Giving away a 17 point lead is unforgivable.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1pfkj435 said:
The defense is equally to blame for this. Giving up 17 4th quarter points as an "elite" defense is unacceptable

I'm gonna say this eveytime. 6 punts in a row. How many times is our D supposed to stop the #1 offense?

nanomoz

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":33d5h35r said:
We saw some improvement where we needed to, but just didn't sustain 60 minutes of great football.

It all has to start somewhere, though

This team now needs to win 9 or 10 of 11. Moments like this make shitting away a super bowl with incompetence more arrrggghhhh tha,n ever. It's hard to get to the Owl. We're stuck with Bevel. Damnit.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Cartire":3teu3roi said:
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115174

Please read.

Most here agreed with this at the time. We took this game into OT. WE DID DIVE UP 17 IN THE 4th. Im not saying thats forgivable. But according to the majority here, weren't we SUPPOSE to lose this game? I'll take 'down-to-the-wire finish' for that.

We are suppose to be 2-3 right now. Or at least, a lot of us accepted that early. Im still excited about the potential here. We did go 3-3 last year.

I don't buy this. How bout we should have won this game. Predicting games is dumb.

nanomoz

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3kbvrxx6 said:
Jerhawk":3kbvrxx6 said:
The defense is equally to blame for this. Giving up 17 4th quarter points as an "elite" defense is unacceptable

I'm gonna say this eveytime. 6 punts in a row. How many times is our D supposed to stop the #1 offense?

People won't listen. They never rooted for a Seattle team with a non-historic defense. They expect historic performances each week.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
nanomoz":3f5gexen said:
LoneHawkFan":3f5gexen said:
We saw some improvement where we needed to, but just didn't sustain 60 minutes of great football.

It all has to start somewhere, though

This team now needs to win 9 or 10 of 11. Moments like this make shitting away a super bowl with incompetence more arrrggghhhh tha,n ever. It's hard to get to the Owl. We're stuck with Bevel. Damnit.

It is hard to get to the Owl, it's my contention that the coaching staff is ok with this being more of a development year. The Owl would be gravy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":18b3wgmv said:

Please read.

Most here agreed with this at the time. We took this game into OT. WE DID DIVE UP 17 IN THE 4th. Im not saying thats forgivable. But according to the majority here, weren't we SUPPOSE to lose this game? I'll take 'down-to-the-wire finish' for that.

We are suppose to be 2-3 right now. Or at least, a lot of us accepted that early. Im still excited about the potential here. We did go 3-3 last year.

That also came before they almost choked against the Lions and just pissed away a 17-point lead to the Bengals.

It hurts to admit, but they are not the same team. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Carolina beats them Sunday

Cartire

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1oxms3ph said:
Cartire":1oxms3ph said:

Please read.

I don't buy this. How bout we should have won this game. Predicting games is dumb.

You are right. We should still be discouraged by this loss. Our team played 3 quarters, and then EXTREMELY unseahawk-like, crapped the 4th QTR. Bravo Bengals, WTF Seahawks?

But STILL, hope is not gone. And we did take on a team that MANY predicted we would lose too. We took them on well, AT 10am. We went into OT. We played 3 QTRs well. We crapped out the 4th. It happens. I hate it. We all hate. But we have to look at the positive here.

We lost the game we thought we would. We lost it WELL (subjectively). It wasnt a blow out. We werent trailing....

Regardless, I saw some good things for long periods. And then I saw... some of the same....

Jerhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":32n8rwfd said:
seahawkfreak":32n8rwfd said:
Jerhawk":32n8rwfd said:

People won't listen. They never rooted for a Seattle team with a non-historic defense. They expect historic performances each week.

Note I said "equally to blame." Reading helps.

The offense was trash too, but the defense had a collective collapse in the 4th qtr just like SB 49.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Cartire":309zllz4 said:

Please read.

Those predictions were with the information we had at the time.

Knowing they'd Have a 17 point lead in the fourth might, just might, change some of those predictions.

leto69

Reaction score
To blame the offense for allowing 17 points in the 4th Quarter is just insane. I blame Pete a bit for taking Rawls out of the game late in place of Jackson, Rawls running had been effective all day. Why change it up??

Before you blame Wilson or Bevell, you should point a finger at Michael Bennett personal foul that may have been the difference between a field goal and a TD, Or Kam's poor play. I thought the defense play calls got conservative late in the 4th in more prevent mode also that didn't fair well.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
w00t":37ia0fay said:
Yeah Wilson and Bevell.

Defense was gassed because of that BS.
Carry Williams getting whooped on Kam looking like his head was not in the game this D shares plenty of blame this is s total team fail from top to bottom. I hope we are not seeing the down slide of the golden era of Seahawks football . Tying not to overreact but this one was one of those season tellers

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1130u6i1 said:
nanomoz":1130u6i1 said:
seahawkfreak":1130u6i1 said:
Jerhawk":1130u6i1 said:

Note I said "equally to blame." Reading helps.

The offense was trash too, but the defense had a collective collapse in the 4th qtr just like SB 49.

6 punts then a turnover on O is much worse to me than allowing a late surge like that.
Any semblance of competence on offense in the 2nd half would have resulted in a win. Even a mosquito fart of offensive ability.

nanomoz

Reaction score
leto69":1f8v2oej said:
To blame the offense for allowing 17 points in the 4th Quarter is just insane. I blame Pete a bit for taking Rawls out of the game late in place of Jackson, Rawls running had been effective all day. Why change it up??

Before you blame Wilson or Bevell, you should point a finger at Michael Bennett personal foul that may have been the difference between a field goal and a TD, Or Kam's poor play. I thought the defense play calls got conservative late in the 4th in more prevent mode also that didn't fair well.

How about blaming them for 6 punts and two turnovers in the second half and Ot?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":vcwvvzou said:
seahawkfreak":vcwvvzou said:
Jerhawk":vcwvvzou said:

Ridiculous. You correlate people being upset with the D for giving up a 17 point 4th quarter lead with being a bandwagon fan? Utter garbage.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I just can't imagine what the flight back to Seattle must feel like for these guys.

I have no sympathy for them, but the psychological impact of this loss is going to be a huge test for this team.

Coach Carroll really needs to get these guys re focused for the 4-0 panthers

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":8za2pqu0 said:
nanomoz":8za2pqu0 said:
seahawkfreak":8za2pqu0 said:
Jerhawk":8za2pqu0 said:

Ridiculous. You correlate people being upset with the D for giving up a 17 point 4th quarter lead with being a bandwagon fan? Utter garbage.

Yeah the bandwagon insult is the ultimate f-u to seahawks fans.

I've been rooting for the team since 98, but if ppl want to act like superior snobbish fans then so be it

nanomoz

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ng9m76h said:
nanomoz":2ng9m76h said:
seahawkfreak":2ng9m76h said:
Jerhawk":2ng9m76h said:

Ya, that's fair. I deserve it. But I'm still tired of complete incompetence on offense being forgivable, while occasional lapses on defense aren't.

Apologies, Jer. I'm pissed. So pissed. Irrational. Truly sorry.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Can't shake this loss...... Just a terrible terrible loss to take. This team isn't showing much heart and determination right now.