Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
How are Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Will Levis doing?

What about Malik Willis, Kenny Pickett, Desmond Ridder?

What about Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones?

What about Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones?

And I liked some of those QBs coming out. But blanket statements like “Draft a QB cuz better” doesn’t take into account what’s available and when and do they fit? How many picks is it going to take to go to #2 for Maye/Williams (who are the only obvious QBs ready to start.) How’d that work out for San Fran and Carolina when they did.

Geno is a good AND limited QB. As of now, he offers this team the best chance to win. Seattle should continue to look to upgrade him, but shouldn’t panic because he struggled with a back-up riddled OL in a venue Mahomes has struggled in.
Take a look at the cap for next season. How much do those guys cost? There is no money to try and improve the roster for 2024 currently.

You also conveniently left out the young QBs who are playing well.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Just got back from Cincinnati. Not sure how Geno looked on TV but, it was bad live.

What the cameras likely didn’t show was JSN not having a defender within 7 yards, waving his arms, finally dropping his hands in disgust from not getting a look.

Definitely should’ve won but, if this Red Zone offense doesn’t improve….it’ll be a long season.

100%..I was there too. It was genuinely crazy how many receivers were open and Gina couldn’t see them. The one with JSN running wide open in the corner of the end zone and Gino tucks it and runs..he hits that and it’s game over.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to establish a running attack for Geno to flourish. The OC decided that running the football is bad. Charbonnet was basically unused. Geno is not the kind of qb that we win games throwing 45x a game. This loss is on the coaching staff as much as Geno.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Geno led the league in turnover worthy plays last year. He had a lot of interception luck and it appears to be running out.

He isn't progressing as a passer, instead a regression back to what he's always been is taking place for everyone to see.

This is very disappointing as he has been surrounded by the most talented offense the Seahawks have ever put on the field.

He just doesn't see the field, he pre-determines where he's going with the ball pre-snap.

If he guesses right? Success, as he is a very talented and accurate thrower.

If he guesses wrong? Disaster. Throwing into coverage, or doesn't pull the trigger for the sack due to not trusting what he is seeing.

This is what he was with the Jets. The Seahawks have better weapons and the rules favor QBs more than back then so his numbers will look better, but this not good.

The Seahawks are at a point where there is no question they must take a QB in the upcoming draft, AND consider moving on from Smith to save CAP as Geno is not worth his ballooning salary numbers going forward.
I don't necessarily disagree with this take. Geno was always a bridge guy.

Thoughts on the QB's coming out this year (2024)? Outside of Caleb. Do you have your eye on anyone?

GemCity

Reaction score
100%..I was there too. It was genuinely crazy how many receivers were open and Gina couldn’t see them. The one with JSN running wide open in the corner of the end zone and Gino tucks it and runs..he hits that and it’s game over.
Exact play that had my mind blown

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Take a look at the cap for next season. How much do those guys cost? There is no money to try and improve the roster for 2024 currently.

You also conveniently left out the young QBs who are playing well.

The point is that it’s a crapshoot. And yes, young QBs play well, but are we going to be in a position to draft them? And just because other drafts had elite QBs drafted later, doesn’t mean there’s one there THIS year. This was the argument going into the last draft of whether or not we should take a QB at 5 because we’d never draft their again. Should we have drafted Levis at 5?

And the Cap Space argument is overrated. Mac Jones and Justin Fields are cheap and how are those teams doing? At some point the poor QB play will negate any advantage the talent additions give you. Plus, there are extensions and restructures open to this team if we need to get under the cap.

This all feels very reactionary. Hurts just lost the game for his team, is he not the answer for the Eagles?

And I am absolutely for drafting a QB to upgrade Geno. If for whatever reason we had a shot at Maye or Williams, I’d take it. But that’s not going to happen. And if there’s another QB that, after due diligence appears to be a long term upgrade, I’d pull the trigger.

But we don’t even know who all is going to declare yet. But we should take a QB anyway? After 1 bad game? We’re not that far removed from Geno putting on a show against Detroit who’s playing lights out right now.

Geno had a bad game. So did Russ when he was here. So do all QBs. I think this team can make a playoff run with Geno. I also think that requires the roster being healthy because he can’t elevate JAGs, just maximize the talent on the field. He’s limited. He’s also an above average starter that we shouldn’t rush to get rid of because the upgrade to Geno is an elite QB, and how many of those are in the league right now?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Cap space is great when you already have a quarterback.

Chapow

Reaction score

He needs the reps and will produce. Book it.

You're acting like they're stubbornly refusing to play Charbonnet in favor of a clearly inferior player. It's ridiculous. Walker is a damn good player and is clearly very productive by NFL standards. I get that you believe Charbonnet will be productive given the chance, but just because you believe that to be true doesn't mean that it is.

You're literally saying they should sit a guy that has proven to be a good, productive NFL RB in favor of a guy that hasn't proven anything yet, and that not doing so is dumb. It's just a silly argument.

olyfan63

Reaction score
An example of a young QB with upside seems to be Sam Howell of the Commanders. He was a 5th rounder. This picking QBs thing seems to be a very inexact science. Yesterday's high first rounders are tomorrow's discard pile.

That said, Cincy is a good team who came in with a good plan and executed it well defensively in the red zone. It does seem Waldron helped Cincy by being boring and predictable in the red zone and running into a stacked box with linemen who weren't winning up front. What was the net result... 4 trips inside the 10, 1st and goal to go, for a grand total of 3 points? Just embarrassing for a pro offense.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There are at least 10 draftable QBs in this coming draft. Probably 2-3 stars in the mix, maybe another 2-3 serviceable starters. Not drafting a QB in this draft would be either stupid or insane.

I don't agree that Cincy is a good team, they seem pretty average yet we still struggled with them. It wasn't just Geno. So many Seahawks sucked today.

I wonder if Geno was drunk or impaired today? He seemed to be missing guys all day. And making decisions that NFL QBs don't make.

How can you be in the red zone on FOURTH DOWN and not at least toss the ball in the EZ to give your WR a chance to fight for it..or even draw a penalty? That isn't something experienced QBs do.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I don't necessarily disagree with this take. Geno was always a bridge guy.

Thoughts on the QB's coming out this year (2024)? Outside of Caleb. Do you have your eye on anyone?
I don't look at prospects seriously until DEC/JAN. So no specific guys yet.

If Geno keeps playing like this, I'll be in the draft forum then talking QBs.

xray

Reaction score
He's a good QB . Maybe , if he would of got the right breaks years ago he might of been a very good QB now ; except that he seems to be baffled and rattled in the red zone now . imho

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score

You're acting like they're stubbornly refusing to play Charbonnet in favor of a clearly inferior player. It's ridiculous. Walker is a damn good player and is clearly very productive by NFL standards. I get that you believe Charbonnet will be productive given the chance, but just because you believe that to be true doesn't mean that it is.

You're literally saying they should sit a guy that has proven to be a good, productive NFL RB in favor of a guy that hasn't proven anything yet, and that not doing so is dumb. It's just a silly argument.

No, that is not what I'm saying.

I want each guy used optimally.

Walker between the 20s preferably on outside runs where he can use his speed and agility.

Zach on 3rd down as the better pass catcher and blocker.

Zach on goaline and short yardage.

Latest posts