Hart, WR Cade Johnson, WR Cody Thompson, all on PS and can be called up. Hart has plenty of time active, not worried and the rest are guys that had good looks.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
chris98251":25ca27ca said:
John63":25ca27ca said:
chris98251":25ca27ca said:
Wenhawk":25ca27ca said:

WR Aaron Fuller, WR Penny Hart, WR Cade Johnson, WR Cody Thompson, all on PS and can be called up. Hart has plenty of time active, not worried and the rest are guys that had good looks.

Dee Eskridge may be a rookie but he's the real deal. He hasn't had a chance to prove it yet but with Tyler, DK, and Dee we essentially have 3 #1s. In no way do we lack offensive weapons.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":14nuovdi said:
John63":14nuovdi said:
chris98251":14nuovdi said:
Wenhawk":14nuovdi said:

great and again non are proven at all. Hart has 1 reception in a real game Beinf active does not equal experience. We are not good at WR after DK and Lockett

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":2uijuvki said:

I think Swain and Russell have a really good chemistry and he should be ready to step into that Moore role as a dependable 3rd or 4th receiver. Add in the emergence of Eskridge and we should be fine.

Also throw in Everett, who we're being told in this offense should be a 50-75 ball/6-7 TD type of TE.

So we're told.

John63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1y8vz2xn said:
chris98251":1y8vz2xn said:
John63":1y8vz2xn said:
chris98251":1y8vz2xn said:

Dee Eskridge may be a rookie but he's the real deal. He hasn't had a chance to prove it yet but with Tyler, DK, and Dee we essentially have 3 #1s. In no way do we lack offensive weapons.

I hope he does but he still is not proven and again after DK and Lockett we are very weak until they prove otherwise. Sb contenders don't go into a season with only 2 proven WRs.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":l8c4a7q2 said:
John63":l8c4a7q2 said:

I think Swain and Russell have a really good chemistry and he should be ready to step into that Moore role as a dependable 3rd or 4th receiver. Add in the emergence of Eskridge and we should be fine.

Also throw in Everett, who we're being told in this offense should be a 50-75 ball/6-7 TD type of TE.

So we're told.

The emergence of Eskridge he played a real game? When? As for swain again he of the 13 receptions. Look I hope they both are lights out, but as of now, there is nothing showing anything. we have 2 proven WRs and a bunch of little to no real NFL game experience. The fact so many of you are okay with this is hilarious. FY Everett is a Te we are talking WR.

Let me put it another way would you be okay going into the season with Carson and a bunch of Rbs with a combined 14 carries in a real NFL game? NO well that is what we are doing at WR. We are weak at WR. After our 1-2 their is hopes, and prayers but that's all.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
So which one of the available proven WRs would you trade Eskridge for?
There isn't one I would consider a good trade, and if there was it would cost a lot more than a rookie contract. I hate seeing the door closed on KJ but if there is a bright side to that it is that we are in better position to land Atkins, who I think we need more than we need another receiver who won't get any PT.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
John63":1o2mwq8n said:
I hope he does but he still is not proven and again after DK and Lockett we are very weak until they prove otherwise. Sb contenders don't go into a season with only 2 proven WRs.

Until they prove otherwise, they are neither weak nor strong, but unproven.

Weak is the exactly wrong adjective here.

Why not just say they're strong until proven otherwise?

For the same reason.

Edit: To get back on topic, the Hawks could bring in Atkins, and it won't affect the WR room one bit.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
How did a thread about Geno Atkins suddenly turn into a bitchfest about the WR corps?
I came on here hoping a new update was that Geno was signed but it looks as though will have to wait for that news some more.

John63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2wsl1ulv said:
So which one of the available proven WRs would you trade Eskridge for?
There isn't one I would consider a good trade, and if there was it would cost a lot more than a rookie contract. I hate seeing the door closed on KJ but if there is a bright side to that it is that we are in better position to land Atkins, who I think we need more than we need another receiver who won't get any PT.

ahh who said anything about trading eskridge? no one, all I have said is we are weak at Wr guess what we are.

