GOAT Seahawks Quarterback

Reaction score
Our "Mount Rushmore" of Seahawks quarterbacks would appear to be:
Hasselbeck
Zorn
Krieg
Wilson

My question to all of you is (?)

At what point in his career does Russ become the Seahawks "greatest" quarterback ?
Is he already there ?
Must he finish his career in Seattle ?
Does he need another ring ?
If not, what must he still do in Seattle to become GOAT ?

There is no wrong answer here. I am just curious as to the opinions of .NETters :snack:

OP
OP
glowingeyedseahawk
Reaction score
v1rotv2":957261id said:
We went to two Super Bowls with Russ and won one. Yeah, Russ is the top dog.

So stats and how he finishes in a Seahawks uniform no longer matter........
When it's all said and done, It's all about the Super Bowl appearances ? :snack:

Vetamur

Reaction score
I dont think there is much question that Russ is #1. After that I can see the debates.

Personally I go, as far as performance:

Wilson
Hass
Krieg
Zorn.

Influence..

Wilson
Zorn
Hass
Krieg..maybe?

Its nearly 40 years on and there are Zorn jerseys in the stands (not just me!), interest when he is named coach of the local team, etc. His charisma just has attached itself to the city in a huge way. If you think about the fact he wasnt a Pro Bowler, never started a playoff game.. its remarkable how well loved he still is. But his brand of football was contagious.

Hass is well loved and QBed to the Super Bowl and was personable.

Krieg first brought the Seahawks to the play offs and his on days were super on.. but partially because he replaced Zorn, I dont have the feeling that he really ingratiated himself as deep with the fans.

John63

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":3c658ibs said:
v1rotv2":3c658ibs said:

When it's all said and done, It's all about the Super Bowl appearances ? :snack:

Ahh by stats its still Wilson. Hass did not finish his playing career in a hawks uniform. Neither did Kraig, or zorn

Jac

Reaction score
Wilson should pass Hasselbeck and Krieg in career passing yards this season. He's already ahead in career touchdowns. His career stats should end up dwarfing both. That being said, I have a soft spot for Krieg because he was the team's quarterback when I first became a fan as a kid.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson's the best QB this franchise has ever had.

He's a winner. The truth is in his stats

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":3qss20d8 said:
Our "Mount Rushmore" of Seahawks quarterbacks would appear to be:
Hasselbeck
Zorn
Krieg
Wilson

My question to all of you is (?)

At what point in his career does Russ become the Seahawks "greatest" quarterback ?
Is he already there ?
Must he finish his career in Seattle ?
Does he need another ring ?
If not, what must he still do in Seattle to become GOAT ?

There is no wrong answer here. I am just curious as to the opinions of .NETters :snack:

If this is the Mount Rushmore of Seahawks QBs it says quite a bit about the lack of top flight QB talent this team has had. I was a fan of Zorn back in the day and loved how he was our own bit of Fran Tarkington. I was kind of nervous when Dave Krieg took over from Zorn but quickly got behind him as this teams QB. The fumbles that seemed to easily slip out of his hands as he dropped back to pass were infuriating but he was ours and completely homegrown at that. Matt Hasselbeck brought this team to heights we had never seen before. I liked Hass. I liked his grit. I liked his competitive fire. I was disappointed when he left the Seahawks.

Russell Wilson is the first top flight franchise QB this team has been blessed with to play the position. Any Seahawks QBs on the list for Mount Rushmore besides Wilson are basically there as winners of participation trophies. Since the 1976 inaugural season, this franchise has had only one true legitimate franchise QB who has played for the team from the get go in his prime. Even though this will only be his 10th season, Russell Wilson is the only QB that measures up to a standard of a Mount Rushmoresque status.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Jac":1drjnifh said:
Wilson should pass Hasselbeck and Krieg in career passing yards this season. He's already ahead in career touchdowns. His career stats should end up dwarfing both. That being said, I have a soft spot for Krieg because he was the team's quarterback when I first became a fan as a kid.

He's already ahead of both in passing yards when you only count their time with the Hawks.

seabowl

Reaction score
Vetamur":36xvofsg said:
I dont think there is much question that Russ is #1. After that I can see the debates.

Wilson
Hass
Krieg
Zorn.

Influence..

Wilson
Zorn
Hass
Krieg..maybe?

Its nearly 40 years on and there are Zorn jerseys in the stands (not just me!), interest when he is named coach of the local team, etc. His charisma just has attached itself to the city in a huge way. If you think about the fact he wasnt a Pro Bowler, never started a playoff game.. its remarkable how well loved he still is. But his brand of football was contagious.

Krieg first brought the Seahawks to the play offs and his on days were super on.. but partially because he replaced Zorn, I dont have the feeling that he really ingratiated himself as deep with the fans.

Krieg's performance was wayyy better than Zorn.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":2bqe2nhm said:
v1rotv2":2bqe2nhm said:

Stats do matter, as in Russell's already thrown 40 more TD's and will pass Hasselbeck in yards after this year. As well as being better in every other statistical category.

Are there other stats you're talking about?

Yes, Russell's already the GOAT.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Vetamur":dnb5d2ov said:

Wilson
Hass
Krieg
Zorn.

Influence..

Wilson
Zorn
Hass
Krieg..maybe?

And WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT "Hass" also had the very best Offensive Lines in Seahawks history, while Wilson has gotten to where he is with some of the WORST.
I loved Krieg, he was a 'No Quit' gamer with little hands LOL.
It's Russell Wilson who is the GOAT...Can't put up the WINS, & through the roof numbers that he has, win a Super Bowl, and lose in a squeaker to Tom Brady & one of the ex-LOB ( Brandon Browner) Patriots. :vodka:

John63

Reaction score
Jac":1dyu38ke said:

He already passed them in yards

Wilson is first in yards, Complt%, Tds, Qb rating, and Of the Qbs with 100 tds or 2000 attempts he has the least Ints, in mos tof these it is not even close

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/seattle-seahawks/leaders/career-passing-yards

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":a3ojnc2e said:
Jac":a3ojnc2e said:

He already passed them in yards

Wilson is first in yards, Complt%, Tds, Qb rating, and Of the Qbs with 100 tds or 2000 attempts he has the least Ints, in mos tof these it is not even close

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/seattle-seahawks/leaders/career-passing-yards

Yep, there can be NO DEBATE about who is the GOAT Seahawk Quarterback...& I'm proud to count myself among one of the biggest Russell Wilson Homers to ever 'Peck Away At a Keyboard' LOL :mrgreen: :229031_thewave:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a legitimate top QB who probably will easily end up in the Hall of Fame. He is so next level compared to everybody else mentioned it's not even a rational statement to declare otherwise. I think his worst season is better than any other Seahawks QB's best season. That's how far apart he is from everybody else.

Hasselbeck was a good QB. He wasn't great, but he was good. Krieg was good at times. He was also streaky as hell and a turnover machine, even for his day. He could blow the doors off or just completely suck. Hasselbeck and Krieg were pretty steady presences for the team for a long time and had a bit of playoff success, something very much missing for quite awhile between their tenures. I'd consider them to be the second tier of Seahawks QBs that were here for awhile.

Zorn threw for 53%, and had two seasons where he barely threw more TDs than INTs (107 TDs to 133 INTs for this team). I get why people love him so much, but he wasn't a good QB. He wasn't as bad as some of the dudes that followed Krieg for awhile, but that doesn't make him good. He's not even Hasselbeck/Krieg level.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Oh, what Ryan Leaf could have been for us a couple decades ago, if only he hadn't retired! SMH!

Latest posts