Geno is only a gap quarterback

toffee

Reaction score
Unless Geno keeps regressing, otherwise, he is a better QB than Trent Dilfer and Jimmy G. If those two can play in the super bowl, so could Geno. All three QBs need everything to be just right, and John/Pete is working on that.

NoGain

Reaction score
Ummm no. That’s just excuse making my friend. That was almost one of the worst throws of the NFL season.

First the throw itself. The only reason he gets ANY contact is his inability to realize there’s nothing there and throw it away. That ball should have been out completely clean a full half second quicker and in the third row.

Second the situation. 3 points and that game is as good as done with the defense playing at that level. But you keep a pesky divisional game in reach like that for a full quarter and half the time it blows up in your face quick.

We didn’t need him to make a play there what. So. Ever. We didn’t need a TD AT ALL. Geno is apparently completely incapable of understanding game moments and how to execute basic decision making, so we’re at the mercy of this boom or bust scenarios every week.

I’m really wanting to know why no one is in his mic there with the playcall AND with the guidance of no matter what no turnover….
Last week everyone was complaining that he held the ball too long and didn't get it out and give his receivers a chance to make a play.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Geno's chilling at a 2.1% INT rate. Continues to not throw a ton of ints.

renofox

Reaction score
What QB should they have drafted in the last two years with the RW draft capital?
I was hoping they would trade up to get Stroud or Richardson. Both have shown the potential to be a star under PC, especially if either had this year to redshirt under Geno.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I was hoping they would trade up to get Stroud or Richardson. Both have shown the potential to be a star under PC, especially if either had this year to redshirt under Geno.

You can go back and see me pounding the table for Richardson. So believe me, I’d have loved him in Seattle.

But trading up would’ve likely cost them Witherspoon, next years first, and DK (to go up to one with similar compensation as Carolina) and Arizona wouldn’t have traded with a division rival without jacking up the cost. They already got a haul from Houston. Likely costs us Witherspoon, JSN and picks next year.

Whether that is worth it is in the eye of the beholder, but there were very reputable sources reporting that AR would’ve been the pick at 5 if he was there. Same source that reported Seattle was high on Cam Young.

So I think we’d have a QBotF had the draft fallen that way, it didn’t. And they seem to have maximized the Russell Wilson trade by getting 3 stud players (Cross, Mafe, Witherspoon) and Derrick Hall seems promising.

renofox

Reaction score
You can go back and see me pounding the table for Richardson. So believe me, I’d have loved him in Seattle.

But trading up would’ve likely cost them Witherspoon, next years first, and DK (to go up to one with similar compensation as Carolina) and Arizona wouldn’t have traded with a division rival without jacking up the cost. They already got a haul from Houston. Likely costs us Witherspoon, JSN and picks next year.

Whether that is worth it is in the eye of the beholder, but there were very reputable sources reporting that AR would’ve been the pick at 5 if he was there. Same source that reported Seattle was high on Cam Young.

So I think we’d have a QBotF had the draft fallen that way, it didn’t. And they seem to have maximized the Russell Wilson trade by getting 3 stud players (Cross, Mafe, Witherspoon) and Derrick Hall seems promising.
I can see both sides (for/against) of trading up. I was on the FOR side because you MUST have a franchise QB to be consistently successful. Since it's a crap shoot it may take a few tries to find one even using high picks, but 1 real QBOTF is worth 3 Witherspoons.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I can see both sides (for/against) of trading up. I was on the FOR side because you MUST have a franchise QB to be consistently successful. Since it's a crap shoot it may take a few tries to find one even using high picks, but 1 real QBOTF is worth 3 Witherspoons.

That’s fair. I wouldn’t have a hated a trade up for AR. I think, if he stays healthy, he has Top 2 QB Talent.

But I felt the roster still needed a deep infusion of young players on rookie deals so I think not trading up was the better process long term.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ummm no. That’s just excuse making my friend. That was almost one of the worst throws of the NFL season.

First the throw itself. The only reason he gets ANY contact is his inability to realize there’s nothing there and throw it away. That ball should have been out completely clean a full half second quicker and in the third row.

Second the situation. 3 points and that game is as good as done with the defense playing at that level. But you keep a pesky divisional game in reach like that for a full quarter and half the time it blows up in your face quick.

We didn’t need him to make a play there what. So. Ever. We didn’t need a TD AT ALL. Geno is apparently completely incapable of understanding game moments and how to execute basic decision making, so we’re at the mercy of this boom or bust scenarios every week.

I’m really wanting to know why no one is in his mic there with the playcall AND with the guidance of no matter what no turnover….
LOLOLOL Yeah, he should have what, run around and lose 15 or 20 yards LIKE RW has been doing for the last several years?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I get it, you can't stand Geno, and your post shows it.
"Almost One of The Worst Throws of The NFL Season" LOLOLOL Exaggerate Much?
Why can't any of y'all Geno discontenters just be happy with Geno's VERY GOOD PASSES to JSN & Jake Bobo that helped the Seahawks WIN this friggin' game???
You do realize that the Seahawks WON this game by TWO SCORES, right?
I'm NOT making excuses for some of Geno's ill-advised plays, but I'm not going to DWELL ON THEM an Villainize him without even TRYING to understand the underlying REASONS WHY shit has gone awry....He's NOT the only Offensive player that's flubbing sh*t up due to INJURIES.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’m not sure if he can process the field like Mahomes or Allen not many can but he needs to recognize open guys and hit them wide open in the end zone. He needs to vastly improve in that area. We left 40 points on the field the past two games

toffee

Reaction score
Gap QB or not, Geno is #10 by QBR, #11 by RTG. The thing is Geno of '23 isn't as good as Geno of '22, especially Geno of first few games in '22.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yep. For the guys who watch much of the rest of the games, we know that the other darlings around the leagues also throw... well, a few inexplicable picks here and there.

That's just football man. Not every mistake should sentence a player to crucifixion and irrelevancy. We've forgotten how to look at shit in the aggregate.

toffee

Reaction score
Yep. For the guys who watch much of the rest of the games, we know that the other darlings around the leagues also throw... well, a few inexplicable picks here and there.

That's just football man. Not every mistake should sentence a player to crucifixion and irrelevancy. We've forgotten how to look at shit in the aggregate.
This!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

It’s not about the picks. Geno Smith has been missing many opportunities in the red zone. The Seahawks are one of the worst teams in the NFL in this regard.

Geno isn’t a terrible QB, but the more I see him play, the more I get the sense that he’s more of a stop gap than anything. He definitely doesn’t have that it factor.

Geno is firmly in the camp of we could do much worse, but we could also do much better.