As of now these are the current Fa WRs, there are several that could help us as a #3 or #4 Wr

Player Pos.
Aleva Hifo WR
Isaac Whitney WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Jeff Badet WR
Anthony Thomas WR
DeAndrew White WR
Dez Bryant WR
Donte Sylencieux WR
Kenny Stills WR
Tre Walker WR
Micah Simon WR
Ventrell Bryant WR
Dwayne Harris WR
Jester Weah WR
Justin Hardy WR
Thomas Ives WR
Reece Horn WR
Riley Lees WR
JoJo Ward WR
Brennan Eagles WR
Stephen Guidry WR
Amara Darboh WR
Chad Hansen WR
Danny Amendola WR
Bailey Gaither WR
Seth Roberts WR
Artavis Scott WR
Donte Moncrief WR
Isaiah Coulter WR
Steven Mitchell WR
Gary Jennings WR
Chris Finke WR
Caleb Scott WR
Warren Jackson WR
Devin Smith WR
Julian Edelman WR
Quincy Adeboyejo WR
Austin Carr WR
Jake Lampman WR
Jalen McClesky WR
Tommylee Lewis WR
Andy Jones WR
Mari Scott WR
Derrick Dillon WR
Golden Tate WR
Kelvin Benjamin WR
Jaleel Scott WR
Josh Doctson WR
Alshon Jeffery WR
Deontay Burnett WR
Jhamon Ausbon WR
Khalil Tate WR
Trevon Grimes WR
Isaiah McKoy WR
Anthony Ratliff-Williams WR
Darvin Kidsy WR
Josh Gordon WR
Bennie Fowler WR
Chris Thompson WR
Marqise Lee WR
Shawn Poindexter WR
De’Quan Hampton WR
Josh Pearson WR
Kalija Lipscomb WR
T.J. Simmons WR
Cody Hollister WR
Rashard Davis WR
Emanuel Hall WR
Kelvin Harmon WR

John63

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":18blinds said:
John63":18blinds said:

Until they prove otherwise, they are neither weak nor strong, but unproven.

Weak is the exactly wrong adjective here.

Why not just say they're strong until proven otherwise?

For the same reason.

Edit: To get back on topic, the Hawks could bring in Atkins, and it won't affect the WR room one bit.

and again a legit SB contender does not go into the season with only 2 proven WRs. As to why not say strong as opposed to weak, because we don't know. Like I said if it was RB would you be okay with Carson and 3 no names no experience Rbs? NO.

It boggles my mind how some of you think this is a good thing. we dont have depth we have bodies, there is a difference. Last year one issue we had was lack of production at Wr after the big 2 guess what we have not addressed it well, we addressed it with hopes and dreams.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Damn.

This is the forum equivalent of rickrolling.

I thought we signed Geno when I saw this on the front page so highly placed.

Not sure what the plan was, but I guess I fell for it.

Ruminator

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":357bm5xj said:
Damn.

This is the forum equivalent of rickrolling.

I thought we signed Geno when I saw this on the front page so highly placed.

Not sure what the plan was, but I guess I fell for it.

How astute -- that was exactly the plan! To get TwistedHusky to fall for it!

kf3339

Reaction score
So why all the WR talk on a thread about Geno Atkins? Find another thread.

chris98251

Reaction score
kf3339":1q9hr469 said:

Because John 3:16 is going to use no WR as an excuse for the next season of Russell's shortcomings.

We have depth but he won't recognize it, he thinks we just go and sign a FA WR and that it has no ramifications on OT Duane Brown or any other players.

But you know in John 3:16 we trust, he hears everything Russell says in his sleep after all.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2ldb2w3e said:
kf3339":2ldb2w3e said:

Because John 3:16 is going to use no WR as an excuse for the next season of Russell's shortcomings.

We have depth but he won't recognize it, he thinks we just go and sign a FA WR and that it has no ramifications on OT Duane Brown or any other players.

But you know in John 3:16 we trust, he hears everything Russell says in his sleep after all.

wrong as I did not even bring up the wr talk first it was brought up by some else and others said we were good at Wr and I diaggreed, we do not have proven depth at all. But please make crap up it seems that's all you do.

Latest posts