Geno is a stone cold killer

Lagartixa

Reaction score
One play in particular that I thought was his best play, even better than his 2 TD passes, Seahawks just drew a bullshit false start penalty off of Austin Blythe and set them up for 3rd and 9, Geno is clearly pissed off with the ref and is starting to lose his composure, to top it off the refs pull another blunder and don't reset the clock and now they are forced to take a TO, Geno is LIVID and probably is wanting to tear the refs a new asshole-Pete looks at Geno and basically tells him to find his peace within himself or something. The ball is snapped and Geno fires a lazer to Lockett right at the sticks and converts the first down, Geno just converted a HUGE third down and stuck it to the refs for screwing him over, what a huge play.

My S.O. finds amusing and endearing the way I talk to the screen when watching Seahawks games. She wasn't watching with me when that play happened, so when I let out a Seahawks-fan response to that big ol' play by Smith and Lockett after so much zebra BS (I think it was something like "YES! First down, bitches!"), she let me know from the other room that she found my response entertaining. I felt I had to explain to her why a specific play made me so happy. My explanation wasn't all that different from yours, except that I was explaining to a Brazilian who is pretty new to gridiron football, the NFL, and the Seahawks, so I had to explain a few more details.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Exactly, I would love touchdowns but what we need is a consistent offense that can move the ball and control top. However, Geno is doing much more than that and that is friggin awesome!

T.o.P.: almost an eight-minute difference in favor of the Seahawks, 33:57 to 26:03.
WOW, is this a different team now!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
My explanation wasn't all that different from yours, except that I was explaining to a Brazilian who is pretty new to gridiron football, the NFL, and the Seahawks, so I had to explain a few more details.
I had a situation similar to that. I happened to be in Australia visiting a friend when the Seahawks played their first ever playoff game. I actually didn't even know the Seahawks had made the playoffs when my friend turned on the telly, and there were the Seahawks in the Kingdome. The crowd was LOUD, Denver had the ball, and they weren't getting anywhere, so of course I'm immediately getting excited, and then Denver went for it on 4th down and didn't make it, and I went through the roof, because I knew what it meant. Then I had to explain it all to my friend.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
My S.O. finds amusing and endearing the way I talk to the screen when watching Seahawks games. She wasn't watching with me when that play happened, so when I let out a Seahawks-fan response to that big ol' play by Smith and Lockett after so much zebra BS (I think it was something like "YES! First down, bitches!"), she let me know from the other room that she found my response entertaining. I felt I had to explain to her why a specific play made me so happy. My explanation wasn't all that different from yours, except that I was explaining to a Brazilian who is pretty new to gridiron football, the NFL, and the Seahawks, so I had to explain a few more details.
Oh you have a Brazilian GF as well huh? What a coincidence lol!

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
but but but... "pEtE CArRoLL cAnT COacH!" ...

It's good to know I wasn't the only one that noticed the significance of that moment, we could all look back at that play and say that was the moment Geno really took it to the next level.

acer1240

Reaction score
You can read his lips saying.. "Let it go."

Then he brushes down slow like "Find that inner peace" type of thing.. center.. compose

Geno did just that
Thanks for that tidbit. I didn't catch it. It's nice to see a quarterback actually listen to his coach.

Rainger

Reaction score
I had a situation similar to that. I happened to be in Australia visiting a friend when the Seahawks played their first ever playoff game. I actually didn't even know the Seahawks had made the playoffs when my friend turned on the telly, and there were the Seahawks in the Kingdome. The crowd was LOUD, Denver had the ball, and they weren't getting anywhere, so of course I'm immediately getting excited, and then Denver went for it on 4th down and didn't make it, and I went through the roof, because I knew what it meant. Then I had to explain it all to my friend.
If that is the 83 game I was there on the 50 yard line and now I am in Australia

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Oh you have a Brazilian GF as well huh? What a coincidence lol!

Yeh. I've been living in Brazil since 2000. I lived in São Paulo longer than I've lived in any other city or town - over 18 years. For the last four, I've been living in a city right up against the west side of São Paulo, so still in the greater São Paulo area.
I noticed there's a .NET member who's in Brasília, but we have not interacted.
I wear Seahawks stuff quite a bit, especially caps, but nobody has ever noticed the Seahawks stuff and given me a "go 'Hawks" or said anything else about it. I've seen a few people wearing Seahawks jerseys over the years, and I started conversations with them about it, but it's actually been a few years now since I've seen any down here.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Yeh. I've been living in Brazil since 2000. I lived in São Paulo longer than I've lived in any other city or town - over 18 years. For the last four, I've been living in a city right up against the west side of São Paulo, so still in the greater São Paulo area.
I noticed there's a .NET member who's in Brasília, but we have not interacted.
I wear Seahawks stuff quite a bit, especially caps, but nobody has ever noticed the Seahawks stuff and given me a "go 'Hawks" or said anything else about it. I've seen a few people wearing Seahawks jerseys over the years, and I started conversations with them about it, but it's actually been a few years now since I've seen any down here.
That's awesome man, I love Brazil-my GF lives in Catende, Pernambucco just visited Maceio a month ago for vacation