Glad for the W, but the offense is unacceptably bad

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dljkoa2 said:
No, it's all about trying to be objective in evaluating something. Look...a lot of us have had to work with somebody at work at some point or another in our lives who started having their performance go downhill.

It's their boss's job to notice that, and correct their problems; or if that doesn't work, to ultimately fire them. The boss can stick their head in the sand and choose to not do anything about these signs of an employee going downhill, then be "surprised" when all of a sudden things are way worse one day, or they can keep an eye on things and acknowledge when things start changing for the worse, and understand that it will eventually lead to a major problem if not corrected.

It has nothing to do with the right or wrong way of being a fan; hell, it has nothing to do with being a fan, period. It's about whether or not one wants to pay attention to things and not let personal opinions and biases control what they interpret, honestly.

Now that you gave a more elaborate answer, I’ll reply it turn with more of my thoughts, for better or worse.

I’m sure the offense will be a topic of discussion until next season starts, so speculating at this point would be simply that, conjecture, but since that’s what we do here, I’ll carry on.

It takes quite a leap of faith for me to assume that there are people on a forum that have more experience, knowledge, information, or the years of film dissection, than an NFL coach with 40 years of background working for and with coaches whose livelihoods are all dependent on their ability to judge what it takes to win, at this, or any other level.

What we fans so cavalierly proclaim as “anyone with eyes”, “someone with any knowledge” or “I know what I see” as an explanation or criticism for the Seahawks woes is THE descriptive interpretation I’m not ready to parrot, just to follow the mob mentality.

Now, I like to think I’m a pretty smart guy, I’ve played the game, watch it, analyzed it, bet my hard earned money on it, heck I even tried to coach it, but I’d never assume I have more expertise or understanding of the game than those that do it at the highest level.

So, perhaps I’m less accusatory of those I consider to have a superior perception or I shouldn’t consider them superior at all. It just seem beyond believe, to me anyway, that a head coach that knows what it takes to get to and win a Superbowl would, for any reason, intentionally do anything, that would impede him from winning.

This off season will have changes that much is for sure. Whether it’s what our forum’s collective assumptions are, is to be seen. Maybe all, maybe some, maybe none, or maybe something entirely different. If it turns out to be what “anyone with eyes”, “someone with any knowledge” or “I know what I see”, then great the Seahawks collective brain trust agrees.

If not, I’ll still lay more credence in their collective perceptions than yours, mine or my next door neighbor’s, sorry to be the party pooper.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":35m6pw0k said:
RolandDeschain":35m6pw0k said:
No, it's all about trying to be objective in evaluating something. Look...a lot of us have had to work with somebody at work at some point or another in our lives who started having their performance go downhill.

It's their boss's job to notice that, and correct their problems; or if that doesn't work, to ultimately fire them. The boss can stick their head in the sand and choose to not do anything about these signs of an employee going downhill, then be "surprised" when all of a sudden things are way worse one day, or they can keep an eye on things and acknowledge when things start changing for the worse, and understand that it will eventually lead to a major problem if not corrected.

It has nothing to do with the right or wrong way of being a fan; hell, it has nothing to do with being a fan, period. It's about whether or not one wants to pay attention to things and not let personal opinions and biases control what they interpret, honestly.

Now that you gave a more elaborate answer, I’ll reply it turn with more of my thoughts, for better or worse.

I’m sure the offense will be a topic of discussion until next season starts, so speculating at this point would be simply that, conjecture, but since that’s what we do here, I’ll carry on.

It takes quite a leap of faith for me to assume that there are people on a forum that have more experience, knowledge, information, or the years of film dissection, than an NFL coach with 40 years of background working for and with coaches whose livelihoods are all dependent on their ability to judge what it takes to win, at this, or any other level.

What we fans so cavalierly proclaim as “anyone with eyes”, “someone with any knowledge” or “I know what I see” as an explanation or criticism for the Seahawks woes is THE descriptive interpretation I’m not ready to parrot, just to follow the mob mentality.

Now, I like to think I’m a pretty smart guy, I’ve played the game, watch it, analyzed it, bet my hard earned money on it, heck I even tried to coach it, but I’d never assume I have more expertise or understanding of the game than those that do it at the highest level.

So, perhaps I’m less accusatory of those I consider to have a superior perception or I shouldn’t consider them superior at all. It just seem beyond believe, to me anyway, that a head coach that knows what it takes to get to and win a Superbowl would, for any reason, intentionally do anything, that would impede him from winning.

This off season will have changes that much is for sure. Whether it’s what our forum’s collective assumptions are, is to be seen. Maybe all, maybe some, maybe none, or maybe something entirely different. If it turns out to be what “anyone with eyes”, “someone with any knowledge” or “I know what I see”, then great the Seahawks collective brain trust agrees.

If not, I’ll still lay more credence in their collective perceptions than yours, mine or my next door neighbor’s, sorry to be the party pooper.

Then why have a message board?

Also, Jim Mora.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ac316rzl said:
But, Wins are always acceptable, always.

