Geno is only a gap quarterback

evergreen

Reaction score
Is he awful because he isn't making Mahomes and Hurts scrambling TDs? His ceiling is barely breaking the top ten. His floor is the top 20. There are a few qbs and their contracts you'd rather have; Mahomes, Hurts, Lawrence, Stroud, Goff, Purdy, Burrow, Jackson, Stafford, Allen, and some of those are questionable with all the $$. Maybe I missed a few-Herbert (no playoff wins), Dak - no thanks, Tua Nope the next concussion will be the last. There aren't that many great qbs just out there for the taking.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Geno will be better... will play better... when Abe Lucas returns to the field, and when the rest of the O-line is healthy and settled as to which players will be the starters the rest of this season.

I'm predicting it will be Cross/Lewis/Olu/Bradford/Lucas... making Brown and Haynes the backup Center/Guards.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well, the alternative is WIlson still QB.. no #21, 11, 26, plus more.. Geno's looking pretty good.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I didnt get to watch the game but I saw some highlights and the pick was really ugly, but it appears he had a pretty efficient game stats wise. 18-24 219 2tds 1int. Hard to say what he looked like without seeing the game. My point is sometimes the stats dont tell the whole story.
Yep, Stats do not reveal the down-side of an all beat to hell, Patchwork Offensive Line, with inconsistent (and mostly poor) Run/Pass blocking and what play calls that have to be altered/limited because of that issue.
Geno trying too damned hard to keep some poor plays alive when he'd likely be better off just chucking the damned ball away, or eating the damned thing instead.
Hell, the O-Line had several tries (and failed) to help get K-9 to punch the ball in from the one yard line, so all the failures are not on Geno.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, it was GENO who decided to throw the ball right to the defender inside the 5. HE chose to do that, he had no business throwing that ball.

knownone

Reaction score
We are so close to the Geno / Josh Allen meme becoming a reality. If Geno averages an extra 7ppg, they'd be identical in almost every significant advanced stat (besides rushing). From a profile perspective, that's the elite Boom/Bust QB who's both efficient and creates big plays out of nothing. We just need that extra TD.

Screen Shot 2023 10 23 at 13914 PM

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That is not what he's saying, and to gloss over the rest of his post to boil it down to a strawman argument is heinous.

People should really stop putting up with this ridiculous strawman stuff. It's bad faith lying.

Making a comparison of recent statistics is not the same as stating an opinion on overall value

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Um, it was GENO who decided to throw the ball right to the defender inside the 5. HE chose to do that, he had no business throwing that ball.
It was one too many "trips to the well" He was attempting once more to get the ball to JSN, the Cards Defense was prepared for it that time, that's why I said that it was an ill advised pass, and why I said He should have just Chucked the ball away, or ate the damned thing instead.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. My issue with it is that you need to know the situation. They needed the points at that point. Why force it? That wasn't even close to being worth a throw. Toss it out of bounds, get the points and go up 10. When he is ON, he's pretty damn good. He just makes me nervous, that's all.
However, he also had an easy Pick 6 that was magically dropped by the defender. Seems like he's had a lot of them since he got cold last year.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Gap definition: a space or break between two objects.

Object 1: RW
Object 2: Nonexistent

Technically, not a "gap" QB until we actually have a QBOTF candidate on the roster.

When will PCJS actually start making an attempt to find the QBOTF? They sure as hell haven't tried anybody yet. Draft capital has been used to ensure they win at least 7 games/year, not to try and build a SB level competitive team.

I'm thinking they view Geno AS the QBOTF. Sad

What QB should they have drafted in the last two years with the RW draft capital?

Optimus25

Reaction score
No doubt. My issue with it is that you need to know the situation. They needed the points at that point. Why force it? That wasn't even close to being worth a throw. Toss it out of bounds, get the points and go up 10. When he is ON, he's pretty damn good. He just makes me nervous, that's all.
However, he also had an easy Pick 6 that was magically dropped by the defender. Seems like he's had a lot of them since he got cold last year.
It's the exact same as in the playoffs when he got stripped in FG range against the 9ers and we collapsed afterwards. A crucial drive and we needed the FG at a minimum, and he lets pressure get too close when he should have got down.

