Glad for the W, but the offense is unacceptably bad

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1gkr3kyz said:
Siouxhawk":1gkr3kyz said:
Anthony!":1gkr3kyz said:
Siouxhawk":1gkr3kyz said:
Offense did its part to nail down a win and put us on our way to sixth-straight double-digit win season. I’ll take it — and the playoffs.

LOL I will always take a win, but the reality is the offense is bad and Bevel plays a large part of that.
It’s never bad when it delivers a win. Russ is the best player in the league in pulling out late-game wins and that’s exactly how things were set up for him Sunday.

And yet it did not need to be that way if Bevel calls a decent game and provide decent plays and routes, but HE did not. JUst because we won does not mean there were not problems and we cant keep ignoring one of the biggest Bevel
Why can’t you accept that this is how we play and it’s how we win. Risk-adverse for much of the game and then close like gangbusters. Russ is the best finisher in the game. Maybe of all time. Why not play to that strength? It’s how Bev and Pete set things up. And it works.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Bevell was absolute garbage. He was garbage in Minnesota and he's garbage here. I've never understood the hire and am sick of watching the shit show. He needs to go.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":29i1gas2 said:
Anthony!":29i1gas2 said:
Siouxhawk":29i1gas2 said:
Anthony!":29i1gas2 said:
LOL I will always take a win, but the reality is the offense is bad and Bevel plays a large part of that.
It’s never bad when it delivers a win. Russ is the best player in the league in pulling out late-game wins and that’s exactly how things were set up for him Sunday.

And yet it did not need to be that way if Bevel calls a decent game and provide decent plays and routes, but HE did not. JUst because we won does not mean there were not problems and we cant keep ignoring one of the biggest Bevel
Why can’t you accept that this is how we play and it’s how we win. Risk-adverse for much of the game and then close like gangbusters. Russ is the best finisher in the game. Maybe of all time. Why not play to that strength? It’s how Bev and Pete set things up. And it works.

I don't know why can't you accept Bevel is a problem, fyi just because something is what you call working does not mean it can not be better.

rossob

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2xlhtp40 said:
Anthony!":2xlhtp40 said:
Siouxhawk":2xlhtp40 said:
Anthony!":2xlhtp40 said:

It is quiet the opposite of risk-averse to call a lot of deep routes. Some short routes quick developing routes are less risky and make it easier for a QB if his Oline isn't as good as the Dline they are facing.

We also can't expect our defense, especially hurt as it is, to get 3 turnovers and allow 0 TDs every time. Without the D showing up this would have been another ugly game, like the 2 before.

Btw what do you think of the Rams game? The offense did a good job and we would have won if the defense would have got multiple turnovers or not allowed those TDs?
I know that every part of our team played bad that day but you can't look at it and say the offense and playcalling did not play a huge part in that loss and that we couldn't have possibly overcome it if the gameplan was better.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
HansGruber":wf06hz7z said:
Bevell was absolute garbage. He was garbage in Minnesota and he's garbage here. I've never understood the hire and am sick of watching the shit show. He needs to go.
I remember the day he got fired, Minnesota fans were cheering. When we hired him many of them were laughing uncontrollably.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2phnjit2 said:
Offense is an unmitigated mess. We need a complete reworking.

YUP. The wheels have been wobbling for a number of seasons now.

This season there were games they fell off completely.

It's nice to see fans that despite a win recognize the team is really in a shambles right now.

"Unacceptably bad" is a great way of putting it.

This version of the Seahawks should be unacceptable to fans who think we deserve better...

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13l3q61n said:
Siouxhawk":13l3q61n said:
It’s never bad when it delivers a win.
Idiotic statement and absolutely untrue, as well.

Given the choice, I'd rather see wins with a lousy offense, than loses with the greatest show on turf.

But that's just me. :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Ugly wins over pretty losses, every damn day of the week. Yes I say it a lot, but my god people are so obsessed with how a team wins, I'll never understand it. It's a Win, why does it matter how it looks?????
So, would people rather have them throw up 500 yards of offense and lose?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":2n55kltl said:
Given the choice, I'd rather see wins with a lousy offense, than loses with the greatest show on turf.

But that's just me. :irishdrinkers:
I'd far rather watch a week 17 loss with us already having 13 wins and a first-round bye locked up than a win where we still have a 50/50 chance WITH a win of getting into the playoffs as the last wild card spot, but hey, to each their own.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, the team is what it is, and they are playing for a chance at the playoffs. Not sure how that's a bad thing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3shx4tpc said:
Yes I say it a lot, but my god people are so obsessed with how a team wins, I'll never understand it.
Because it's a measure of how well a team's performing and an indicator of likely future performance? The real question here is one that I pose to you: Why do you and so many others look at games in a bubble? This whole "let's pretend our offensive woes don't matter because ANY GIVEN SUNDAY AND WE'RE STILL HEADING FOR THE SUPER BOWL" mindset is illogical and ignorant of reality.

Those of us who raise legitimate concerns about HOW we win are looking at the larger picture. Ignoring telltale signs is a childish act of sticking one's head in the sand because they don't like what they see.

rjdriver

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":10w1jwkn said:
Siouxhawk":10w1jwkn said:

Agreed.

If a kicker goes 0-5 with 2 extra points missed, yet the team wins based on other strengths, could you say the kicker wasn’t bad because his performance delivered a win?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rjdriver":3kleebvv said:
RolandDeschain":3kleebvv said:
Siouxhawk":3kleebvv said:

Agreed.

If a kicker goes 0-5 with 2 extra points missed, yet the team wins based on other strengths, could you say the kicker wasn’t bad because his performance delivered a win?

"Yes; we won, that's all that matters, and it means everything is perfect with no room for improvement."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3tm2u1v7 said:
So your way of being a fan is the correct way. Got it
No, it's all about trying to be objective in evaluating something. Look...a lot of us have had to work with somebody at work at some point or another in our lives who started having their performance go downhill.

It's their boss's job to notice that, and correct their problems; or if that doesn't work, to ultimately fire them. The boss can stick their head in the sand and choose to not do anything about these signs of an employee going downhill, then be "surprised" when all of a sudden things are way worse one day, or they can keep an eye on things and acknowledge when things start changing for the worse, and understand that it will eventually lead to a major problem if not corrected.

It has nothing to do with the right or wrong way of being a fan; hell, it has nothing to do with being a fan, period. It's about whether or not one wants to pay attention to things and not let personal opinions and biases control what they interpret, honestly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd change "unacceptably bad" to "unacceptably inconsistent."

IMO this combo of head coach, O-Coordinator, QB, WR corp, TE corp and now a halfway decent pass-pro O-line has been together far too long to be this wildly inconsistent game after game after game.

This far along in Russell's career here with the same head coach, WR's, TE's, and Bevell? Should be FAR more consistent on offense, especially the passing game.