That’s a collective perception I believe all NFL coaches agree on, if not all fans :D

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3m42tke5 said:
Then why have a message board?

Also, Jim Mora.

I have no problem with different opinions, I just put different weight on some, more than others.

Jim Mora? Surely you don’t think he intentionally tried to lose?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jim Mora as in, I DON'T believe that every coach out there is more knowledgeable than the fans.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":28qpzemi said:
Jim Mora as in, I DON'T believe that every coach out there is more knowledgeable than the fans.

Maybe, but it would be an interesting contest though :lol:

mrblitz

Reaction score
HansGruber":3gl4hb66 said:
Bevell was absolute garbage. He was garbage in Minnesota and he's garbage here. I've never understood the hire and am sick of watching the shit show. He needs to go.

off the field, bevell might be a wonderful human being, but yes his skill as an oc is low. i never understood this hire, either.

Jville

Reaction score
Bevell and cable need to be fired. Its been said many times but that is the only answer i have.

Not that it adds anything, but here is a reddit for a favorite blame campaign. LOL

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Everybody has blind spots. 40 years of experience and achieving the highest levels possible doesn't mean you're immune from them. Customers of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae would have said the same thing you're saying before the collapse, Fidelis.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":28w0covt said:
Anthony!":28w0covt said:
Siouxhawk":28w0covt said:
Anthony!":28w0covt said:
LOL I will always take a win, but the reality is the offense is bad and Bevel plays a large part of that.
It’s never bad when it delivers a win. Russ is the best player in the league in pulling out late-game wins and that’s exactly how things were set up for him Sunday.

And yet it did not need to be that way if Bevel calls a decent game and provide decent plays and routes, but HE did not. JUst because we won does not mean there were not problems and we cant keep ignoring one of the biggest Bevel
Why can’t you accept that this is how we play and it’s how we win. Risk-adverse for much of the game and then close like gangbusters. Russ is the best finisher in the game. Maybe of all time. Why not play to that strength? It’s how Bev and Pete set things up. And it works.
By hanging back, they've let too many games get away from them that didn't need to be a loss.
Quicker/earlier in game adjustments need to be made when Wilson is struggling to get into rhythm.
Wilsons TD's & QB ratings are right up there with THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE, Now, can you imagine how much better those numbers would be if Bevell would throw a couple curve balls at Defenses EARLIER in the games.
Bevell could help with this, and the whole Offense would do better.
Too many unnecessary hits sacks & pressures due to poor offensive schemes early in the contests.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":2fl0ijfo said:
RolandDeschain":2fl0ijfo said:

Good post.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dhmc0z2p said:
But, Wins are always acceptable, always.
Not only are Wins "Always Acceptable", they are "ALAWYS GOOD" ;)
Could they win with more improved methods, Preparations, & deliberate decisiveness, sure, but good teams have also lost when they had everything going in their favor...That's why they play the games, and that's why I celebrate an ugly win with just as much fervor as the ones that were lop-sided victories.
Bevell could do better EARLIER in the contests, or maybe he's already presenting his best work...If that's the case, he needs to go Coach HS Football.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I consistently catch myself in the stands saying "could we actually play well in the 1st half, sometime this century?" :lol:

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3j5vktbj said:
I consistently catch myself in the stands saying "could we actually play well in the 1st half, sometime this century?" :lol:

I just want to see them play well on offense in the first half more consistently. I could buy a slow offense when we had prime Beast Mode and a historically good and healthy defense and were competing for the #1 seed.

Now we are struggling to hit 10 wins due to defensive injuries and other mistakes so we need the offense to carry and I just don't see it. I want to believe we can make the playoffs and find a way to win but I just don't see it.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":5rlqri2c said:
Everybody has blind spots. 40 years of experience and achieving the highest levels possible doesn't mean you're immune from them. Customers of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae would have said the same thing you're saying before the collapse, Fidelis.

I can understand that premise, but as posting fans, I suggest, we have even bigger blind spots. We have less information, less access to pertinent information and less analytical equipment available to us. Then it presumes we can definitely see problems, to a higher degree, than those that do have the very facts and devices we do not.

It then forces us to assume that someone that was a defensive minded coach, has total team authority and as much money available to him, as Pete does, would either not try to find the best Offensive Coordinator attainable or keep one that he thinks is, or is somehow unaware is, keeping him from winning as much as possible. Because, geez, he’s such a nice guy? He’s known him forever and can’t find it in his heart to fire him? He just doesn’t care?

These assumptions just don’t seem logical to me, and if it doesn’t make sense to me, I have a hard time wrapping my head around why it seems to make sense to so many others.

That was the only point I was trying to make.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm not a Doctor but if I cut my arm I know I should put a band aid on it. I can't build a car but I know a POS when I see one. I can't write a script but I know if a movie is a piece of garbage (calling you out Last Jedi). I don't know how to make a good pizza but if you bring me some doey shit with cheese on it, I'm gonna tell you that your pizza sucks.

I can never pretend to call, plan or script an offense but the inconsistency of Seattle's offensive production is a blood pressure rising event.

Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, empty set can suck it!