He has no mental capacity for crucial moments decision making. He's just full time Geno, no matter the score no matter the situation. Just like cowboys fans had to live with the good and the bad of Romo, welcome to the Geno show. Odd both 4 letter names that end in 'O'! Geno Romo. there you go.

NoGain

Reaction score
Sadly it was also RW who decided to throw that INT in the SB.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's the exact same as in the playoffs when he got stripped in FG range against the 9ers and we collapsed afterwards. A crucial drive and we needed the FG at a minimum, and he lets pressure get too close when he should have got down.

He has no mental capacity for crucial moments decision making. He's just full time Geno, no matter the score no matter the situation. Just like cowboys fans had to live with the good and the bad of Romo, welcome to the Geno show. Odd both 4 letter names that end in 'O'! Geno Romo. there you go.
Yup, good points.
But if you don't throw on the poms for Geno, you're somehow a hater. It IS ok to have varying opinions on the guy. I don't trust him with the game on the line. Until I actually see him win a playoff game and/or start being a hell of a lot more clutch, I will always be nervous when he's under center. That's my choice, and my opinion. His field vision and decision making is bad.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Injuries to his KEY O-Linemen borne a lot of Inconsistencies.
When you work the whole off season knowing that if nothing else, you have that Continuity with those guys in front of you to block for you, you have a better feel for getting into a rhythm, all that Lock Down went out the window in game 1.
Geno is taking unnecessary risks, and I'm surprised that Pete isn't reining him in with his "Take Care of The Ball" spiel.
We're lucky that the Defense has come to the rescue & hopefully if & when we can get Lucas back, Geno and They can turn this thing around...Better Defenses won't make any easier on him if he keeps playing Reckless with the Ball.

NoGain

Reaction score
I didn't see the throw as being quite as bad as most around here. He was giving his receiver a chance to make a play, something we all criticized RW for not doing, but he got hit just as he threw it and the trajectory of the pass suffered as a result. If he hadn't been hit the pass would have been higher and maybe our WR comes down with it and we're singing his praises.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
???? He threw it right to the guy, it wasn't close. It happened right in front of me. We all lost our sh** when it happened. It wasn't close.
Unless we are talking about different plays. I'm talking about the pick inside the 5.
The other one......easy pick 6.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I didn't see the throw as being quite as bad as most around here. He was giving his receiver a chance to make a play, something we all criticized RW for not doing, but he got hit just as he threw it and the trajectory of the pass suffered as a result. If he hadn't been hit the pass would have been higher and maybe our WR comes down with it and we're singing his praises.
Ummm no. That’s just excuse making my friend. That was almost one of the worst throws of the NFL season.

First the throw itself. The only reason he gets ANY contact is his inability to realize there’s nothing there and throw it away. That ball should have been out completely clean a full half second quicker and in the third row.

Second the situation. 3 points and that game is as good as done with the defense playing at that level. But you keep a pesky divisional game in reach like that for a full quarter and half the time it blows up in your face quick.

We didn’t need him to make a play there what. So. Ever. We didn’t need a TD AT ALL. Geno is apparently completely incapable of understanding game moments and how to execute basic decision making, so we’re at the mercy of this boom or bust scenarios every week.

I’m really wanting to know why no one is in his mic there with the playcall AND with the guidance of no matter what no turnover….

NoGain

Reaction score
???? He threw it right to the guy, it wasn't close. It happened right in front of me. We all lost our sh** when it happened. It wasn't close.
Unless we are talking about different plays. I'm talking about the pick inside the 5.
The other one......easy pick 6.
He got hit as he threw it and it changed the trajectory of the pass.